main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Possible Episode VII Spoiler

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rodimus1980, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    They do move fast.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    George Lucas actually penned outlines for an additional 10,000 Star Wars films as part of a greater work he refers to as the Starwarsa Pitaka which, when completed, will usher in a new era of enlightenment and prosperity. I know this, because I totally once read it in George Lucas' notes even though my biography was unauthorized. Super legit.

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn and Lord_Tuvitor like this.
  4. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    George Lucas has changed his position more then Mitt Romney. OH NO HE DIDNT!!! Yes, yes I did. [face_pumpkin]

5. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I'm not how sure how legit this is, but Lucas did mention his original scripts. I'm guessing they'll be taking a few things from the old scripts, but not every thing.

6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    <sarcasm>Doesn't Super Shadow have copies of the script treatments already</sarcasm>

Yancy

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    None of this is really new. Lucas and Gary Kurtz spoke about Episode's VII-XII a lot when Star Wars (1977) was released.

However, a lot of the ideas they talked about go out of window because of Return of the Jedi. Remember, Episode VI wasn't supposed to end with Vader and Palpy's deaths. It was originally intended to end with Luke a failure and riding off into the Sunset like The Man With No Name.

We need to get all those old interviews with Lucas and Kurtz together and work out what could still be relevent and what isn't (because of ROTJ)

syferdiasisalie likes this.
  8. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Doubt much would be relevant. If my memory serves me as Kurtz explained it, VII-IX were a continuation of the adventures of Han, Luke and Leia... I think X-XII were more the stories of the next generation.

9. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Smells like... Jar Jar Binks.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, the part that is a spoiler is where he reveals that it's "going to be exciting"? That's some riveting stuff right there...

Darthsuggs likes this.
  11. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Rejoice because "we" have already done this. In this forum there's a thread I created about "what we knew before a few days ago" and there's also multiple research threads in the Saga forum about this (like this one for example).

Gallandro

We have to be careful when citing Gary Kurtz, because while what he says may be accurate to his memories, his memories appear to be cobbled together from different plans dating from different times, plus some ideas he liked but weren't seriously considered.

G-FETT likes this.
  12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'll have to check it all. Thanks. :)

13. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Yep. BTW I edited my post to include some relevant links. My post in this forum doesn't include the Kurtz stuff simply because of how questionable it is. However, I think it's mentioned in the research thread. I'm really looking forward to The Making of ROTJ (coming out next year) which might have a few tidbits... and the inevitable Making of Episode VII, which will hopefully include even more.

Also, a lot of this stuff is covered in zombie/Michael Kaminski's The Secret History of Star Wars. There are separate appendices on the sequel trilogy and on Kurtz. There's a print version, but it was a free ebook before it was published and that one is probably still available online. Plus, the site for it (secrethistoryofstarwars.com) has articles that might be relevant - and a new one specifically dealing with the sequel trilogy will be up later this week.

14. WraithSQDRN

WraithSQDRN Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2012
  15. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    You win post of the day.

Rodimus1980 likes this.
  16. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Trust me, I'm fully aware of Kurtz' propensity to somewhat embellish his own importance as far as the direction of the series went. I think ultimatly Gary was a lot more interested in a 12 part story arc than George was. However, Kurtz mentioned in a couple of articles, pre-Empire, that there was some grand 12 part story arc. Doubt that had gotten beyond much more than a scribbled note or two. Heck even after the success of ANH, the success of Empire wasn't a given, and I'm sure George was just happy to get Empire, and then Jedi done.

Yancy

17. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I thought it was confirmed that Disney bought George's "treatments" for 7, 8, and 9 in the deal this week? I am hoping that Lucas wrote a basic story for the 3 movies for the writers to follow.

Also, I really do not trust what Kurtz has to say as he no doubt has an axe to grind.

18. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The treatments are a part of the M&A agreement. And yes, the treatments are what have been provided to the potential writers.

19. kenwastinger

kenwastinger Jedi Master star 5

Mar 29, 2004
    Lucas didn't even make up his mind on Luke/Leia being brother and sister until later. Heck, the first draft of the Star Wars 2 got turned into a book and Luke and Leia were all over each other in it. I'll take this with a grain of salt. That said, I did manage to get a picture of the first set design from a friend...

[​IMG]

20. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    The Emperor lives on via a clone or through the force somehow, (worked for Obi-Wan).

Don't think tey'll be much connected with expanded universe as Lucas has himself said he does not read or pay any attention to them.

With the execption of Splinter of the minds eye, which is terrible!!

21. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    im thinking Mara Jade if Luke Skywalker is around
    She was the emperor's force sensative assassin and would be an ideal character to have a gripe with skywalker as in the heir to the empire books.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    kenwastinger, that was funny. ;)

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Granted this does sound a lot like what the plots of the ST would be about given what Lucas has said in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.