main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Pink Floyd Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Count_D00ku, Jan 12, 2005.

1. FareLenore

FareLenore Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 30, 2003
    They aren't cheap tix, either. I "splurged" and bought the 103 dollar seats, but the guy next to us had a friend down on the arena floor who paid 250 bucks for his seat!

I hope, Pete, that you don't toke up a doobie like the sad mid-40's group of people behind me did. It ruined my concert-going experience. :rolleyes:

2. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Much as I like a bit of green from time to time, I plan to be compos mentis for the concert so, no, I won't be lighting a doobie. I'll definitely be in a sad group of people in their mid 30s though :)

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL.

4. GreyJedi23

GreyJedi23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2010
  5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Did you seriously expect people at a Roger Waters show to not smoke? It's terribly sad that the actions of complete strangers ruined your night... you sound high maintenance.

6. FareLenore

FareLenore Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 30, 2003
    Hmm, so it's high maintenance to expect people to obey a no smoking in public places law? Good to know. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

JP, I guess that part is laughable. I meant it sounded like the ALBUM/RECORD. Funny that I just go to the standby "c.d.", since I'm a child of the 70's. 8-}

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    That wasn't what I was laughing at, to be honest.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :confused: [face_plain]

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Anyone checked out Metallic Spheres by The Orb featuring David Gilmour?

My favourite group of all time teamed with one of the men behind my favourite rock group of all time should blow my mind... but it doesn't quite. It still sounds pretty good though, in a mellow sort of way. I'm thinking of getting the CD version for my dad's birthday this month, he's a long time Floyd fan. It'll be something different at least.

edit - ok so jp already mentioned it earlier. Well there's a sample of it above anyway. :p

10. Raggedy_Android

Raggedy_Android Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2005

great job keeping this thread alive, jp!

11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Heard Gilmour's son was arrested recently....

12. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    You missed one, JP... [face_sick]

OMG, that was terrible... [face_laugh]

13. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    3 month and 9 days left...

I'm going with my 15 year old stepson, who has "discovered" Pink Floyd just recently. He's playing another brick in the wall on his PC all the time to his mothers regret. It will be his first concert.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fantastic bonding experience then!

15. Raggedy_Android

Jan 11, 2005
    that is wonderful! you will have to share pictures.. i said "have to!".. and so glad to see you again, darth-floyd!! :)

16. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [image=http://rjdent.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/david-gilmour-1.jpg]

"A lot of people say we're a drug orientated band.

Of course we're not.

You can trust us."

- David Gilmour

@};- Syd & Richard

17. Raggedy_Android

Jan 11, 2005

@};- @};-

also, the HUGE pictures i was offering up way early on in this thread are no longer there, because there is no longer a where they were or at all for that matter.. also, they are no longer as large.. here..

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/starrless/pinkfloyd/gilmour_1.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/starrless/pinkfloyd/mason_2.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/starrless/pinkfloyd/waters_1.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/starrless/pinkfloyd/wright_1.jpg]

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Those pictures are awesome.:cool:

19. Darth-Floyd

Apr 5, 2003
    Hi Raggedy_Android, good to see you too. I will see what I can do about pictures :)

You disappeared a while ago, just when I would tell you that I was going to see Gilmour live, both in Hamburg and London. It was two great shows, especially the one in London. But as you know, I have always been more of a Waters fan, so I'm really looking forward to see him with his Wall show.

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    According to wikipedia, Pink Floyd signed a 5 year record deal with EMI. Any truth to this?

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yes, but it's not a recording contract... they're not recording / releasing anything new - it's a marketing / distribution contract.

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That was what I figured it was since Gilmour has been adamant that they will not be recording anymore, but it was nice to imagine for a little while.

23. Darth-Floyd

Apr 5, 2003
    I was seeing http://www.pinkfloydproject.dk/media.html yesterday, they are wery close to the original. I have seen them several time years ago, but must say they have evolved very much, specially their guitarist and new singer are outstanding.

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I hear the Australian Pink Floyd is supposed to be the best. Gilmour even had them play at his birthday a few years ago.

25. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    I've seen Classic Albums Live do both Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall at the Hard Rock at Universal Studios in Orlando. They do a good job and are fun to watch, but I have been wanting to see The Pink Floyd Project for a while now. I've heard they're almost perfect.