main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Parade invite

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I was just PM'ed by Strawbary aboput an invite to a halloween parade in Liverpool.

We have had a lot of gfun with this little parade in the past. I think it would be good for us to go up and attend. Get some of the newbies to do a parade. this is a cut and paste of her pm.

Woohooo !! its that time of year again to freeze our fannies outside and march in a parade

The village of liverpool is having the Hallowen festival/parade again this year and believe it or not..... we were invited back!!!!

(yes I know dont fall out of your chairs) LOL

The event info is as follows:

When: Saturday Oct 28th
    Where: Village of liverpool
    why: because we like you. M O U S E....... (sorry bad joke)
    Time: 10 a.m. parade starts (parade line up is 9 a.m.)

We do not have a booth there this year. Due to the lack of members LOL
    But it would be nice to have us march as a group. We could do lunch afterwards if everyone wants

We have the option to decorate a vehicle , make a float or march as a group. So any thoughts or suggestions on this would be great!

The deadline for parade submissions is Oct 15th. I am praying we will have some responses by then so we can respond yay or nay to them.

It would be a nice excuse to get into costume again and to hang out and see each other. So what does everyone say?
    Come on... dust off the old jedi gear and come on down!

2. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I'm working on the "kinks" for the day (I have a MB competition in Phoenix, NY that day) but I'm hoping to make it up for this event. I'll dress in my Jedi garb with my new Jedi belt :). Once that project is done, I plan on starting on my Mando outfit. I'm not too far off from starting. Anyway, I'll get you updated once I find out how it will work out for that day.

3. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, correction, it has been approved, so I WILL be there. When and where do I need to be to start the parade, etc.? I can't wait to meet those of you in the Rochester and Syracuse FanForce while I'm there.

Bob Crissman

4. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will get more details from Strawbary then let everyone know.

5. mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    Man, I wish I had my costume done. I feel like so many events are going by, and my costume still sits, slowly being put together:(

6. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Do you need help with anything? We are meeting up this weekend to work on costumes.

KJ

7. mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    Thanks KJ:) I am getting close, but consumed my painting right now. I got a new bucket, and really trying to do a real great job on this one. Jetpack is still waiting for paint, got a small start on it. My knees are about half done, but I am still working up the courage to try and build the blocks for the knee darts. Mmmm....not to mention the fact, I am starting to upgrade everything before I even have a wearable costume[face_worried] Costume building is like a disease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.