main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Padawan Capers (for the Funny Quote Challenge) Part 2 posted 1/6/11 (Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen) COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obimom, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Title: Padawan Capers
    Author(s): Obimom
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen, Yoda, Qui-Gon, and others
    Genre: Hopefully humor, for the Humor Quote Challenge..(this is my first time writing in response to a challenge..please be gentle...[face_praying]
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi
    Summary: Obi-Wan faces some challenges when he accepts a rather dubious mission from Qui-Gon. [face_mischief]

Notes: This got too long, so I divided it into two parts. I will post the second part in a couple of days. This is my first attempt at a challenge, and my first attempt at humor..I hope I succeeded, but at least I had fun writing it.:D

Valairy Scot:@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- Six roses and a huge basket of Thank yous for taking the time to beta my story and helping me to make it a better story. [:D]

Humor quote: "If I'm the brains of this operation, we are in serious trouble."

Part 1

?Are you sure about this, Obi-Wan?? asked Garen. He and Siri had met him outside the training rooms after lightsaber drills where he had explained what he was going to do.

?Of course I am!? Obi-Wan responded lightly, ?Why do you ask??

?Because this is so strange!? Garen said as they walked together toward the lifts, ?And why ask us to help you with this??

?Master Qui-Gon told me I could get help from a couple friends if I want to.?

?But this seems so crazy!? Siri said. ?This doesn't seem like something a master would tell his padawan to do!?

?He told me it's a stealth exercise, a challenge because I reached Senior Padawan status,? Obi-Wan explained. They stopped walking as Siri turned to him, looking at him intently.

?So this is what happens when someone reaches Senior Padawan, their master can send them on insane challenges?? she asked, her previously concerned eyes giving way to the humor already twitching at her mouth.

Garen shook his head at her. ?When I made Senior Padawan status recently, my master didn't send me on a crazy mission like this,? he said.

Obi-Wan stopped and looked up at his slightly taller friend for a moment, thinking about what he had said. Finally his eyebrows rose along with his shoulders as he said, ?I don't know, Garen, every master is different I guess. I just know my Master asked me to do this challenge, and I'm going to do it.?

His firmly set jaw and determined spark in his eyes told them there was no sense arguing with him any longer.

?Ok, Obi-Wan, but why Master Yoda?? Siri wondered as they began walking toward the lifts again. ?How are we going to sneak into his quarters while he's sleeping? Nothing gets by him!?

?Master Qui-Gon said if I can do this without waking him and being caught, then I can get by anything. And he promised me a reward if I succeed!?

He looked at his friends eagerly, a rare excitement shining in his eyes. Obi-Wan was not normally one to do things for rewards, but his master seemed to think this reward was pretty special, and it had Obi-Wan anticipating what it might be.

?But his gimer stick!? Siri pressed him, still trying to understand. ?Why take his gimer stick? Isn't that kind of mean?? The three padawans had reached the lifts and Obi-Wan entered the code for Yoda's floor.

?All Master Qui-Gon said was if I can bring back his gimer stick, proving that I'm successful, I will get a reward and Master Yoda's gimer stick will be immediately returned to him. It's easy!?

?It's easy, he says.? Garen scoffed, running his fingers through his hair. ?So Genius, do you have a plan on how we're going to get into his apartment? Did your Master tell you how to do it??

?Now what would be the fun in that?? Obi-Wan said with a grin, ?No, he told me I have to figure it out myself, and I have it all worked out.?

?Oh brother! If you're the brains of this operation, we are in serious trouble!? Garen groaned.

?Thanks a lot, buddy, your confidence is really touching!? Obi-Wan lightly patted his friend's

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

No..no..I'm not losing it.? Obi-Wan looked at her with a strange gleam in his eyes. ?I've already lost it.?

He leaped head first into the trash bin as Siri and Garen grabbed his feet just in time. ?Obi-Wan, what are you doing?? Siri gasped.

?I'm going to get the gimer stick!? he said matter of factly, as though he were planning a walk in the garden.

?You can't, Kenobi, it's too far down!?

?Well, just let go of my feet, let me slide down and meet me in the trash room in the lower level. I'll find the stick!? Obi-Wan said in a tinny, hollow voice. This seemed perfectly logical to him.

?That's insane!? Siri was now near panic. ?You can't!?

?No!? Garen said firmly, agreeing with Siri, ?It's too dangerous. You'll get yourself hurt and wind up in the healers ward again.?

?Yeah, like that hasn't happened a million times,? the muffled, tinny voice called back to them.

?Just let me go, I'll be fine!?

Suddenly Siri and Garen, whose heads had been half into the trash bin around Obi-Wan's leg as they had tried to reason with him, heard a ?Harumph? behind them. They froze for a moment, then lifted their heads and looked at each other in surprise as they heard the soft tapping on the floor. Keeping hold of Obi-Wan's feet, they slowly turned and gasped when they saw Yoda standing there, solemnly gazing at them with wide, unblinking eyes.

?Looking for this you are, hmmm?? he asked, and waved the gimer stick at them.

Obi-Wan, down in the dumps - almost! [face_laugh] I love the visual.

3. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ha-Ha..funny, Val. How long have you been waiting to post that? [face_laugh]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_laugh]great story and I will be following this too=D= PM please:)

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This is SO funny. [face_laugh]

Loved Yoda's dream and I'm asking myself if he was really asleep.

=D=

6. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy_Scot Thanks again, Val, for your insightful comments! :D

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks, Earlybird..I will be happy to PM you. :)

HazelWas Yoda really asleep? Hmmm- thats a good question..[face_whistling] Thanks for your comments.

Part 2 coming right up. I'm glad you have found it funny so far..I was worried...

Part 2

?Oh?M....Master Yoda? Siri stammered, ?We didn't see you!?

?Know this, I do!? Yoda answered them. ?Always in the force, be attuned, then sneak up on you, no one can!?

?Yes, Master Yoda,? both of them said. Obi-Wan's feet slipped a little out of their hands and he shifted a little. Garen frantically grasped his legs more tightly, and Siri grabbed his boots. They found it nearly impossible to retain their composure before the little Jedi Master in such a position, but they made an effort. Both turned toward Yoda, bowing their heads respectfully and tried to look relaxed and casual with their arms wrapped around their friend's legs as though it was an everyday occurrence, just another evening in the Temple.

Yoda looked at them with his wizened old eyes, his ears twitching like antenna, attuned to the waves of the force and glanced at the booted feet the two Padawans held desperately onto. He nodded slightly.

?Hmmph, pull young Kenobi out, you will. Then follow me, you will,? he said, beginning to walk back down the hall.

?What's going on out there?? a hollow voice called out. ?The sound is kind of muffled in here! Are you talking to someone? ?

Siri called down ?Hush!? then she and Garen set about tugging on Obi-Wan, their efforts accompanied by Obi-Wan's ?ooomphs? and grunts and ?Ow! Wait, my sleeve is caught!? Finally he was standing in the hall, brushing dust and dirt off of his tunic and mussed hair. He stood facing his friends, unaware that anyone else was near.

?What's going on here?? he softly demanded. ?Why didn't you let me go down there? I could have found the stick!? Siri and Garen vigorously shook their heads at Obi-Wan, Siri making a ?be quiet? gesture with her hands.

Yoda had turned again when he heard the commotion.

?You should have let me go down there! I could have found Master Yoda's gimer stick! How are we going to get it back now??

The two rolled their eyes and stared pointedly at him as Obi-Wan suddenly stopped, understanding dawning on him.

?He's right behind me, isn't he??

Siri and Garen helplessly nodded yes. Obi-Wan slowly turned around, looked at Yoda who glared at him, his gimer stick in his hand. Obi-Wan's jaw dropped when he saw it.

?How did you get...!? he stopped suddenly, then straightened up and bowed stiffly. ?Good evening, Master Yoda.?

?Good evening, Padawan Kenobi. Follow me, you three will.? He turned and headed back to his apartment, the three padawans dejectedly following.

Obi-Wan glanced as his two companions. ?How does he have his?.ow!? as both of his friends sharply elbowed him. ?Hush!? Siri hissed.

They reached Yoda's apartment where he opened his door, which squeaked a little, and allowed the padawans to enter.

?Hmph, get this squeak fixed, I must,? Yoda murmured to himself.

The padawans stood in the center of Yoda's main room, waiting quietly. The ceiling was low, but they could stand in it. They looked at Yoda, and wondered why he didn't say anything. They nervously glanced at each other. Obi-Wan glanced at Yoda's bedroom door and shuddered slightly, remembering the moments he had spent here just a little while ago. He had hoped not to see the inside of Yoda's apartment again for a long, long time. He sighed as Siri inched a little closer to him in support.

Soon there was a soft knock on Yoda's door, and when Yoda said, ?Enter!? the door opened, and in walked Qui-Gon, Adi Gallia and Clee Rhara, Garen's master.

All three teens stood astonished; their jaws dropped.

?Close your mouths, you will, young ones!? Yoda said sternly.

Three jaws snapped shut. The masters faced their padawans, arms folded and impassive looks o

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]and wonderful lessons from master Yoda.

His stew:D and purple socks for Mace[face_laugh]=D=

A very enjoyable story. Thank you obimom.

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

* wipes tears from eyes *

That was immensely funny, my tummy hurts!

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    See, I told you it was funny! :D

Do we get to see an gimer-stick rescue scene? Obi hanging upside down, wiggling his fingers and incidentally his butt which gets Siri so fascinated she forgets to hold on and bam! disappearing Obi who eventually shows up, gimer stick in hand? Maybe saying how how without her he's been "down in the dumps"?

Yeah, I really wanted to use that line when I first beta'd this for you and now I have. Publicly. [face_laugh]

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    earlybird-Obiwan Thank you so much..and thanks for the story about the "Purple socks"..[face_laugh] That was funny.

Hazel You made my day!! [:D] Thank you so much!!

Valairy Scot Siri mesmerized by Obi's wiggling behind...and that whole scene....[face_laugh] Doggone!! Wish I'd thought of that!!

Yeah, your "down in the dumps" line, I thought so... I enjoyed that..:p

11. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    That was just too funny, Obimom! =D=

The two rolled their eyes and stared pointedly at him as Obi-Wan suddenly stopped, understanding dawning on him.

?He's right behind me, isn't he??

That line was just hysterical. Great job!

12. Burning_Endor

Burning_Endor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2008
    Now that was a good laugh! Plus the Siriwan extras were much appreciated. I get the feeling you should probably do some more teen Obi fics with Siri and Garen. Just saying. ;)

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    The1stJediPrincess Thank you!! I'm so glad you found it funny...I was really hoping it would be, it was my first attempt at humor.

Burning_Endor Thank you!! I did consider maybe trying again at the humor quote challenge, this first one was so much fun, but I wanted to make sure anyone else has a chance at it who wants to, and I wonder if a second attempt will be as good as the first one...[face_worried] but if I do, it will involve Obi, probably Siri, and we'll see who else..[face_whistling]

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    That was brilliant and so funny, thanks for writing such a great piece.=D=

15. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    This was hilarious! I loved the interaction between the three padawans, and the characterizations of Yoda and Mace were great.

Wonderful piece! =D=

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    BottledUpInside Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun writing it. Now if I can just get a good idea for my next humor quote piece.[face_thinking]

17. Siri-the-Vixen

Siri-the-Vixen Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2011
    Hey i read this story on ff.net and thought it was awesome and quite hilarious (spelling?)

if i was in Odi-wan's leather boots i would of commando crawled across the floor.

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed it on both forums...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.