main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Other Sci-Fi??

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, I think it's obvious that everyone here loves Star Wars, but what about other Sci-Fi shows/movies/misc? I grew up with Star Trek TNG and have loved ST ever since, well, except Voyager after the 'boob borg' showed up. I love Bablyon 5. Unfortunatly I missed the entire series before I was able to catch it on re-runs on the Sci-Fi Channel. Sliders is another fave of mine. It must be the whole Quantum Mechanics thing ;) And Farscape, holy cow, greatest show of all time! I love this show with a passion, enough to have 'obtained' every episode so far (party because SFC refuses to show re-runs :mad: ) But I do have the first two seasons on DVD, so if anyone wants to get together for a Farscape marathon just tell me when and where!

As far as books go, I have read every SW novel and a few Trek novels. Every Farscape novel (considering there are only three :p ) and I just finished the Ender sage. Ender's Game has to be the greatest Sci-Fi book ever written and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I loved it so much when I finished reading it I just walked into Barnes and Noble and bought the rest of the seven book series and read them all in a month and a half. Thank Yoda for Christmas break :) I also highly enjoy the Harry Potter series, and no I am not 12 :p

So while my Sci-Fi base isn't too broad, it is nice and rounded. It was further rounded last year when I took 'Modern Literature in Science Fiction'. Anyone going to Riddle, I highly suggest you take this class when it's offered again. Dr. Schlieper is great and the class is so awesome.

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I didn't even know they offered such a class! I'll definitely check it out.

As I mentioned before, I am for the most part only a Star Wars fan. I haven't had any exposure to anything else. I really don't have time for too much more. Although one day I'll check out the rest of the stuff, for now I'm content in my own little universe.

3. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey Q, were you wearing a SW shirt today? And had some kind of advertisement on your backpack?
    I saw a guy when I was leaving lunch around 2pm fitting this description....

If you ever see a girl with just-above-the-shoulder length blonde hair and wearing an ERAU polo shirt (a blue or black one), shorts, and work shoes, that's me.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yup, that was me :D It was an ad of my own creation to spread the word about savefarscape.com Do you work in the UC? I'm jsut assuming from the polo shirt and the lunch time. I was probably walking from B-building to the ROTC DET to get my truck. I'll keep an eye out ;)

5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    ha ha ha! We looked right at each other and kept on walking. LOL!

I work in the fleet maintenance hangar but usually eat lunch at the cafeteria sometime betwen 12 and 1:30. My uniform is a black or blue ERAU polo shirt, blue work shorts and usually black boots or shoes. I have a tatoo of the WTC on my left ankle. If it's cold I have a blue ERAU jacket.

Keep your eyes peeled! What's your real name, by the way? I'd feel kinda dumb yelling out your screen name.

PS- My real name is Karen, but if you yell out "Karma" I'll look anyway.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    LOL, I was planning on just wondering around that area yelling 'Karma!' My real name is Markus :p I should be walking through there today around 1300 because I have to go up to SGA and gte a video that I did for the ERFSEDS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.