main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Back in the day my dad wouldn't let us have a joystick! I did the xwing training with keys!!!

2. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Sheer madness!

3. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Doing the a-wings or b-wings was impossible tho.. (with keys):p

4. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I think the whole game is impossible without a joystick!

I can imagine you could get through some of the recon missions and some early combat stuff I guess but anything involving a few enemy fighters, shuttles to protect etc. I think would get pretty difficult without a joystick....the game is hard enough with one!

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Sorta want to play it now... oh well, some force unleashed tonight might help quell that urge

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I think I will be installing xwing as soon as the kids go to bed tonight

7. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    What edition do you have? The one I have for windows 95 had a minor graphics update over the original one and also runs on any version of windows it seems. I have it running on vista.

I still have nightmares of the error message I always used to get on the original 3.5" disk version whenever I tried to enable sound

"You do not have enough EMS Memory to support speech"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    That was always a challenge, balancing EMS and XMS memory... lol...

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    the collectors edition with the b-wing, y-wing expansions I think

I can't remember if I ever had it running with the voise overs though

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Quiet weekend around here....

I managed to find my Xwing disc and as a bonus I found my Jedi Academy disc, so hopefully I'll be able to join in the next time you guys are playing.

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    JA: Asked the JA question in the other thread...

lol.. Seems like Zero Punctuation ripped spore a new one: [Review] - PS Not for younger viewers (or older ones at work).. Coarse Language.

12. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I'm a few missions into the first tour of x-wing, they get quite tough pretty quickly, I forgot how hard the game can be.

Also played the first level or two on Force Unleashed, pretty cool fun though I have been sick most of the weekend and that has somewhat detracted from my enjoyment.

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I managed to re install x wing last night, seems my computer still had my old save game file hidden away somewhere as I'm up to about mission 7 or 9 in the first tour.

Have to save the Sullastan leader or something, I got toasted last night.

14. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I can't believe how out of practice I am...takes a while to re-learn all the keys for targeting stuff and everything let alone living through a fight of about 3 or 4 TIE's on one x-wing or even worse a y-wing!

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    The mission I'm doing is in a Y-wing, it's a piece of junk

16. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I'm up to about mission 10 or 11 of the first tour....I have just won the support of the Sullustans for the rebels.

Most of those missions are in Y-Wings.....you need the ion canons for them.

Now that I've spent some more time in the game I'm improving.....to be honest I don't mind the Y-Wing so much, sure it's slow and it steers like a brick but it has a tough hull and a good payload, I find that by putting laser energy into engines (as long as they have some charge left so I can still fire) it can still hold it's own against some TIE's.

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm having trouble with the game continually crashing, after I have disabled the Sullastan ship and am cleaning up the Interceptors and Bombers, I'll have another try today (I'm on holidays) and see how I go.

18. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    That's a pain about the crashing.....mine has been running fine but there are a few graphical glitches every now and then. I find if I change the view (i.e. look out the back of the ship) and then go back to the main view it fixes the problem.

I'm up to operation 4 of the second tour now.

I can't remember...was the b-wing a lot better then the Y-Wing? I don't recall it being a lot faster anyway.

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Had more weaponry, I don't remember the speed...

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    It crashed again on me last night. Just gives me the little box saying this program as experienced a problem and needs to close or something similar.

I'm also having a lot of trouble with what i would describe as lag. If i'm chasing a Tie for example, after a few twist and turns the game kinda slows and before I know it he has shot off and sometimes has made it round behind me.

Very frustrating

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Picked up Civ IV: Colonization the other day, just for something a little different. So far it has me hooked despite the hard difficulty level and a bug or two, but I gather that both of those issues will be fixed soon enough, so I'm gonna stick with it for a while.

I've also heard good things about Sins of a Solar Empire, so I might try that one eventually.

Ah PC gaming, how I missed you.

22. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *throws JA server out the window*
    Surprisingly I haven't missed it much at all. [face_thinking]

23. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    LOL!

/Watches JA server get run over by a truck!

24. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's gonna leave a scar :p

25. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't have much time for pc gaming these days. Too much time taken up in the real world. I mean world of warcraft. :p Yeah Susie & I are still playing that madly. Being a guild master's hard work but someone's gotta do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.