main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pearl Jam Rocked!

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I have returned from my Pearl Jam adventure and they rocked! They played for 3 hours at all the concerts with incredible setlists spanning their entire career. Now I have to wait till June before I get to see them again :( How has everybody been lately? What's going on in everybody's life? We've been really quiet lately and I just thought i'd try to get some conversation going on here.

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Pearl Jam is alright, but I've never been really impressed by them live.

3. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    This is getting ridiculous.. No posts any more! ... Terrible... So, Sean, you really enjoyed your concert, that's great to hear! I remember you were excited about it while we'd been waiting at the Friendly's before our 3rd (?) club meeting. What was your favorite song to hear live? And can you recall all of what they played?

4. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I would have to say the song that was the coolest live was "I am a Patriot". Here is the setlists from both shows....
    04/25/03 - Gund Arena: Cleveland, OH
    support act: Sparta
    soundcheck: Driven To Tears, Soldier Of Love
    set: Can't Keep, Corduroy, Grievance, Save You, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Elderly Woman, Love Boat Captain, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Present Tense, Jeremy, Lukin/Not For You, Thumbing My Way, Spin The Black Circle, Alive
    enc 1: You Are, Animal, Daughter/(WMA)/(People Have the Power), State Of Love And Trust, Black
    enc 2: I Am A Patriot, Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Sonic Reducer, Rockin' In The Free World

04/26/03 - Mellon Arena: Pittsburgh, PA
    support act: Sparta
    soundcheck: Footsteps, Once (x2), Gimme Some Truth
    set: Elderly Woman, Hail Hail, Save You, Corduroy, Insignificance, Cropduster, Daughter, Even Flow, Faithfull, Whipping, Immortality, Blood, Down, Love Boat Captain, Wishlist, Better Man, Go
    enc 1: Last Kiss, Breakerfall, Once, Alive, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Know Your Rights, Do The Evolution, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter

5. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm not terribly familiar with Pearl Jam, I only have the Vitology disk, and I think I listened to it once. I'm not sure if I even listened to it that many times. ;) Where are you seeing them in June?

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    In June I am seeing them in Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis and Detroit. :)

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Good lord, boy! O_O Where will you squeeze in time for life?! Sheez.... That's a few concerts, and do you do this every time they make tour stops around here?

8. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Yes I do this everytime they tour. I've seen them 33 times. Pearl Jam is a band that I never get tired of and has never let me down. Since I was 14 they have been putting out great music. Anytime I have ever been depressed or down their music has always pulled me up and been a source of comfort and inspiration. As far as when do I have time for life you ask...As far as I'm concerned life doesn't get any better than partying at a Pearl Jam concert and watching the Star Wars movies. :)

9. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Sean is the same way Iam but my favorite band is Kiss, im going to be seeing them at Riverbend 3rd row to the right in front of my idol Gene $immons<----thats why may name is Demonjedi. Keep on rocking the free world [face_clown]

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    You people scare me. I've only been to one real rock concert in my life. It was my first, and most likely, my LAST concert. Don't get me wrong.. X-Fest was a ball, it was cheap, decent music.. It was that whole knee incident that has ruined concerts for me. -_- I hope you guys really enjoy your... Obsessions... o_O

11. drkjedibgsu

drkjedibgsu Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2003
    Just joined--gotta say that right now I'm missing Dayton. Out here in the Boston area for a couple months and man, I really miss home!! Sean--I'm with you with Pearl Jam! I was at Lexington, Cleveland, and also Pittsburgh--all shows completely ROCKED! Got Fan Club tickets for the Cincy/Columbus shows in June all lined up. Did you pick up the bootlegs of the shows from the website? what about the DVD from the show earlier this year? I've got mine on order, expecting it any day now.
    -Kyle

12. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Welcome to the Dayton Fellowship Kyle! We are always happy to get a new member. I did get the Pittsburgh/Cleveland shows on CD already. I am waiting to buy the DVD at the next concert so that I don't have to pay the shipping. I have ten club tickets for those shows also so maybe you can meet up with me and my friends and wait with us in line to pick up the tickets when the ten club window opens. Good to have a new member, Great that he's a Pearl Jam fan also! :)

13. drkjedibgsu

May 28, 2003
    Thanks for the warm and fuzzy reception! are you planning on doing the whole tail-gating scene for these two shows, or just headed that way in time for fan club ticket window opening?

14. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm planning on tailgating with a grill, cooler and everything. :)

15. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    My Pearl Jam concert got cancelled because only the city of Cincinnati would be stupid enough to build a concert pavillion in a place that frequently floods! Thank God I am seeing them in several other cities that don't build their concert facility by a Freaking River! GRRRR! :(

16. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Aww.. Poor you! That has to suck, are you getting a refund?-- Hey, atleast they didn't cancel for riots, like some people. I can believe how violent people have become! <_< Righto, you still have like a zillion other Pearl Jam concerts to go to, so this isn't that devastating, is it?

17. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Yes I am getting to see them in 3 more cities but it is still a bummer to have one dropped off the list. They said to go to point of purchase to get a refund but for fan club members to wait until they decide what they are gonna do so I have to wait to see if they are gonna play a make up date or just refund my money.

18. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Yes, Cincy pretty much bites the big one! Kim and I went down there a few years ago for our anniversary and the entire experience was excruciating,(the city, not the anniversary!), we got so lost trying to find the art museum. Somehow we ended up in Kentucky! Then there was a huge accident and we were rerouted to get even more lost, I will never go back to Cincy unless I have to, although Bogarts is cool.

19. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Yes, that was our experience, Aaron! Mom, Lin, and I went to Cincy for a few days' vacation; it turned into another one of those vacations referred to in family legends. You know the sort. We were stuck in two multi-car pileups on the same stretch of highway on two different days. Not to mention the highway onramps never being labeled, and people not understanding the concept of "YIELD". -- But other than that........

Righto, that had nothing to do with Pearl Jam, but I felt it worth agreeing with Aaron.

20. drkjedibgsu

May 28, 2003
    I was also saddened to find out that the Cincy show was cancelled, but that kinda made the Columbus show that more special. For those of you complaining about the traffic in Cincy, you must have not of had the pleasure/exetreme pain of the Boston area. Traffic in Cincy is like a bright sun shiny day compared to the Bean Town area...argh!!

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Did you make it to the East Troy or Indianapolis shows also or just the Columbus one? Wasn't Footsteps awesome with the Harmonica!

22. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I must say that the Indy show was GREAT! It was my first Pearl Jam concert and I thoroughly enjoyed it:)

23. drkjedibgsu

May 28, 2003
    just made it back to columbus...i love PJ, but after seeing them three times during the spring leg, i thought that i'd stay real local for the summer portion. I love Footsteps!! it is my favorite song of all time! during the three shows that i caught this spring (Lex, Clev, Pitts) I heard Footsteps, Crazy Mary, and a few other of my favorite PJ songs!! the one that was really cool was the little ohio improve eddie did, and then the Stones mini cover of Start Me Up, that was great!! looking forward to seeing that CD in my mailbox any time soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.