main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Our first Meeting of 2010 - February

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    12pm

Mike + Sheila
    Jennifer

Either time works for me but 12pm would be preferably.

2. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    I don't care either way. However just to throw it out there, 12pm on a saturday we are going to be fighting with the lunch crowd. 1pm we won't have as much people.

3. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    We will come. We'll just be a little late. So 1 is better for us.

4. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    1 is good for me.

5. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Im not going to be able to attend but I'd like to be there in spirit by adding a few items to the meeting agenda if I can. The first one is to see if the IEFF can begin collecting egg cartons between now and April for a tie-fighter craft we would like to have at the library Star Wars day (I believe our fearless leader picked up a sample of the craft from Adam last week to bring to the meeting).
    My other item is that I am going to try and attend the comic con on Sunday that Chris from 4 Color Fantasy is putting on over at the Rosebowl in Pasadena. He would like to IEFF to participate in a future one. If I can break free from my "fascinating" and "gripping" library homework for few hours on Sunday I will fly in solo for a couple hours and report back.
    Sorry I won't be there with you all but I will be anxiously buzzing around this thread all weekend long to keep up-to-date as best I can.

6. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Okay then, it looks like the meeting will be 1pm at Mimi's Cafe in Victorville.

I picked up the stuff on Friday to show at the meeting. Kinda cool Allen. I'm gonna call you Monday and ask you some stuff for the meetimg in regards to what I picked up.:)

Also, good job on the Rose bowl with Chris. The last one was during our Christmas party and this next one is on Valentines day. I told Chris I wanted to go to this with him to check it out and see what role we would have being there. I told him I'd like to go on the next one after this one. That said, you can be our eyes for the event. We'll want a complete report with details details details!:D

7. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Woo Hoo! Sounds like good stuff!
    Can't wait to see everybody!
    I have a few egg cartons I can bring.

8. pilot_darklight

Nov 14, 2006
    which kind of cartons, the cardboardy kind or the styrofoamy kind?

9. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    All egg cartons are welcome regardless of size or whether they are cardboard or foam. I think once Mike shows the sample it'll all be clear. Thanks gang for the help!
    PS-I may need some extra hands to help cut the cartons into shape as the event draws nearer if anyone is interested and/or willing;)

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Chris and I will be there at 1:00 and I'll have a bag of egg cartons. Wait... do we bring them now or saving them for another time????

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I'll be there. Don't know for how long, but I'll be there. :) I think I had a whole stack of egg cartons laying around here somewhere....*looks around*

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

Bring what you've got and keep saving them for the event in May. We'll collect monthly until the event. We could do a last collection at FCBD at the beginning of May.:)

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If we need a lot of them, I can ask my teachers and students to save them, too. Let me know.

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    That would be awesome! Thanks a million on that. Matter of fact,if everyone could ask a friend or neighbor for theirs as well, that would be great! See you all Saturday!:)

15. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Thanks gang!
    If we could keep the cartons coming in at a steady pace that'd be nice. This way we could we have more time to keep up with cutting them up properly for the craft. I will try to find someone more technically proficient than myself (i.e. Adam) to try and post a sample of the tie-fighter craft on the RC Library star Wars thread. Thanks again for the ralling around the egg cartons...you are all most
    egg-cellent!

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My teachers are amazing! I've already got a dozen cartons and more on the way. I'll bring what I've got on Saturday.

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I will be at the meeting!

thanks
    Emily

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
  19. pilot_darklight

Nov 14, 2006
    I have a morning meeting at work I have to attend but other than that I am free to attend. YAY!

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
  21. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Whoops! Looks like I spoke too soon- got called in the work the whole weekend. Won't be there after all. :)

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry you won't be there, but I'm glad you're working! That's always a good thing!

23. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    The craft we're doing is a much simplified version of the one shown in the link above.

24. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Looking forward to seeing all of you there at Mimi's at 1pm. Please be there on time as they won't sit us unless the majority of us are there to be seated.

As far as the craft thingy is concerned, it's close to what you posted Kari:D

25. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    It was great to see everyone again!!!
    Can't wait for all the great stuff we're gonna do!
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.