main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA online comic

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Maco_Star, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Well, I finally got Jon to want to be in our comic, it would be mean to boot him out. :p
    But if you wanted to be my stalker that is okay too.

2. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] No no no...silly....she has a stalker...a sith... but will it be me or jon????

3. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I posted that. :p
    There ARE always 2 Sith though...

4. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    well she is stalking me :p

5. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    No thats definatly ok...I don't know anything about being a stalker...Jon has better qualifications![face_laugh] :p j/k I'll fit myself into the mix somehow....but don't ruin the story...TOP SECRET MATERIAL!!!!![face_shhh] [face_shame_on_you]

6. Jon_Goodfellow

Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2006
    I'll take on any role you guys need me to. As for my character profile, I admit I've been slacking. I'll make one up during my lunch break tomorrow. :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

7. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm gonna start on micdavis next....fun fun!!![face_dancing]

8. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    after finishing the ladies, I need to do a new Railiana then back to you (maco_star), me, and the rest.

9. Rishadq

Rishadq Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Maco, thanks for the offer to immortalize me in anime form! That would be supah awesome! :). Here goes with my 'specs':

My character would be a bounty hunter, a jack-of-all-trades, a soldier-of-fortune, force neutral, an amoral character (neither good nor bad, or both -- depending on the circumstances). He would bear a close resemblance to Boba Fett, but not necessarily a copy (maybe a clone trooper who found his 'independence'?). His past would be a little murky, and he may or may not be related to the Fetts. Like Boba, he doesn't talk a lot, but when he talks you better listen! He follows a strong code of honor, but isn't afraid to waste you if you double-cross him. He has no jetpack, but he's got some other tricks up his sleeve (I'll leave that up to you). His name should have some variation of "Rishad" and definitely a "Q" in there somewhere (but also, leave that up to you as author/artist).

Here's some pix to consider, but I'll leave the final artistic direction in your more than capable hands! :cool:

[image=http://www.bobafett.com/multimedia/fanart/gallery/steelcore-01-01.jpg]

[image=http://static.flickr.com/48/151738398_7d6ef0afe9_m.jpg]

Thanks man! As payment in trade, I'll make you an SW model of your choice (just gimme some time to get my 'shop' in order).

Later!

- Q

10. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    More finished better scanned, still work on them and the others

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/RaiAvatar/Yvette.jpg]

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/RaiAvatar/Ammers.jpg]

[image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/RaiAvatar/Farfy.jpg]

11. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I am not all serious anymore! :D

:p

12. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    Paul those look 100% better with your scanner...looking good, man!!1[face_peace]

the magnificant MicDavis...just facial expressions for now...
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/micd001.jpg]

13. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
  14. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    great stuff the both of you! I can totally see the drawings now Paul. Good stuff!

15. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Wow Maco, you are the Star Mack Daddy of fan art -- me likey!!!

(Also saw your post on the Cantina thread about my upcoming character -- cool deal!!! :)

- Q

16. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Awesome job. :D

17. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    micdavis...
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/micdavisconcept.jpg]

18. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
  19. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Noice, noice! =D= ...

So, tech question -- what kind of toolz you use to create those? Is it Painter / Illustrator / Flash with a drawing tablet? Just curious. It's excellent work, whatever you use to do it!

20. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    I have a regular sketch pad that I have dedicated to this comic. I sketch with pencil then ink the picture. Next I scan it to my pc. I then open the picture in Adobe Illustrator cs2. From there I can play with it, clean up lines, add fx, color...ect. I thank you for your praise...it means alot. Also I wanted to ask you, your charcter...helmet and armour or no helmet but armour.

21. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Ooo, ooo, ooo ... me next, me next!! :D

For my character, I think no helmet / no jetpack would be kewl (other tricks up his sleeve though), but some semblance of "Fettness" would be interesting. Maybe just the armor with some killa mods? How about dreadz for a Predator-like look? (but no fishnet body stocking please! [face_praying] )

Thanks again!

- Q

22. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    so ur sayin you'd prefer your character to not resemble yourself? I can definately do that... I've sketched out some renderings of your character and was going to ink him tonight, but I'll wait and show you tomorrow. That way we can make changes without taking up too much production time. He looks cool...but he is your character so you have the final say.

23. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    Hmmm, hadn't thought about that :) Well, seeing as everybody else's characters kind of resemble them, I'll go along with that concept -- ink away, my man! I can't wait to see it! [face_dancing]

24. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    Rishad's facial expressions...
    [image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mikyl_sandoval_6/rashidQface.jpg]
    see you later today[face_peace]

25. Rishadq

Jun 19, 2006
    OMG!!!!! =D= That is sweeeeeeet! Wow, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy ... :)

I can't believe you captured me so well based on just one pic (and a few face-to-face meetings of course). Just one small request and then I'll leave you alone -- how about a scar? I've always wanted one, and chix diggit, so I hear :cool: -- like across the cheek or above one eye (I actually do have a small scar above my left eye from a childhood accident).

Hope that's not too much trouble. Much respect and props for your mad skillz :D See you this evening!

- Scarface Q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.