main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Phoenix FanForce Icon

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kreleia, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Soon. I was still kinda waiting for Capn_Kickarse to post something, cuz he said he wanted to. So, unless I hear different, whenever he gets something up...

kreleia ^.^

2. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Kreleia, do they have to be 50x50 pixels? I see that yours is 50x60.

3. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    City Rep and Admin icons are the only ones at 50 x 60 - and that's to accommodate the words. All others are 50 x 50.

^.^

4. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I might not have time to devise a Fan Force icon for us.
    I might still make one for the heck of it when I get some time on my hands to do so, but otherwise I think we should go with some of the other great icons you?ve got. I don?t want to hold anything up, and keeping that in mind, I?d like to see us use one of Bria?s icons!

5. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I really like Subjugator's first icon, it's simple, straight to the point and it matches the banner.

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    [face_blush]Thanks, Tellesto. :)

There are too many choices for a poll, but perhaps ppl could say which they liked best (that way would also keep it just Phoenix ppl voting, as they're the ones who would use the icon). You could number them or put a letter of the alphabet next to them (that's what I did). If you'd like to see how MN did it, you can here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5816215&replies=41;)

~*~Bria

7. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
  8. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    subjugator, i really like your designs, but there is no star wars tie-in, it's just the city of phoenix emblem...
    (don't hate me! :( i'm just trying to supply an artists' constructive criticism...)

9. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    ahh...a vote of no confidence.
    As Luke glances around at the spooky swamp jungle that surrounds him, Artoo ejects a stream of muddy water from one of his cranial ports.

:cool:

10. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    don't get me wrong, i love your designs, i just think(and this is only my opinion...) that they should have some sort of star wars theme...

11. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    How about a saguaro holding a lightsabre?

-> IA

12. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Now that's funny :)

13. MasterAni-Kun

MasterAni-Kun Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey Guys, for all your Phoenix Fan Force icons as well as many others in actual .ico format or icon library format (.icl) check out my site at www.Ani-KunsCreations.50megs.com

All the icons you see on the JC Forum are there and more will soon be there.

E-mail me and let me know what you think.

PS. I used Microangelo 98 for the icon creations.

14. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    MasterAni-Kun, I'm a tad confused by your post. First, the Phoenix FanForce icon would not be used for our computers - it would be the symbol underneath our user-names here on the boards.

Second, A) not one of your icons is in the required .gif format. That's how JC icons are formatted, so that *everyone* can see them. B) Not one of your icons is Phoenix-related. They're all SW related, yes, but we're trying to create an icon that will easily be identified with the Phoenix, AZ Fan Force AND Star Wars.

Third, do you have any permission from the original creators of the JC icons to use those icons in your "SW Classic Trilogy" file? I didn't see a single one of them credited, and being a JC-icon-maker myself, I know the work and time that goes into those tiny 50x50 images - especially if you want them to be noticed from the thousands of unused icons.

Please tell me that you *do* have permission. The images may be Star Wars and copyrighted by LFL et al, but the icons are considered fanart and the intellectual property of those who created them. That, and it's just plain ol' common courtesy to ask permission first. Maybe you do have that permission, but you didn't mention it anywhere on your site - that's why I worry.

Thanks
    kreleia

15. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Okay, updated the possible icons page. I have to admit, I LOVE the krayt dragon icon Subjugator. [face_laugh] The only thing I'd do is add "Fan Force" underneath Phoenix.

sideshow, I got your new icon up too. It transferred into a .gif file very nicely. :)

And... unless anyone had anything else to add, I think we're just about ready to vote! Whad'ya say? :)

kreleia ^.^

16. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I like the sandcrawler one. [face_laugh]

-> IA

17. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    thats what i'm talkin about subjugator!!! now those two are cool! i think you should add "fan force" under the "phoenix" too...if you can fit it....

18. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
  19. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'va actually gotta go with Sideshow's icons, I like the one with the AZ colors in the Alliance emblem the best.

-Void Dancer

20. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    very cool Subjugator :) - I'll add 'em when I don't have a cranky baby in my arms...

21. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    here's my concept of a lightsaber-wielding-cactus...

[image=http://azlineup.com/sideshow/PHXLOGO3.bmp]

(once again it's a bitmap until kreleia can convert it for me) :D

22. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    It's Gumby!
    :D

you beat me to it.

23. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Shavit, where's my windex? Thanks to sideshow I now have to clean the beer off of my screen... :)

24. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    SideShow212,that's cool. :D

25. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oh, sideshow212!!! That is so cute!!! :)

Me likes it! :D

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.