main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Portrait of Forbidden Lovers (Obidala Romance) - New CH6!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Disclaimer: Everything SW belongs to GL. There! No infringement is intended.
    Summaey: Set during episode III, this story is supposed to expand beyond the last movie.

Chapter 1

Padmé Naberrie stared into the firelight, her brown eyes a complete glaze. For several days, Padmé didn?t eat, sleep or say anything. Anakin Skywalker, her other half, her soul mate, was dead, or as Obi-Wan had put it, "touched by the Darkside of the Force." Padmé closed her eyes, remembering the night Obi-Wan came to her and told her of the duel between himself and his former Apprentice.

She remembered looking into Obi-Wan's blue eyes, and for a moment, felt the grief and pain behind his words. But she, on the other hand, felt quiet the opposite, except a strong emptiness within her soul. She should have felt something, grief, sadness, betrayal but it was all a void, and she didn't understand why.

Padmé opened her eyes again, biting her lip. All her life, she had been groomed to never show emotion, and now it was killing her. She wanted to cry, wanted to yell or throw a really nasty tantrum. It would have helped, anything would have helped...

She turned briefly, catching a glance of Obi-Wan's dark form in the doorway, his hood over his blue eyes. Padmé looked back to the fire, as the Jedi quietly walked towards her, kneeling down beside her.

"What is this feeling, Obi-Wan?" she asked, staring into the fire. Obi-Wan didn't reply, allowing her to continue. "I should feel something, anything but I don't. I feel so empty inside..." Padmé turned to him, crying for the first time since he told her the news, "Why did he have to leave me? I don't even know what went wrong, or why....?" She drifted off, hiding her face in her hands.

Obi-Wan frowned, stroking her shoulder, "It's not your fault, Padmé. Even I didn't see it, not until it was too late...If I could have saved him, I would have. I loved him too, he was my son..."

Padmé nodded, gazing up at him, her tears subsiding. She leaned forward, embracing him for comfort but pulled away slightly, staring at him again. Obi-Wan stared at her, breathing heavily as she had, feeling the same strong desire?

No, he couldn?t do this. She needed ample time to mourn Anakin, but it was too late because she already leaned closer, kissing him passionately. Obi-Wan?s arms slithered around her back but stopped, breaking the kiss between them.

?Obi-Wan?? Padmé gasped, breathing heavily again.

?We shouldn?t do this, Padmé. You need more time?? He struggled, ?Anakin, you loved him??

She nodded, ?I did, but he?s dead. I have to accept that; I have accepted it.? Obi-Wan stared at her in disbelief again before kissing her passionately again. The lovers clumsily stood up; Obi-Wan guiding Padmé, using the Force towards the bedroom?

tbc

2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Nice one! Look forward to seeing the other parts :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Chapter 2

a/n: i'll be is by edwin mccain.

~~

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
    Stop me and steal my breath away
    Emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky
    Never revealing their depth

~~

Padmé smiled, twirling a lock of her brown hair as she watched Obi-Wan sleep beside her. It was funny. For years, after she met Obi-Wan, she never stopped thinking about him. Though they never actually talked, she always felt connected to him, more so than Anakin.

Anakin.

With Anakin, after hour of making love, she never watched him sleep after hours and hour of making love. Maybe, it was because she was always tired and he was always aggressive. Padmé frowned, she couldn?t think about Anakin. Thinking about him, remembering what they used to be?

No, I will not think about him! Thinking about him will only bring me pain, Padmé told herself as Obi-Wan turned over, his arm wrapping around her waist. The former Senator looked down at his arm and giggled, silently moving it away, but his hand caught hers, forcing her to look at him.

Obi-Wan smiled mischievously, asking, ?And where do you think you?re going, m?lady??

?A glass of water and maybe some breakfast.? She giggled, smiling for the first time in months. Obi-Wan didn?t reply, except lean back on his pillow, watching her. Finally, Padmé looked away, embarrassed and flushed.

~~

Tell me that we belong together
    Dress it up with the trappings of love
    I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
    Instead of the gallows of heartache that
    hang from above

~~

?It?s just the first time I?ve seen you smile since?? Obi-Wan paused, collecting his thoughts. Nothing had been as it used to be, after Anakin crossed over. ?I know, it?s been hard?for you especially because he was your husband and your true love??

With that, Padmé stood up, grabbing a robe from the chair, pacing about. She stopped before the window, whispering, ?Former husband, Obi-Wan. I?m a widow now, remember?? Padmé paused, looking down at her hands, ?Besides, I don?t think I really loved him to be begin with??

The Jedi Master frowned, about to protest that she was wrong, but allowed her to continue. ?Yes, I loved Anakin, but it isn?t the same love I feel for you. It?s more than that, deeper.? She turned to him, ?You?re a Jedi; don?t you feel it??

He nodded, ?I do, but Padmé, he loved you and because he loved you, there?s something we need to discuss. Anakin, Palpatine, they?ll come after you which means we need to work out a plan as soon as possible.?

She laughed, crossing her arms, ?Plan for what? We can?t fight him, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan nodded, ?I know we can?t?I mean, to hide you. You?re a link to Anakin?s former life; Palpatine knows that, which means he?ll warrant your execution to guarantee Anakin stays with him as his apprentice. We have to hide you.?

Padmé looked down, staring at the marble floor, ?Warrant my execution? Anakin would never agree to that?He?well, used to love me.? She looked again at Obi-Wan, ?What do we do then? Where will we go? No place is safe anymore, not even the Republic.?

?I know. Two nights ago, I called Prince Bail Organa on a secured channel?That?s why I came to see you last night; to let you know of our plans.? Obi-Wan reasoned, but Padmé didn?t reply, allowing him to continue, ?You?ll be safe on Alderaan; it?s the only planet that hasn?t fallen to the Empire. Bail has agreed to allow you to stay in the Palace as his guest??

?You mean refugee,? she interrupted, ?or a criminal, since Palpatine has a price on my head, or will have.?

Obi-Wan frowned, standing up from the bed, picking up a robe using the Force to cover himself as he walked towards Padmé, holding her. ?Listen to me, Padmé. You are not a criminal or a refugee; you?re staying in Bail?s palace as his guest, but I do caution that you stay there. Don?t leave the palace unless you necessarily need to.?

Padmé nodded, her head falling onto his chest. After a moment of silence, Obi-Wan gulped, ?Padmé?? She didn?t reply except bury h

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    How sweet, and how saw. More yes?

~~Jilly

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    yeah, sure :D I'll post this afternoon when i update i'd miss you still.

~aeryn

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Portrait of Forbidden Lovers
    Chapter 3

Padmé huffed, trying to catch up with Anakin. She hadn?t seen him in several months and now just as they were going to be reacquainted, he was leaving her again. She stopped, her hand dropping to her stomach as Anakin finally faced her. He didn?t want to leave, but the Jedi needed him and he couldn?t put his duties aside ? even to be with the woman he loved. Anakin, now his late twenties, was a handsome man, but also a very powerful Jedi Padawan. And that?s exactly what was bothering him. He was still a Padawan, when he could have been a Jedi Knight. He tried to convince himself that Obi-Wan was right but a voice kept telling him he was wrong, and as much as he wanted to ignore that voice ? he knew the voice was right. He was impulsive, hot-tempered and stubborn. But never, never, had he unleashed his anger on Padmé. She didn?t deserve that.

?Anakin, please --- can?t you stay awhile? It?s been a long time?I?ve missed you.? She cried, her hand still on her stomach. Anakin lowered his eyes, taking her small hands in his. He missed her too, but because they had been apart for more than a year, it was hard to reconnect with her. She knew it; he knew it but neither of them would admit it openly.

?I want to stay, but they need me. I have to go.? He mused, releasing her hands and heading for the door. Padmé bit her lip, trying to hold back the tears as Anakin stopped, feeling her pain. ?I?ll be back, I promise. We can have dinner together, I promise. I promise Padmé, I?ll be back.? With that said, he vanished. Padmé stood still for the longest time before walking aimlessly to the living room, fainting onto the couch. >~~

Anakin. Padmé?s body bolted up, glancing at her surroundings. A small dresser, her cot and some her baggage off to the side of the cabin. Right, she thought, the shuttlecraft. Padmé rolled her eyes, sitting up, massaging her forehead. She wasn?t sure if the dream she had was a memory --- she hadn?t very many memories of Anakin. After the wedding, she was with him for only a couple hours before he had to return to the Jedi Temple. If he didn?t have to go, he would have stayed but she knew he would be back. In the beginning, she tried to hard to convince herself that even though they were apart a lot, it wouldn?t matter. But it did matter.

?Padmé?? Obi-Wan asked, entering the cabin. She smiled at him briefly, though she was still a little bit tired and weary. For some reason, since she and Obi-Wan left Naboo she had been tired more than usual and almost weak. Obi-Wan asked one time if she was falling ill, but Padmé reassured him that she wasn?t and that she was worried about their current situation. But seeing Obi-Wan at her cabin door, Padmé knew he had been monitoring her closely using the Force. ?What?s wrong? I felt something --- I felt you were in pain.?

She shrugged as he walked forward, sitting next to her on the cot. ?I?m fine, Obi-Wan. I just had a dream. I?m fine.?

Obi-Wan nodded, his hand lightly brushing her cheek, and smiled hopefully, ?You were dreaming about Anakin, weren?t you?? Padmé shook her head yes, still looking down at her hand as she rested on his shoulder, sobbing.

?Why did he have to leave me, Obi-Wan? We were so happy, weren?t we? I don?t even know anymore. So much of my memory is clouded? But --- ,? she cried, biting her lip.

?But what love??

She removed her head from the crook of his neck, staring up at Obi-Wan, ?In my dream, I don?t know if this was metaphorical or natural reaction, but I had my hand on my stomach. I mean, Anakin and I always wished for children ? but we were never really alone most of the time??

The Jedi huffed, closing his eyes and resting his hand on her womb. Through the Force, he felt the presence of two entities, but not yet mature. He couldn?t pinpoint when she had become pregnant but it had to have been before Anakin left; maybe a month or two earlier. He reached further, trying to determine the gender of both babies but it was impossible to know. They were still immature. Fi

7. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Aw! *sniff* *sniff* Wonderful post but so sad. Poor Padme. Poor Obi-Wan.

~~Jilly

8. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    Wonderful!Can't wait for more.

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, guys. before i post ch4, i'd just like to say sunday is my birthday and i'm going to be...drum roll and sudden silence, 20!!!

now, the post :D

Chapter 4

Obi-Wan huffed, glancing at his Padawan?s former wife sleeping beside him. Former Wife. He had to stop thinking that way. Anakin was dead. As much as it pained him that he was the one that killed him, there was nothing he could do to erase the moments leading up to Anakin?s death. So much had happened in the last couple days.

The Jedi Master moaned softly, careful not to awake Padmé. He needed this time to himself to think. He hadn?t anticipated that Padmé would become pregnant with Anakin?s children. Originally, he planned to hide Padmé on Alderaan and then find some place safe for himself to hide. Now, he had to worry about two innocent children. Worse, if Palpatine ever found out, he would come after them and kill them. He couldn?t allow that to happen. These children might be the last hope the galaxy has?

And Padmé.

There was no way Obi-Wan could lie to her; he knew he promised her he would never leave her but eventually, he?d have to. If he stayed with her, he would not only put himself in danger, but her life as well. If Palpatine ever found out she was still alive, and Obi-Wan with her?No, Obi-Wan, don?t think about it, he commanded himself.

He reached over, caressing her back with his hand, as if to smoothen out her skin. Her chestnut curls dangled off her shoulders?She was an Angel. Anakin?s Angel, but Obi-Wan?s lover. Oh no, not again! Obi-Wan cried, pushing out the thought from his mind. He had to stop thinking in terms that his Padawan was alive, in which case he wasn?t.

Anakin was dead. Padmé rolled her shoulder, turning to him. Thankfully, she was still in the beginning stages of her pregnancy. It he had known later, it would have been very obvious she was pregnant and word would spread through the Senate, eventually, maybe, reaching Palpatine himself. Still, it was a mystery. According to Padmé, she and Anakin had only been together once ? one brief moment?

One moment.

This was probably the last time Obi-Wan could ever hold Padmé in his arms like this, feel her warm body next to his. How he wanted to stay, never leave her side?even to help her raise her children. Just to be close to her. When he first met her, she was a 14-year-old ruler of an entire planet. Stubborn, as his old Master had put it, but all women were like that. But it was her. His old Master had known, or at least suspected, that Padmé wasn?t all that she claimed to be and that she was hiding something.

After Qui-Gon died, Padmé summoned him to her quarters. She dropped her Queen facade, and for once, she seemed as vulnerable as he was. She wasn?t a ruler, a Queen, or a handmaiden ? she was more than that. He hadn?t realized it then, but emotionally, he had always been connected to her. Not by the Force, but through love he had always been connected to her.

Yes, love. He did love Padmé. But he could never REALLY tell her that. He wasn?t her first love; Anakin was. Oh no, I better wake her up now before I start again, Obi-Wan mused.

The Jedi nudged her shoulder; Padmé?s eyes fluttered open. She yawned, her eyes still adjusting but then they did, she smiled at Obi-Wan?s blue. ?We really do need to stop these flukes.? She mused, kissing his forehead.

He joked, laughing, ?It?s getting to be a bad habit.?

?I know.? She countered, snuggling his chest, staring at the wall. ?How long until we reach Alderaan??

Obi-Wan shrugged, kissing her forehead, ?Awhile.? The Jedi hesitated, ?Padmé. We need to talk??

?Good luck trying to?? she joked, but quieted down, sensing he was actually serious and decided to listen.

?Padmé, you?re pregnant with Anakin?s children. I know, it will be a long time before they?re actually here, we but need to talk about what needs to be done.? Padmé nodded, listening, though he knew she didn?t want to. ?Padmé, the only way to ensure their safety?is to separate them.?

Padmé?s eyes bolted up, as di

10. Kit-Fisto7BA

Mar 21, 2003
    So far so good,keep up the good work.

11. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *sniff* *sniff* :( Poor Obi-Wan. Poor Padme. Wonderful post, just so sad.

~~Jilly

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    A/N: sorry if this post is a bit late. I meant to update this morning, but I got three pm's that I had to answer and then I had to study for math. So now, here's the update!

~~

Padmé huffed, leaning against one of the marble pillars outside the Alderaanian palace. It had been months since she had heard or seen Obi-Wan. Moments after they arrived on Alderaan, he rushed aboard the ship, claiming he needed to scout for another safe haven for her son. A tear stung Padmé?s eye, as she turned away, a hand a resting on her, now visible fat tummy. She never even had the chance to say goodbye to him. Padmé cleared her tears, returning to the suite Bail and his attendants prepared for her.

Despite the fact she was a refugee, and that she didn?t want to be treated any differently, Bail Organa, her host still insisted that she have the suite he prepared for her. Bail had always been a good friend of hers. When he told her about the speech Jar Jar made in her absence about the need for a Clone Army, Padmé was horrified. He knew it wasn?t what she wanted; none of them wanted that, but it happened, nonetheless.

She was with Anakin, then, on their honeymoon, their brief honeymoon that only lasted a day. He was gone, like Obi-Wan, without having said goodbye. Padmé closed her eyes, remembering the small letter he left her on her nightstand about returning to the Temple.

?Oh, Anakin!? Padmé cried, opening her eyes again. By right, Anakin should have been there with her to hold her, feel his children, but he wasn?t. He was dead. But even though she loved him, loved, past tense, Obi-Wan, his Master was her love. She just wished she knew where he was. This was probably one of the few times she wished she had his Jedi powers, so she could sense him and keep him safe.

?M?lady??

Padmé swirled around, her robes fluttering behind her as she confronted one of Bail?s servants. The woman bowed, holding a meal tray. Padmé nodded, allowing her to come in and set the tray down. After she placed it on the table, the handmaiden bowed again and began to take her leave. Padmé huffed, calling her back, ?Handmaiden, do you know anything about Knight Kenobi? Has he contacted Alderaan??

The woman shrugged, ?I?m sorry, m?lady. He hasn?t or he may have. I will talked to his Highness if he knows and I will report back to you.? She bowed again, leaving promptly.

Padmé bit her lip, settling down on the bed, removing the lid on the main entrée. Instead of Alderaanian cuisine, Bail had some of Naboo?s finest prepared for her. But it just made her heart sink. She knew he meant well, but eating food from Naboo, just reminded her of the home she lost. And Anakin. After awhile, Padmé shook her head, unwrapping the utensils but froze when she noticed a small scroll on the side of the dish.

The former Senator looked around the suite. She knew the room wasn?t bugged, but still, she could never really be careful. As her small hands unraveled the scroll, she realized it was in Obi-Wan?s handwriting. She smiled, eagerly reading the letter.

Dearest Padmé,

I?m sorry I had to rush off so quickly without making sure you were all right, but I had to clear some things. I know it has been months since I have talked or seen you; I imagine that stomach of yours is beginning to show and it won?t be long before your children are here. Believe me, I wish I could be there with you. I miss you, love. I hope you are being treated well and are well protected. I told Bail to give you the best suite that he has, so you won?t feel sad or alone. I know how much you miss Naboo. We?ve lost so much. But now, at least light is coming back with the birth of your children. My business is almost finished here. As soon as I am finished, I will return and protect you, be there for you as I promised. There are words I cannot say in this letter because I know, deep down, I can probably never say them. Again, I miss you Padmé.

Your Love,

Obi-Wan Kenobi

13. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    More!

~~Jilly

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm really loving this. More please. :)

15. Kit-Fisto7BA

Mar 21, 2003
  16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, sara. i'm glad you like. i read the 1st chap of your story, shattered. i'll have to update later.

~aeryn

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Padmé?s fingers drifted over the letter as a small tear rolled down her cheek. She had been dying to hear from him for months?Oh, Obi-Wan, my love, Padmé thought, soon we?ll be together again. Soon.

~~

Across the stars and light-years, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi stood, staring at the stars as they passed above, thinking about the woman he loved. He really did want to stay on Alderaan a little bit longer than he hoped, but had to look for a suitable home for Padmé?s son. He?d decided, weeks earlier that her daughter would stay on Alderaan and be raised by Bail.

Padmé?s daughter would become a politician, just like her mother. He didn?t like the idea because Palpatine would take notice of her and might put two-and-two together that the girl was Padmé?s daughter, and therefore, Anakin?s offspring. But since she was going to be raised by Bail, Palpatine wouldn?t dare suspect the girl. At least Obi-Wan hoped he wouldn?t.

As Obi-Wan turned, he felt a sudden jolt, sear through his mind and body. He had felt the death of the Jedi Council, as well as the other Jedi under Palpatine, but this was different, almost familiar in a sense. The Jedi felt a dark aura in the back on his mind, a dark presence reawakened. It couldn?t have been?No, that was impossible. Anakin was dead. He couldn?t?There was no he could have ? SURVIVED?!

Obi-Wan was tempted to reach out, using the Force to pinpoint the disturbance but figured if it were Anakin, he would trace the link and find himself and Padmé. Padmé! The Jedi leapt to his feet, rushing to the cockpit of the ship. The Captain and his co-pilot were unaware of the disturbance, but once the female co-pilot saw his worry, she stopped what was doing and faced him.

?Sir? Sir? Are you all right? You looked like you?ve just seen a ghost.? She murmured, as Obi-Wan only stared blankly out into space.

As Obi-Wan stood there, staring the stars, his pain ceased but was replaced by an epiphany. Anakin was alive, but he wasn?t even Anakin anymore. He was something else, more evil and destructive. Saved by Palpatine?s agents, he was an agent of evil now, not the boy he had known and loved. Obi-Wan closed his eyes and through his mind, he saw Anakin?s real name and face ? DARTH VADER.

tbc

18. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan! To feel their deaths. I am really interested in seeing how they do this in Episode III. MOre yes!

~~Jilly

19. Kit-Fisto7BA

Mar 21, 2003
    This is great.

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    The last chapter was the most eerie chapter in the series. It's short, but it's really freaky.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.