main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Ok is anybody ever here?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by tendra_217, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    DarthBabe, C-3PX, AT60 and tendra_217, please feel free to come down and visit us on the Vancouver (Tipoca City) Board anytime, as we'll welcome you with open arms. ;)

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    DarthBabe, C-3PX, AT60 and tendra_217, please feel free to come down and visit us on the Vancouver (Tipoca City) Board anytime, as we'll welcome you with open arms.

And the money. Can't forget about the money! 8-}

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
  4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I posted in Vancouver, but there's not really any threads in Victoria where outsiders can post, Rani. Hint hint. :p

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    So what's stopping you from starting one there, hmm, Thrawn? :)

Yes, Victoria's discussion forum could really use a little livening up right about now anyway, no argument there. Sometimes coming up with "fresh topic" ideas isn't easy, especially when one is repeatedly discouraged by a lack of responses from several past attempts. However, I'll accept your challenge!

I've started a discussion thread for opinions on the Imax version of AOTC in the Victoria Board, here. I challenge the rest of you to participate in it, and/or start your own thread in the Victoria Board that you think will generate interest and conversation.

The originator of the thread with the most replies by Nov. 30 gets full gloating rights, and (hopefully) perhaps some appropriate temporary title by their name if YJN or some other FF admin approves.

There's no reason we couldn't do some similar contest on this board, either! So what's it going to be, complain about the weather, or do something about it? :D

- Rani

6. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Money? When was money involved :D

7. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Money? Who'd want to to pay to be welcomed with open arms, Alex? Heck, on the Victoria FanForce (Victory Base) Board, we'll welcome you with open arms for free!

Darn, Veronica! Why'd you have to do that?! We could have made some sweet money here! 8-}

8. LAZARO_DENMAN

LAZARO_DENMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2000
    ALrighty then. I do believe a challenge was issued round about the start of last month, and some folk have been following the whole thing with a measure of interest so the time has come to post the results (read: nobody cares, so I get to arbitrarily declare a winner).

Of the various threads started in the Victory Base forum, one rose above the rest, shining like a... shiny thing. This of course is the wonderful and silly social thread, the Great White North International Bar and Grill which garnered some 76 posts in the course of the month. That's actually pretty pathetic, but superb for a group with only five posters. :)

The best thing about the Bar, in my NSH opinion is the fond recollection of older badder days it brought out in a certain S-disturber whose been around since rox was soft. The first thread I ever started on the boards was a bar. Go figure. :)

Anywho, congrats go to Rani Veko, and this autographed bucket of KFG (Kentucky Fried Gungan: the other white meat!) is all hers. (But you'll share, won't ya, darlin'?)

That's pretty much it for now. keep outta trouble, you lot. ;)

-Laz

9. Phazer15000000

Phazer15000000 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    I'm in/from BC

10. LAZARO_DENMAN

LAZARO_DENMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2000
    Whereabouts?

I'm in Victoria, but there's people here from all over the prov. Let us know, mebbe we can hook you up with others in your area.

-Laz

11. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I lived in B.C. a few years ago. Trail B.C. if you know where that is. I love it their. The mountains, the lakes, and the people. Its so much nicer than crummy old alberta.

12. tendra_217

tendra_217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    First post in here for the new year

Yay :p

13. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    It took six days for someone to claim it. That's just sad. :p

14. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    This is "cawazy". Seriously people is it that embarassing to admit that you live in BC :)

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well there is already a chapter in Vancouver and one in Victoria. That covers the two largest cities there.

So if there is another region of BC that wants to start a chpater, this is the place to do it.

The other option (and we do it in Ontario General from time to time) is use this General forum for discussing join events between chapters, instead of 2 threads in 2 forums.

16. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Well then we need to get another fan force chapter going in BC im sure there are lots of people who dont live in Victoria or Vancouver and area who feel the same way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.