main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Pieces Of A Jigsaw ~ The SotS Discussion Group *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Knowing how busy you are, I would be hungry for an update, any update you guys can give us! Thank you!

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, we still talk and brainstorm when we got time but especially I am pretty busy. And I won´t do anything with the SotS brand on it and ruin it, because I feel so blessed I had such a stable crew and good run without DRL intervention, I don´t wanna ruin this by some half-assed attempt to revive it. There is a story to tell and characters I wanna meet again, but quality must be assured or I would soon regret it.

So let´s give us a few more weeks. My next project actually will be an edited PDF with the game and some additional material on which I have begun to work. About page 30 yet.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So . . . I got a simple question. What are the chances we see another entry . . . any entry and even if it is just a tiny small sidequel . . . to ASotS?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    To be honest it is unlikely but not impossible. Sidequel is the way to go though. I cannot imagine a prequel that works for me as major elements of the game were not present before "Kiel" happened ... I also don't feel like I have a lot more to tell about the main storyline ...

Also I think most hadcore-sinners are not active here anymore. I would probably lure some back, but without LordT for example ... this would not be the same for me. And LordT won't be brougt back easily.

Last but not least . . . my lifechanged, so I doubt this my story now . . . it was my main body of work as a GM back then ... if I ever found time and will to do my last game as I have announced time and again I would probably do something new . . .

So sadly my nswer is: Unlikely.

Sorry about it. I feel this game was really the best thing I ever experienced as a RPer, but let us notvruin it by any compromises out of nostalgia.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    A purist. Refreshing and wins my approval, as if such a thing caries more than a thistle ;)

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I see and understand. And you are right, it is the Good Old Times I wanna See back. But SotS might be over ... what comes next ... I will be there.

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    To me there is no going back . . . this was an incredible game because of many players doing the "character-writing" of thier lives, inventing and portraying real people in something close enough to the real world for us all to understand and appreciate. So . . . now we got maybe five of those 30+ writers left and that is why I told Fin I would not join any new game anymore. It would only be a rip off of the old one, casting players far away from our original feel and vibe.

Therefore . . . SotS had it's time and what a time it was. Now all that is left to us is hoping fin surprises us once more with this final game he is so long whispering about . . .

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Although I must admit I hope last is merely a metaphor for a couple year break ;)

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I have been send Fin's pdf file of the game yesterday for proof-reading and for all those Sinners who are still out there ... it is hell of a read! Just finished the first Nepal chapter and the sexual tension between Rufus and Lilith is creepy awesome.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sweet! :D . . .not the sexual tension, but that this is happening ;)

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I will try to speed up my read through. So Fin can deliver it to interested players by christmas :)

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Now that sounds like a nice Christmas present ;)

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wait, wait...did I read that right? Is the next installment coming?

I saw this thread upped and I got all excited! :D

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Only the PDF file coming ... no word on the prequel from Fin ... also I KNOW for a fact that he toys with the idea under the working-title "Original Sins" ... ;-)

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    What? More SotS? Really?

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Only you would know ;)

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I think it is well known I was in the various stages of planning for various SotS projects, simply because I am looking for a way to wave my RPing career goodbye and I feel (and most of my friends around here feel), this was the defining game for me as a GM . . . but if it happens it will be short, intense, few characters and only loosely related to the very contained and finished plotline of SotS which barely anybody kniows outside out past player circle . . . but not yet. Not yet. Maybe soon.

And only if LordT returns at some capacity. We are no longer roommates, so the least I wanna get out of this are our sunday morning "how do we twist it today" discussions . . .

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    You couldn't move back together! Anyway, ... I will be there ...

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    *sighs* Okay, after month of bugging me, I agreed to return as Co-GM for a very time-limited farewell ride ... wonder if we will find anybody to play with us? Think this is so long gone, people actually might have forgotten. Anyway. One player we got, I have been told. That is all you need.

So, I dust of my old dubious divine entity mindset and wait what Fin is brewing up.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Make that two! ;)

How is the pdf coming by the way?

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah I begged LordT back in.

PDF is fine, but I will wait for this last little game to pass, before I release.
    THE COMPLETE SINS OF THE SAINTS

... so to say.

So, I am at the drawing desk to design my final game and first in years. I won't spoil anything, except that it will be in a familiar style, but tells a completely different story ... that is nevertheless vital to the whole thing. And the THREE will be in it. Looking forward to see Milton, Antonius and Karl again!

Working title: A Sinner among Saints

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Know this was posted awhile ago, but I just came back, and I'm always down for some Sins of the Saints, in whatever way, shape, or form it comes in. :D

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, to be honest LordT and me discussed this game and we decided that too many of our old players left. Actually there are only three left on the board and even if all three joined . . . it kinda defeats the idea of a sequel to have nobody from the original audience around, does it? Also the old game has been ripped apart by board transition, so even if . . . and that is a big if . . . anybody wanted to read through it . . . it is not there anymore. Therefore we will leave this concluded game what it was, concluded. I guess that was something to be proud of, was it?

Anyway, PDF is almost done. Asked a friend to design a cover and then as my farewell gift . . . there will be SotS-EBook. That is something, right?Anybody who wants one, please send me an email where shall send it to into my inbox. I will send them out within a week or two.

So, I guess this is me resigning from roleplaying then. None of my late attempts lastet long, I have no time and actually no idea in me to GM myself and most people I played with are gone nowadays, anyway. My life as an RPer has run it's natural cause and all good things (and hell it was good!) must come to an end.

With this said . . . for whoever reads this thread from time to time . . . THANK YOU FOR THE UNFORGETTBLE RIDE I HAD HERE!

Best, very best . . .

- Fin -

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ladies and Gentleman,

salut to one of greatest GMs who has left this stage!

Thank you Fin for your incredible games!

Kisses
    yours
    Claire

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I met a traveller from an antique land
    Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away."[

Fin will get it, it is kind of an inside joke ...

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.