main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Ottawa!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mokitty, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I'm not sure how many of us all there are in the Ottawa area, but if there are enough of us, lets get ourselves listed (ie, get our own local forum)!!

I would love to have a local place of our own to discuss and maybe plan some SW events of our own, and maybe make some new local friends too.

So, if you live in the Ottawa area and would like to see this happen too please post a reply!!

2. Morrowind

Morrowind Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    you only need 3 people to start a chapter :)

3. OttawaSith

OttawaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2001
    count me in.....

4. Skaila

Skaila Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Count me in as well!!!

Let me tell you, my friend and I organized Fan Day (celebrating one month release) in Ottawa for TPM, and well, it was quite the failure.

But, this time, maybe we can all pitch in and help organize a new one. That's if, there still is a Fan Day.

I think it will have a bigger success, knowing where we can get in touch with all the rest of the fans.

We did a trivia contest and give out prizes. Although, the cinema itself lacked of spectators and closed down o___O. It was the Somerset Theater, for all you curious folk.

But, this time, we can still do the trivia but also have costume contests.

Anyways, just throwing in some ideas!

5. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Sounds cool. It would be great to see a little enthusiasm in the Ottawa area, cause up to a couple of weeks ago the Ottawa threads here were quite silent.

Beam me up Scotty.

6. Mokitty

May 8, 2002
    Alrighty then!

Well organizing some kind of event would be cool...
    Before anything could happen we'd need to figure out what/where/when to do.

Anyone have any suggestions??
    I can think of a few dozen but since I'm still a newbie to the forums I'll leave it open to you guys for now. ^_~

7. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    I would try to attend...just to put the rumours to rest that I'm no 12-13 year old punk.

8. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    I'm not so sure. Did you look in the mirror lately. And, you know we both act that way.

9. KillaBite

KillaBite Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    Hi all, my first post on this board. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone else in this great city of Ottawa. I'm all for joining up to a fan force chapter so let me know what becomes of it. Also look for me to post more in this forum. BTW I run my own SW related site, http://joc.0ttawa.ca, which is the Jedi Order of Canada (A Jedi Knight 2 clan). Hey any JK2 players in canada, drop me a line if you want to join (and you're good enough).

Cheers,
    KB

10. BrownCow1138

BrownCow1138 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes! A Fanforce Ottawa chapter would be awesome...

Hey OttawaSith, I notice that you work at convergys. Do you know my friends Chris Chan or Justin Reynen by any chance?

ok, back on topic: I think it would be really cool to get some sort of Ottawa event (even if it is kind of small). But we should try to get our own board for sure... what do we need to do?

11. OttawaSith

Mar 30, 2001
    I might know them......will check on Monday...

12. Mokitty

May 8, 2002
    Just to let everyone know whats going on...
    I sent a message to YoungJediNiagara asking for some advice/ideas etc... Since he runs the show down there I figured he'd have some good ideas about where to start, what to do, etc.

In order to become a recognized chapter we have to first hold at least three events and have them advertised on tfn in advance.

If anyone else has any ideas at all for events/meetings/whatever please post!

13. BrownCow1138

Jan 19, 2002
    Why don't we go to AOTC next week (I'm sure we'll all want to see it more than once anyways) and then have a BBQ or go out to dinner or something afterwards where we can chat?

14. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    How would you guys like your own board?

15. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    That would be great, cause most of the activity on Ontario General is from Ottawa. This is very encouraging since for the longest time, this board was silent for days at a time. Guess that's cause we're almost there, yeeaaaaah!!

Thank you Master. (bowing)

16. Mokitty

May 8, 2002
    That would absolutely rule!!

Yay us!
    You rule YJN!

17. BrownCow1138

Jan 19, 2002
    YJN: yes, an Ottawa board would be NICE!

18. OttawaSith

Mar 30, 2001
    OTTAWA Board would be a great Idea!!!!!!!

19. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.