main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One choice (Obi-Wan story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Erin-Starlight, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I'm going to give writing fan fic another try. This one is about Obi of course. I don't want to give too much of my idea away but it mainly explains why Obi-Wan gets picked to be a major player in the fate of the galaxay. Anyone think I should give this a try ?

Okay Julie, I planned to do so anyway. Just wanted to see if anyone would read this.
    ?Do it again Padawan.? Master Qui-Gon Jinn was exhausted, he had not slept well for three days. Training his young padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi had been especially trying since they both were still recovering from injuries sustained during their last mission. ?This time do it right.? He mumbled softly, still his student heard him and grumbled beneath his breath as well. ?Oww !? The boy yelped pulling back his left hand to his chest. ?You burned your hand again.? The master stated taking out a tube of batca from his cloak. If training Obi-Wan had taught Qui-Gon anything it was to always have batca at hand.

?Thanks Master.? The youth sighed mournfully at the sight before him. ?It?s fine Obi-Wan. You did well.? Qui-Gon smiled down at the boy, stoking his short spiking ginger hair. ?At least I didn?t burn it as bad as the first time.? He muttered as he applied the batca to his reddened hand. The master chuckled, only Obi-Wan would see a ruin breakfast as being worse than a injury. Then again being hurt was nothing new to the boy.

It was hard for the Jedi to imagine but the boy was about to turn sixteen. For that reason combined with the fact the council did over work them a three week vacation was permitted. Qui-Gon had decided to take his Padawan to a certain place he knew would peak the boys? interest. The master felt certain that this time nothing would interfere. For once they would enjoy a quiet vacation, even if a certain Padawan had a ?bad feeling?.

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Oooh...I like any fic about Obi ;)
    Sounds cool...I'll read it if you decide to!
    Cya
    -Snowbee-Wan Kenobi

3. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    If you do write the story (and I hope you do!) please either edit the first story part into your top post here or start a new thread and lock this one afterwards This board is for stories only, so misc. stuff gets closed to reduce clutter.

4. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    "Can't you tell me where we are Master ?" Obi-Wan was not the most patient of Jedi. Still he had actually managed to stop himself from asking for nearly half the trip. A new recond for the boy, usually the first hour would unnerve him.

Qui-Gon had not replied even when he announced they had arrived. "Remember one of your history lesson--" At the mere mention of his lessons Obi-Wan cringled. Was this his masters' way of informing him he had forgotten a assignment ? "--About the Sith Wars ?" The boys' eyes went wide upon hearing the infamous war.

"You mean this--is where one of the battles took place ?!" The taller Jedi nodded. "Yes, this is Yavin 4."

Obi-Wan could not believe he was in at the battle ground. He had always loved learning about the Sith War. His favortie legends were from that time period. Though he would never admit it to anyone, the fifthteen year old sometimes imagined himself there. Fighting the Sith, protecting the innocent. He even dreamed he would be doing so when he was older. Though that was silly, the Sith were all dead. Besides, what differance could he make even if they weren't?

Two Jedi had landed, they could feel it. Not just any Jedi either. No, these were the Jedi they had expected for four thousand years. That meant the time of the twilight was almost at hand.

5. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Yippee! A new Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon-story! (Not as if I needed a new one. How many am I reading at the moment? 100?)

I wonder who it is who is mentioned at the end of your second post. And I really want to know what kind of 'Choice' Obi-Wan has to make...

6. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm here, if it means anything. please continue :) 7

7. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm here and definately waiting!

8. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Thanks for replying guys. I know what you mean ShirleyLang. I'm reading all the JA fan fic I can find ! I can never get enough. I keep reading back and forth that I got the last two stories mixed up. I'm home sick right now with a really bad cold so I can post some more after lunch.

9. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Okay here we go. If you are planning to read the comics about the Sith Wars be warned of Spoilers. I actually never read them but I did read up on it. Anyway here it is...
    ?I thought we were going to see the Great Temple Master.? Obi-Wan wanted to see where lair of the Jedi turned Sith Exar Kun. His friends would all be so envious that he had visited the place the dark lord was defeated. As the boy edged away from his teacher closer to the temple he gasped at the dark energies which swirled within the building. After such a long period of time he would thought the darkness of Kun would have faded away into nothingness. Instead it lingered as if the cruel ruthless man still breathed. The padawans? eyes went wide as he pondered if in fact the Sith had survived in some form.

A quick force scan revealed that there was no corporeal form present. ?The evil is very strong here my young padawan.? Qui-Gon spoke softly yet with an edge to his voice that startled his student. ?I would prefer if we did not tempt fate by taking unwise risks. Now come, there are other more...peasant sights for us to visit.? Obi-Wan nodded and followed his master without arguing. He did not want to get into any trouble on this trip. It would be nice if for once they left a planet without medical aid. Besides the idea of the Sith must of made Qui-Gon uncomfortable. A powerful Jedi corrupted with false promises and turned into an evil dark lord. Not to mention what effects of that mans? decisions had on his poor master...

Obi-Wan shuddered, though not from the cold wind that suddenly chilled the air. They were miles away from the Great Temple ruins, so why did he still have forbearing sense of danger ? It felt so cold here...like death. The padawan had felt the coldness as soon as they entered the planet?s atmosphere, now as the pressed onward it was growing stronger. A chill went down his spine as he heard faint echoing of disembodied voices. He looked over to his master to see if he noticed as well. The far of look in his eyes informed him other wise.

?We?ll camp here for the night.? The older Jedi proclaimed, smiling at the beauty his choice of spots. ?I?ll get some fire wood then we can start dinner.?Without looking back the master left a very stunned boy alone. Not even noting how utterly frightened the teen was. Why didn?t his master sense it ?! Young Obi-Wan Kenobi slumped down to the ground, trying to make sense of it all. All he knew was that something was coming, very soon that would change his life forever.

?He senses us.?Spoke the first of the party.
    ?Of course he does. He would not be who we waited for if he did not.? Answered the second cooly, as if it were obvious. For a moment it paused studying the very confused fifteen year old.?It will begin some enough. Still...he is so young.? The other said nothing, it was not their place to change the events that had already been sent in motion.

Qui-Gon Jinn carried more than enough wood, smiling at the small toad on top of the pile. He could imagine Obi-Wan complaining about the creature. Still he had to see how his padawan would react to the little life form. Would he over-react like usual ? Most likely.

Recalling the last time he left Obi-Wan alone at camp he reached out through their bond. Swirling emotions of fear and danger loomed within his young charge. Yet the emotional state of the other was not what bothered the master the most. The boy was not alone.

10. Trigger292

Trigger292 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    Great post! Kinda creepy...I can't wait for more! :)

11. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great beginning!!!!!

That´s really a place to make vecation ;) !!
    Qui-Gon didn´t sense anything, typicle!!

What shall Obi do for these "ghosts" ??

Please continue soon,

Angel_Skywalker

12. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Urghh nothing worse than a cold and being bored. Thanks for the reply guys ! *smile innocently* Whatever do you mean Angel_Skywalker ? Yes well I always thought it was a tad odd that everytime a superhero wanted sometime off they get in trouble> So I descided to do it to my fave Jedi As for Qui not sense anything well I have my reasons> No really< I do ! One of them doesn"t have to do with the story> I heard somewhere that Obi is more sensitive to sensing danger than Qui> Since Qui is more intuned with the living force> Here"s the next part
    Clouds hid the bright full moon that had been casting the only light source on Yavin four. The young Jedi could not help but tremble as his senses went to full alert. His fear gradually turned to anger. Why didn?t Qui-Gon sense what he was feeling ?! Was he really that cut off in his own little world ?! He was a Jedi Master, he was suppose to know this things ! How could he be so dense ?! ?Force ! Why am I think this...?Obi-Wan said out loud, cursing himself for thinking such thoughts. I have to keep busy...try to get my mind off this. He thought as he reached into his pack. Pulling out his history pad he looked up what might help. Yes he wanted to stop thinking about his surrounding, but he knew that he couldn?t. He needed to try to find out as much information as he could to ease his troubled soul.

Just as he was about to scroll up the page he had been searching for he heard the footsteps. Tossing his data pad aside he stood ready for battle with his lightsaber in hand. To his surprise the new arrival gasped and fell to the ground when he ignited his weapon. ?Who are you ?!? Obi-Wan was proud that his voice did not crack, indeed he sounded very confidant. ?Caltema Lanoro ! I mean you no harm !? The girl stood up slowly, trying not to give him a reason to attack. Finally she gave a sickly uncomfortable grin. ?I guess I should of known better than to sneak up on you. I had no idea you were a Jedi.?

The boy tried not to blush as she curiously studied him. He could not help but feel an attraction to this girl. She looked about his age with shoulder length blond hair, emerald eyes, and her slight smile made his heart race faster. No, he was a Jedi. He would not let these emotions control him. ?What are you doing sneaking up on anyone ?? His voice was made of steel, masking his true feelings like he had been taught to. He would reveal nothing. ?Well, I wasn?t sure if you were asleep or not. I was just checking... I heard voices so I had to see if my ears were playing tricks on me ! I need help my ship has been crashed here for what must be months ! We need to get off this planet !? Obi-Wan held up his hand to halt the cascaded of explanations.

?When my master gets back I?m sure we can help you. How many are with you ?? She whispered there had been twelve now there were only three. ?I?m sorry. Is anyone injured ??She nodded. ?Yes ! My father is badly hurt !? Obi-Wan quickly tried to reason whether he should leave camp or not. Of course he knew he could never leave someone to die. ?Lead the way.? As she tug at his arm he sent his master a message through their bond. He told Qui-Gon what he was doing. Strange as it was all his master said in return was, ?Stay away from the ruins...?

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Nice beginnings.I always love finding QGJ/OBI stories.I hope they continue after"ATTACK OF THE CLONES".Hard to relate to Anakin in such a loving way as we do with apprentice OBI.PEACE Ewen

14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm really enjoying reading this so far. I hope you update soon - I'm finding myself drooling with boredom recently with Spring Break.

15. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Hey nice fic. I like it.

Keep it up.

16. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    I'm pretty bored too. I don't have this story saved on a disk I'm just makeing it up as I go. Thanks again for posting you replies guys, it really means a lot. My other tries at stories failed and this was my last try at writing my own stories. Thanks, hope you like this bit.
    Qui-Gon Jinn rushed back to their selected camp site, dumping his burden on the way. Any other time he would of remembered the tiny life form he had brought back. The frog barely missed being crushed by the logs. The tall Jedi quickened his pace following his padawans? force signature. He knew the boy could not stand by while another suffered, nor could he. The only thing he could tell the boy was to stay away from where the danger most likely was.

Perhaps he had watched to many horror holos but when he felt the presence of others probing his padawans? mind... Qui-Gon used the force speed to attempt to catch up, failing in noticing the lower branch in front of in. The branch hit his face, cutting his right cheek. He stumbled to the hard dirt ground, slipping down the side of the hill. There was nothing the Jedi could do at the moment save let his body go limp and hope for the best.

The force must of loved him, for when he stopped he noted no bones broken. /I would never hear the end of it if Obi-Wan knew his Master was fell down a hill because of lack of focus./ He thought ruefully, trying to find his whereabouts in the dark. Qui-Gons? cloak was soaked, of course he would land in a pond. /Nevermind that Jinn, you must find Obi-Wan !/ The tall Jedi began to ponder what was occurring when a flicker of light made his blood go cold.

Flames erupted from several other touches revealing the ancient lost temples of the Jedi. Abruptly an voice boomed thunderously above him making the seasoned Jedi freeze to his steps. ?The boy is no longer your concern !?It proclaimed making the great Master Qui-Gon Jinns? heart leap into his throat. He reached out with the force to contact Obi-Wan only to find himself in a battle of wills with the other. ?You are strong Master Jedi, though no match for the combined might of us.? The voice pounded in his ears making it harder to focus. ?What do you want with the boy ?? Qui-Gon ask as his senses fell into darkness. ?You will not know til you are one with the force.?

17. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I wonder if he'll be one with the Force, soon - Hee.

Nice postie!

18. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    I wonder if he'll be one with the Force, soon - Hee. Hee hee. Yeah the thought occurred to me too. [face_devil] Thanks TheFallen. I'm currently trying to write a longer post. So far I'm two sentences in. I know what I want to put in this story but the prob is that I have writers block. :_|

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    waiting patiently for a new post

20. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Where is Obi. What they mean you'll know once your one with the force. What the BBBBEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP is going on here.

I need more. I need more. Post soon please please please please please please please

21. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Yea, new reader ! :) Don't worry I'm getting to Obi in this post.I'll try to do more later, but after I post this I have to go for awhile. Someone else wants to use the computer.

?He?s stable now.? Obi-Wan sighed. His muscles still ached from his last mission, not to mention running to the damaged ship. With his force abilities he managed to help save the man?s life. ?Thank you...uh...I don?t know your name...?Caltemas? hand gently brushed against his, making Obi-Wan blush. He looked away for a moment to compose himself, before addressing the girl again. ?I?m Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Caltema nodded in approval studying him intently. ?It suites you. Thank you so much for helping us.? For a moment the two of them just stared at each other, either wanting to move. Then the padawan remembered who he was, in his line of work distractions were deadly.

?I should be going soon...if it?s alright with you I would like to mediate for awhile.? He was exhausted and did not think he could handle the walk back to camp without a refresher of sorts. ?Of course?if you need anything don?t hesitate to ask.? She smiled at him as she made her way to the doorway. ?I?ll just check on my father and brother now.? Obi-Wan shot her one of his award winning smile he was known for as a response. She blushed lingering in the doorway for a moment before rushing off. /Snap out of it ! What?s happening to me ?!/

Obi-Wan took a deep breath reaching out with the force to contact his master. He decided to do so first to ease his masters? mind and let him know he was safe. He gasped in shock as he sensed the strongest mental barrier he ever encountered. Qui-Gon was blocking him out, why ? What did he do this time ? /Just because I don?t ?call? in every five seconds he shuts me out ! Why is the great Jedi Master always have to play these insane games of trust with me ?!/ The boy shook himself.

What was wrong with him ? Ever since Qui-Gon left to get wood the youth found it himself getting furious at his master for no logical reason he could think of. Each time his anger grew, and letting the emotions pass into the force became harder and harder. ?No I?m stronger than that, I will not lose control.? Obi-Wan proclaimed out loud, surprising himself with sound of his confient voice. /Where did that come from ?/ He set that aside for now and began his mediation to refreshen himself.

The boy winced slightly as the force channeled through him. The energy felt different to him somehow. Usually when it flowed through him during mediation he could manipulate it easily to relax himself. Now it felt more like...the force was taking his body and making him feel drowsy. Was that normal ? Sometimes the force did control a Jedis? movements but it never occurred to in the ?restful awareness? state. At least not to him.

His first impulse was to cut off his connection to the force, but why ? As a Jedi padawan he had always been taught to trust the will of the force. Perhaps he was so tired that the force naturally took over what needed to be done. Above all else he was a Jedi, and as such he would trust the force to help him. The boy was being pulled into a deep trace, letting himself be guided.

Caltema could not help feeling unbound happiness thinking about Obi-Wan. He was so kind, handsome and breathtaking. She tried and failed to act normal hoping no one would notice. ?You like that Jedi, don?t you Cal ?? Her older brother Jasko asked smiling smugly. They had little to be happy about in the past few months, teasing his sister had made his day.
    ?Like Obi-Wan...? She covered her mouth realizing she had said too much. ?Oh, it?s Obi-Wan is it ?? Caltema turned away to avoid her siblings? inquisitive glance. ?Oh shut up. I?m going to keep on father now, so please try to keep your comments to yourself.? She slammed her palm against the panel and the door swished open. Entering the small chamber she noted her fathers? large form shivering. Was he going into shock ? Caltema gently touched his arm, he was ice cold. Grabbing

22. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    That was great. Nice to see you doing long posts.

And I'll be waiting right here for your next post when you get back.

23. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I'll be here, too - because this story is VERY intriguing, not to mention addicting. :D

24. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Thanks guys ! I hope you all had a great spring break. I'll try to write again soon.

25. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Obi is in trouble, Qui-Gon should known it better then leaving this one allone!! :)

Fight your anger Obi you´re ( like always) in danger!!!!

NEEEEEEED MOOOOOORE SOOOOOOOOON !!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel_Skywalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.