main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I think it is just a dearth of younger actors that can portray the way we see Hokan. It's funny, I was watching The Avengers with my son yesterday and thought of Samuel L Jackson to play Hokan. Of course he is also somewhat long in the tooth, though not as much as some other nominees. Plus casting him would cause a rip a hole in the time space continuum because he already played Mace Windu. Again, even though Hokan is able to take on clone troopers he seems to be written as someone older I think, and I am not sure that was KT's intention.

[​IMG]

2. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Apparently. I was just especially confused by the use of a of 'young'-Jack Nicholson photo, which is why I decided to clarify the age issue.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    And the voting for Ghez Hokan begins!

I will throw my support behind Robert Knepper, with an honorable mention for Stephen Lang who I think is awesome. I actually kinda went back and forth on this but in the end I'll stick with my nominee. :)

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Su'cuy Vode.

Stephen Lang.

And what is this Rumor i hear of MATTHEW STOVER POTENTIALLY WRITING IMPERIAL COMMANDO 2!?

Robimus likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I too have heard this rumor. Some people have asked on the SW Book FB page if the rumor is true, but they have not responded at all. Considering they usually respond when something is false, I take this silence as a potential sign in the affirmative.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    If so, holy osik that would be awesome.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I got to agree with Darth_Zandalor and go with Stephen Lang, who was great in both Avatar and Terra Nova, similar roles that make him an excellent choice.

9. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    he was also in The Men Who Stare At Goats. He's got that nice mix of being intimidating and simultaneously a little unhinged that I think works best for Hokan.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Man, I haven't seen Men Who Stare at Goats in ages. Great movie, that. Forgot Lang was in it. It did have a pretty big supporting cast. And SW references ahoy!

Lang was also good in Public Enemies. I think I'll throw my support toward him as well.

11. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Damn he was good in Public Enemies. Downright ruthless, while having the morals that Bale's Purvis didn't have.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  12. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I am going to have to vote for Robert Kneper. I've had Stephen Lang in mind as another character for a long time now, just waiting for my chance to nominate him in that roll, so I really how he doesn't take Hokan! :p

Robimus likes this.
  13. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    if he does win however, will you let us know who you had in mind?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Considering I loved Stover's Fenn Shysa, I would be very much on-board for him writing IC 2, if that were to happen.

Robimus likes this.
  15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    While I do enjoy KT's Mandalorians, my heart will always be with the KOTOR 2 Mandalorians. They are so central to the plot, and yet we see them from all sides of the spectrum.

The Republic viewed them as ruthless savages, committing genocide and razing whole worlds
    The Mandalorians viewed themselves as glorious warriors, expanding their culture and looking for the strongest opponents
    The Jedi viewed them with caution
    The Sith viewed them as a tool
    Mira saw them as a family

I just love how at once, you can see the diametric opposites both being portrayed in equally valid light. Mira was enslaved by the Mandalorians, and yet they gave her a purpose, and a family. You can see the horror of the atrocities they committed and still see them as the noble warriors. Even as a slave, if you fought, you were respected, and even brought into the collective family. They gave you purpose, and home in return for your services.

And the fact that the Republic is saved from devastation by Clan Ordo shows that they are still honorable men. They weren't going to be pushed around by the Sith, tricked or bribed into fighting other people's wars. They were independent. They were rebuilding, and they were free.

So of course, Bioware had Ordo's Mandalorians crushed and turned into the Sith's pawns again for The Old Republic. Goddammit.

Robimus likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I know he won't win for Hokan, but I am going to stick with Hackman.

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky and Robimus like this.
  17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Well this is interesting news. I'd very much be for this. I seem to recall him mentioning on this forum that he enjoyed Karen's books as well so that might be a perfect fit.

18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Really hope the rumour is true!

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So at a glance we are three votes for Lang(Zand, Todd & Zetal), three votes for Knepper(Ducky, Mia, Myself) and one vote for Hackman(Bardan).

We need a tie breaker!

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Clearly the votes for Lang and Knepper cancel each other out and thus Hackman wins. :p

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love to break this tie, but, sadly, I can't break a tie I contributed to.

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I suppose if no one else comes in to vote in the next day or so I could change my vote. Or would that be against the rules Robimus?

[​IMG]

24. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    If I can put my oar in the water by voting for Lang... Knepper looks a bit too clean-cut for a hard-bitten merc (just on the publicity stills) to my mind!

Robimus and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Nah, we still have my magic coin :p

Commander_Ducky and Bardan_Jusik like this.