main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OK PEOPLE THEY GAVE US A BOARD, LETS USE IT!

Discussion in 'Archive: Anchorage, AK' started by Mace_Windo, Oct 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Welcome to the cantina, grab a seat. First drink free, don't worry you can have 200,000 credits every time ya run out, oh this is for Alaska JC members only. Enjoy.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Mace_Windo,

I got you Private Message about wanting to become an official FF Chapter and having a City Rep. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

First?the City Rep status:
    1)City Representatives must be (first and foremost,) leaders -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of citywide fans. As a CR, you are there to serve and represent your organization. You must garner their trust and their support. They have to believe that you can be called upon to represent them and TFN in any capacity. This means setting up activities or events for fellow fans to enjoy.
    The easiest event to plan is a movie night. Set up a time, date, and movie, then try to get as many people interested as possible.
    2)A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. In addition, the FanForce Staff does not appoint moderators, either. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves.
    This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

Second?The FanForce Chapter status:
    1)Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!
    2)Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!
    3)IMPORTANT!!! Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.

So lets start by learning a little about each other, and see if we can get something going.
    Give your...

Name:

(Just so you know: My name is Chris Leigh, age 30, and live in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. And I'm the City Rep for the Niagara Region.)

3. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Ok, I will do it. Even though I live in Cold Bay, AK I have the perfect group.

4. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    The stormtropper dancer is here! [image=http://www.bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Stormtroopers/Storm-03.gif]

5. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    I got a friend on here. LINK!

6. TriNite

TriNite Jedi Master

Nov 11, 2000
    I don't know if it's because of pity, but I'll try to keep this place alive?

This is the first post this board has seen in about a month -- I'll come back in about a week to see if anything has happened.

-TN?

7. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Wow! There's an Alaska board? thats cool... apparently it's rather dead.. but that's ok...

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Just stopping by to say hello. :) I've never visited in real life, but love musk oxen.

9. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    wow.. so theres an alaska board... but no one talks on it? c'mon you guys!! :)

10. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Whats a musk-ox :p :p

So, where does everyone live, in in Cold bay ;)

11. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    Cold Bay.. that sounds chilly.

12. JediMasterYoda98

JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Sweet! We have are own board! Awesome! I'm new here, but I live in chugiak, pretty close to anchorage. So, how is everybody? **Taps the bartenders shoulder** Can I have some blue milk?

13. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    *gives him some milk*

14. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    ill chat to meself, then :(

15. JediMasterYoda98

May 26, 2002
  16. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  17. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Sweet mother of clones!
    You have no idea how much it pleases me to see Alaska got it's own board! Hurray for us!

Hi I'm StarFett (or Mel) and I'm from the Anchorage area. Head of the Anime club at UAA although thinking of turning it into a SciFi club if we can (or if one dosn't already exist) :D

The Cliff Note's version:
    Name: Mel (Melody) K.

*dances with the storm trooper*

-StarFett
    "Your daily dose of Fettness"

18. JediMasterYoda98

May 26, 2002
    If you want to know about me,

Name: Ricky T.
    Age: 11 (I lied to get on these boards... SSHHH! Don't tell anybody!)

Oh, and click on the link in my sig to see the Icons (Mine is Yoda sucking the lightning into a ball in his hand) I made! Lord Bane said that they would most likely use one! :D :cool:

19. StarFett

May 28, 2002
    *brings in the Max Rebo Band*
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/maxreboband/img/movie_bg.jpg]

"Get up on the floor and dance every one!"
    -StarFett

20. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    ^IF ANYONE HAS THAT SONG FROM THE SE OF ROTJ, E-MAIL IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

please :)

21. JediMasterYoda98

May 26, 2002
    SWEET!!!! You're useing my icon! :D

22. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    cool!!!!!!
    its cool :cool:

23. JediMasterYoda98

May 26, 2002
    I want to use my Karate Yoda against the blue backround! That was the bomb! (It's the first one on the left of Yoda's on my page)

24. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    i like teh Jango, Mace, and Zam( [face_love] ) :cool:

25. StarFett

May 28, 2002
    Mmmm smell that fresh Jango icon sent... Kind of reminds me of that fresh disinigration smell...

I wonder if we'll be seeing any new memembers any time soon. :(

Ah well...

-StarFett
    "Was that the sound of a pin drop?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.