main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay everyone (outsiders from JCC especially), why is the BB board here?

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Jjanda_Solo, Sep 9, 2004.

?

Okay everyone (outsiders from JCC especially), why is the BB board here?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. DRAMA! comet and the others are supposed to fight all the time, we're all supposed to hate each oth

61.8%
  2. Friendship, as was well documented on the first BB board, in here we can bond amazingly

2.9%
  3. Both of those, it's for whatever you want from it

23.5%
  4. Who knows... I don't care

11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
  2. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Also, actual BB housemates, please post in more detail what you think we're here for. I made this a poll instead of just a thread mostly so outsiders could participate.

Apparently comet posted about this already a couple places, and apparently he thinks the first option, that we're supposed to be about insults and drama.

I have to say, I may disagree. I was only briefly in the first BB game, and what I noticed there was how much we were bonding, getting to know each other, going on a first name basis, working together. Of course, that game was designed more for that. We had frequent tasks that we had to work on as a team, which, honestly, I wish we'd have at least a few of in this one too. Anyway, that is more of what I was hoping for when I came into this. Maybe I should've paid more attention to BB2, because maybe it was more like how this one's working out. I don't know. It also seems possible that after we vote off a few of the more dramatic (if we do vote them off early) that a similar comraderie could develop here, but I don't know. Of course, by that time it's reasonably likely I'll be gone, I suppose.

And, perhaps, it was entirely intentional to make it this way. Maybe it is more interesting for the rest of the JC if we are flaming dramatic than if we are actually getting along and developing relationships with each other. Or maybe we are supposed to do both at once.

Anyway, whatever, here it is, discuss it.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Al Leong teaches us that there is the good and the bad in all things...this is no different. The tides of friendship & drama will ebb and flow as the game goes on, before crashing upon the rocks in a spamtastic drunken stupor.

4. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    It's about ying and yang, baby! Creating a working mix. Too much drama will just make everyone look like a bunch of immature idiots, too much love will be boring and make everyone look like ass kissers.

I was hoping we could all get into intimate discussions on films and music and politics. Maybe we'll have some of that later. I'm also here to see how far i can go (don't think i'll win) and to shamelessly flirt!!

5. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    The thing is, the first time around people were't allowed to talk about nominations or anything like that. It was modeled after the Australian version of BB, where the point isn't to backstab and such - in that version, if you talk about nominations at all, you get punished.

However, that rule was not put on us, so people have already started planning and stuff. So there's bound to be more drama then there was the first time around. That's Americans for ya.

6. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    its clear from the poll that I DIDNT even vote in that I was right.

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I voted Choice #1. We're supposed to target comet and splash as much blood on the carpet as possible.

8. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    This is the truth.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/comet1440/BB3graph-JPG.jpg]

9. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    That chart is completely innacurate regarding the "This game is supposed to be the equivilent to a JC sitcom." thread (and probably many others). I'm fairly sure your post was the only one that *wasn't* funny in that thread.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm pretty sure you have that slide upside-down.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Then only entertainment that you provide is stupidity, comet. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.