main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So let´s one thing clear . . . no matter how much petitioners you get, my ending of Sots will stay my ending of SotS. :p Now stop sending those prank PMs, please! [face_laugh]

2. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    And we´re back, so to say . . . and expect something. What? I wouldn´t be me, if I gave you a hint, right? Just expect . . . something!

3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Even if it´s a Sins of the Saints shampoo or dogfood, I´ll buy it!

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    No, no, no. The rumor mill already is churning out pamplets for the Sins of the Sisters :p

5. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rumors? I thought that´´s semi-official already :p

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Afterwards will come Sins of the Bros which will be about fraternity members who got so drunk they destroyed the universe.

DarthXan318 likes this.
  7. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, with Fin and his habits of twists he got so drunk . . . he put it together again!

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    And then of course nobody remembers it but they do have a wicked hangover.

9. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So, now in all seriousness. Are we talking a new game here? If so what? Prequel? Sequel? Is Fin doing LordT´s abandoned game? Sidequel? I always thought you could take the whole ASotS and play it through another character´s eye over and over again, so . . .

10. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Nothing so far, but I seriously doubt it is a new game. Actually thought it is that epic interview you two did, but it doesn´t seem to be that, either . . .

11. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Betcha it's Fins watching us speculate until he sees an idea he likes. And then he'll go with that. :D

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Face it. Its three years old. Overdue for a reboot.

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Yeah! Maybe s a teen comedy?

DarthXan318 and Ramza like this.
  14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    "What's wrong, Cain?"

"The apocalypse has accidentally been triggered... AND THE PROM IS TOMORROW!"

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually I wondered if it wouldn´t be a good Star Wars game. Sins of the Sith. Hm? Nice ring to it? Naaah, negotiating something. Epect an interview here at some point. Sirak did it with me and I will post "closing words" in the two existing threads. And no, I am not planning another game . . . I am done GMing. My time schedule will probably not allow it for the next thirty years.

16. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    May I post something I do suspect?

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I hope so [face_praying]

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Give ityour best, most dirty shot, TSG. :D

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    We await that shot, eagerly [face_batting]

20. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    She is on holday right now in Amsterdam and probably couldn´t post if her life depended on it :p but I did not get anything out of her when I called her today . . . so I am waiting too!

21. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    There are still a few game dieas floating around. We had a few before we entered the final game . . . more companion pieces than true Sequels or Prequels. My The Sins of the Past is cancelled for now. I think the interest died down after the finale and you know what, maybe rightfully so . . . the finale took a lot away from what I had planned for my game. The monastery, the caves, the name of God . . . Sebastian and his problems with his daughter . . . so I think I missed the point in time to do it. And as the finale turned out so wonderful, I feel that might have been for the best. A game I do not missed having played is probably one I wasn´t supposed to play.

So, with Fin´s agreement I will probably tell about "Original Sins" (same title, different concept from our original idea), Sinners and Saints and Meeting Mr. Prest . . .

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, most of those were cancelled and I seriously doubt they are gonnae happen anyway, but hell, LordT go ahead. No need to keep them in a box and guard them as top-secret anymore.

BTW, while MonoGirly/TSG tries to get those pics scanned, why don´t you put up the interview Claire?

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Then TELL!

24. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, those ideas mostly came up when we prepared for our second run, some carried over to our ideas what to do n Tempbaords and in weak moments, I even considered what could serve as my take on this universe, when I realized how The Sins of the Past had become obsolete through our All the Sins of the Saints finale . . .

Original Sins

One of the most interesting things about SotS were the three. I loved Fin´s take on heavenly powers and how strange and different they were and we developed a lot of background for Carl Weber, Milton Prest and Tony. We especially dived into their various stages of development throughout the Millenia. Actually, you might say we barely scratched the surface of what we had on them and that was why we wondered about a game telling of their earlier days . . . Carl on Xerxes Persian Empire, Milton Prest in Victorian England, Tony . . . well, our initial thought was that we might do a retelling of the New Evangelion with him, shwoing how things happened from his POV, but we assumed that would get us lifelong ban on all Christian boards worldwide. :p three games interwoven by The Three but pretty much seperate . . . three historical prequels of SotS so to say.

Meeting Mr. Prest . . .

That one was actually pretty close to getting up. A "sneak peak" about Milton Prest in a bar, when a storm arrives. A lot of people find shelter there and what they do not know is, that they are part of a game orchestrated by him to make a point . . . a thriller, deeply character dependant and pretty dark. Limited setting, deadly and quite demanding. RPing for advanced so to say . . .

Sinners & Saints

I liked that one best, as it would probably turn more into a soap than a thriller. A prequel to SotS. Playing your character or somebody else, we would have shown you and how you lived before the Change. How did the world grow aware it happened? What were the reactions? A lot of potential was here. Laura and Robert, Thomas first kill, a case for Rufus, Sumiko and a day in the US, Andy and her dying father, Markus in MI-5 getting first reports of "events", Garret´s first case, a day at Corben´s, Sharon´s mission to those labs, and what did the THREE do before their existence was suddenly threatened? Had some character met them actually? The true origin of Caleb would have been a point and how Lilith ended up in Nepal. It would have been a lovely meet up with old friends . . . before they got entangled in this epic adventure. I doubt players would have joined, but it was one of those projects GMs dream about, you know? Fin and I we both loved the concept. The "prequel" posts in the tempboards arose from this idea, I believe.

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh I just saw this. Man, I´d love number one and number three. I will write more about it later on, but I would have joined those without half a thought of hesitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.