main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Portland Jedi live action theatrical combat group

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Blackchurch, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackchurch

Blackchurch Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2007
    Hi!

I've been trying to find people who would be interested in creating something like NYJedi in Portland. Any takers?
    I'm also very proficient at making Jedi robes if that is a consideration and making lightsabers these days is really easy.

May the Force be with you, always...

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Something like that could be cool. A few years ago, some of us costumers tried to get together to work out some choreographed moves. I learned a thing or two, but it kind of fizzled out.

For those of us who costume, that is to say that belong to clubs sanctioned to exist by LFL, have specific bylaws that we have to live by when it comes to lightsaber dueling. In a nutshell, we aren't allowed to duel with non-members of our various groups due to liability reasons - especially kids. We also can't use trademarks like "lightsaber training", or "Jedi Academy" or anything that draws upon the licensed trademarks of the Star Wars franchise, or LFL.

Those guys over in NYC get away with it because none of them belong to the Rebel Legion, 501st Legion, Jedi Assembly or the Mandalorian Mercs, to my knowledge, anyway. So they are viewed as a separate entity and just exist, as such. Or so I am given to believe. I suppose it is possible that LFL laid out some sort of bylaws for them, too.

Not saying that something like this couldn't happen here, but those of us who do belong to other costuming groups (even when not directly representing those groups) still have to live up to the bylaws that we agreed to when we joined our respective groups. As long as we are doing that, I can't see any issues cropping up.

With that said, I do know of a couple of people who might be interested in doing something along these lines.

- Bill

3. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    This sounds pretty cool. You'll have to keep us updated as it develops. I'd love to watch it. :)

-IJedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.