main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Outer Rim General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I'm a pretty huge Superman movie fan, and have the first two on DVD and all that. I've seen Superman Returns three times now, and loved it every single time.

I also went to the midnight showing of Pirates of the Caribbean tonight. It was excellent. :)

2. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I also went to the midnight showing of Pirates tonight (with Andrea naturally:D). I loved it! Thought it was great, no better than great, awesome! It blew all of my expectations out of the water, and I have to see it again! Best movie of the summer for me! I won't say anything cause I don't want to spoil it, but it was spectacular!

Angie convinced me to see Superman, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Brandon is a great Superman, very handsome, and channels Christopher Reeves, especially when he's Clark Kent!

"Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me!" I love Captain Jack Sparrow!![face_love]

3. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I also went to the midnight show. I took my son. We really liked it. I won't say any more until more have seen it. Then I will.
    I'm glad my son went to buy the tickets early in the afternoon, as it was sold out by show time.

4. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Tomorrow we will be going to see it at 9:50. Got the tickets this evening just incase. Plus this was the earliest time as I gotta be back home in time for the soccer game (Portugal vs. Germany)!

5. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Nicole went and saw Pirates on Friday but I had to work. Hopefully I will make it to the theater soon. She didn't seem to like the new one as much as the first though. I didn't ask why though for obvious reasons.

6. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    This movie totally rocked! I still can't decide which one I like better. Although now I'm all the more anxious for Pirates 3 next year.

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay so I finally went and it was a good movie. I think the first one was better though.

8. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Yeah, the first one was definately better.

9. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I think so too, but it was interesting and had a few twists. I am looking forward to the next one.

10. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Just in case somebody didn't see it on TFN, G4 is having the epic debate on Attack of the Show tonight. They will be argueing Star Wars vs Star Trek. I know I will be watching.

11. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well the Star Wars segment was amusing. In the end we won with the simple fact that Star Wars has branched out into comic books. During an online poll they took, people voted that a star destroyed would defeat the enterprise in a fight by an overwealming margin.

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
  13. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Star Wars 2 hour spectacular on HSN 4 Sep at 8 pm EST. I think I will tune in just to see what niffty items they are selling.

14. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    are you sure you can resist the urge to buy some of the stuff? :p

15. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    It will be on Charter Cable channel 3 at 6pm. I'll check it out.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    It sucks I wont get it. On base channel 3 is the commanders access channel.

17. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    This topic has been pretty quiet lately. So, I thought I would ask what everyone has been up to lately?

I have been busy with work mostly.

Let us know what you have been doing.

18. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    School's been keeping things crazy. That, and more specifically, Model UN. Oh, and sleep. I can't seem to get enough of it lately!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've really only been getting on the boards to read my PMs... but I'm around.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Yeah, I know how you feel. School has been so crazy lately and things just aren't letting up any time soon. Can't I have a weekend of simple 'me' time? I've been hounded with so much homework up to my eyeballs.

I really hope I'm free by the time the next meeting rolls around.

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Anyone watched the "Fanboys" trailer yet? Man it is sweet! This movie is going to be so hilarious and a definate must for us Star Wars fans!!!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=642&Itemid=99

21. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello Everyone,
    That movie looks totally great! I can't wait to see it.

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I had to make a quick trip to Australia. I was gone for almost three weeks. I returned back home last night.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Take care

22. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Hello Everyone,
    I just found out that there is a new Fan Force in El Paso. I posted a message on their board saying hello and letting them know we are around here. I hope to hear back from them. I would have thought that they would have contacted us before starting a new FF. Oh well, I will wait and see.

Take Care

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving!

A Fan Force in EP?! That's great! I'll have to check it out sometime. Don't worry, my loyalties still lie with the Outer Rim!!!

Everett, where can I find their board?

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Go to the top of this page and look for New Boards

25. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Hi everyone! I apologize to for my absence from the boards. Life has gotten a little crazy for me lately. School has sort of piled up on me and family stuff! Hopefully I'll be a bit more active on these boards over winter break! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It's cool to hear you went on a trip Everett.

I haven't seen the trailer for fanboys. I plan on going to see "The Nativity Story" and "Eragon" this month as I haven't been to the movies since POTC DMC came out. Crazy, I know!