main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JoeRichmondVA, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I just watched this: http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline/onslaught-sith-empire

Is it just me, or does it look like the style of everything is abotu 20 years before Ep1 instead of 2000 years?

2. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Definitely agree on that. We can use this thread to talk about the O.R. itself or the coming game. The thing with the game though. I dont like the idea of you have to pay to play. If you're gonna have to spend $50-$60 to buy the cd (which will be nothing more than a cd key for you to go online and download the game) then have to go and pay $15/month to play. Whats that about? With my Left 4 Dead game, Valve allows endless play for nothing on STEAM. It also allows the small guys of the world to use its engine/material and create their own worlds of addons for endless gameplay as long as their posted to the net for free. You wont get that off the O.R. I'm sure. No matter how good the game is going to be, I wont be paying for a cd key and then pay again each month to play a game. I lost interest in WOW rather quickly because of that years ago.

3. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    If it is a pay as you go deal I'm out. About as far as I go is paying the annual for XBL and I don't much like that.

4. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I'm not a fan of pay for play myself, but we are going to see more and more of it as companies know its the easiest way to combat piracy and its a huge revenue stream for them. I'll give it a try and pay if a bunch of us sign up and we all play together when we can and support each other in our own guild. That would make it worth $15 a month for me to have that comraderie in game.

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I don't think it will go that way when you look at the declining membership of XBL and the growing membership of PSN. I think folks are looking at things just a bit more frugle these days and pay per month games are just not going to hang on. The WOW addiction possibly being the exception.

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I keep thinking of the Valve/Steam relationship. You buy a copy of L4D, download it. You're online playing for free. It even allows you to play addon content online, with others, for free.
    Its all free!

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    That's the way to do it. When I was big in to PC racing everything we did was free. This whole pay as you go thing is insane to me.

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Anybody know the timeline for the Sith reign? I think they reigned for 1000 years before the Old Republic but I cant find any good material on what was happening during those 1000 years. What kinda stuff were they doing? I kinda envision a pirate democracy with a lot of double dealing and back stabbing with a Pirate Lord reigning supreme!

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    There have been a few books done that touch on it based off of the Knights of the Old Republic series of video games. I think the KOTOR series is what "created" the Sith Era. Darth Bane I am pretty sure is the most popular book.

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, I watched a lot of footage on G4 this past week regards the trailers for the upcoming MMO. It looks fantastic but still, I'm on the fence about paying $15 a month to play it. Trailers can be found online at their site www.G4tv.com

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Was Darth Talon during the Old Republic timeline? Gentle Giant has a wicked bust of her coming out this fall. There's always a lady down at DragonCon that does a spot on Talon costume, painted red with all the tats, the eyes, leather and saber. Eye candy!

12. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Darth Talon is way after the Old Republic. She is in the time of Luke Skywalkers grandchild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.