main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Open Letter to Staff

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Wow! What a wonderful pleasure to back posting on the boards. First I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere apology to the staff of DFW FF. I know I literally disappeared on you all, but I'm sure as most of staff already knows I've been working between 60 and 80 hours per week. It's a very good reason, but poor excuse. Anyway I'm sorry about that. I guess you could say it was a bit of a strain working so many hours. Not only healthwise but in my personal life. I considered it a good week if I could take my wife out to eat ONCE during the week, there weren't many of those. Those who may remember us before the Dark Times know we ate out 4 or 5 times a week. Up until X-Men 2 we had not set foot in a theater in MONTHS! Since Celebration 2/The Ep2 Line Up, I've not had any down time. No sick days, no Labor day, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years no nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely grateful to have my job, but sheesh.
    Finally a couple of weeks ago Karin and I were able to take a week off and drive to Virginia. I was able to decompress, and relax a bit. I've come to the conclusion that time spent with famly and friends is infinitely more enjoyable than A/P, billing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint Presentations, staff meetings, hiring and firing folks. So I will be making more of an effort to doing the things I enjoyed and I hope that includes stuff with this group (except for Branson). By the way I'm at work as I write this, but I'm not really working ;) . I hope to see you all soon.

2. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    speaking for the staff, all we can say is: outstanding.

we've missed BOTH of you.

3. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Welcome back, old friend. I concur with the above post. And believe me, I am feeling your pain.

4. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    make that thirds to you tim. we're all glad to see you both back. and hopefully things will stay more balanced for you in the future.

now, go visit the new forum that we reside upon.

http://dfwfanforce.net/forum/

5. DarthSidious87

DarthSidious87 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    I haven't met you before but I'm sure that all of us here in the Dallas SW forum, we are glad to have you back. It seems like you are a very busy man since it seems like you don't do much around the house but just be at work [face_shocked]

Try to get a day off ;)

6. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Do what you need to, Tim. Be glad your not in the unemployment boat like most of us. See you soon.

:cool:

7. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Welcome back, ya jerk. ;)

8. DarthRain

DarthRain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    Good to have you back Timinator !!

I can relate to the Godawful hours myself.
    Termite season is finally slowing down and I'm actually starting to recognize my family again.

9. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Heya!

"Goodmorning! Nice of you to drop by!"

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.