main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA possibly titles for SF Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    ok here's a bunch of utterly neutral names that I thought up... After some discussion we think that the name should attempt to be as neutral as possible while reflective upon the nature of the SW universe. I like the first one personally. :)

The One Force, SF Fan Force
    SF Fan Force One (kinda like "Air Force One")
    SF Fan Force remastered
    SF Fan Force Special Edition (taken)
    SF Council of the Balance Point
    SF Fan Force, The Grey Side of the Force
    SF Fan Force Anonymous (sp?)
    SF Fan Force Accended
    Sounding religious names:
    SF Fan Force, Servants of the Force
    The Believers of SF Fan Force
    The Faithful of SF Fan Force
    The Grey Council of SF Fan Force (problem: B5 reference)

2. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I like:
    SF Fan Force: Special Edition
    Its not "taken" because I have seen more than one group have this title. Just my 2 republic credits worth.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You know the exchange rate for Republic to Imperial credits are approximately 4:5, NR to Imp? So speking from the Imp POV you threw in 2.4 credits, and I thought you were neutral... :p

I kinda threw in "Special Edition" as an option but it's not original since Ventura County Fan Force in Southern California has that as there club name. In that case it's no longer a true "Special Edition" anymore. Since special entails a kind of uniqueness. That's the only major problem I see with it, other than that it's ok.

4. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Well I dont think it means unique in this instance...it means digitally enhanced the original. Im not dwelling on a name.

5. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    What in the blue hell do you been by "grey force"???? is grey our official color??? how about the SF Jedi Republic??? the Rock also like just the plain old SF Fan Force. But if we come up with a name...it better be DAMN good and Unique. and thats the bottom line because the Rock ;| said so!

and for the jabroni's that dont know what ;| means let the Rock educate you for one second...thats the peoples eyebrow!

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    It's all because light and dark are subject Rock. Does the Force take sides? No, in reality the Force does not choose or take sides and nothing is truely all light or all dark. So in a sense the Jedi and the Sith are wrong about their conceptual ideas of what the Force is and meant to be used for and what the Force is in the whole hologram. Thus if there is no black and no white, there is only really just a mixture, or the gray. There are no sides, and having sides is a social construction deemed for the extremes of life if you think about it. The Force is One...

That's why I like the name "The One Force, SF Fan Force" since the Force is everything and everything is the Force. It unifies everything and it is everything and thus it is one. Since unity is something we are trying to strive for I thought the name was symbolic, well balanced, and sounding pretty darn cool. Does that make sense now? Or should I go deeper into the theology of it all? lol

And actually I wouldn't mind gray as the clubs official color. I'm thinking of making a new set of Jedi Robes in all kinds of shades of grey! lol

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Has anyone suggested "San Fran Force"? How about "Fog City Fan Force"? Just my 2 credits.

8. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    Thanks for educating the Rock for two minutes JT. The Rock now likes the name the Grey Force...or how about star wars united...or how about The GREAT One, SF Fan Force! those are the Rocks two (******)

The Rock suggests this....how about having a SW Summit. The Rock see's many different SW organizations here in the Great One's Bay Area and why not lets all get together and dress up and share our like for the GREATEST...and the Rock said GREATEST movies in history...Star Wars! again...thats the Rocks two (******)

Edited: Language inappropriate for a family forum

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Fog City, kinda like Cloud City but depressing? lol As much as I love the Rock the Great One is something I call myself, not the club. ;) Star Wars United is pretty good. How about The United Star Wars Alliance. That sounds a bit better but a bit long.

10. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting a little 'Rocked' out. I love Rockisms and all, but not all the Dizamn time!

anywho...

I think The One Force, SF Fan Force is cool. That and I'm tired of all the other million suggestions. haha.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm sorry I should have notice that I meant to put good and evil are SUBJECTIVE... my bad, I can't believe I messed up that point. It was the basis of my whole idea. lol OK so now it's corrected! Welcome back from paradise Six! Glad to have you home. :)

And Rock, it's cool if you wanna speak like the Great One and I use to do it myself at times when I got motivated so no worries. You may want to consider talking in the first person once in a while, you may enjoy it. lol But talk however you want, we're just mildly frightened that you maybe confusing yourself with the actual one and only Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, The Great One, the Brahma Bull, The People's Champion. ;) IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE TENKEN IS COOKING?!

12. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    ok....I think I can do that. The Rock....um..I can talk in the first person. The Rock is gonna put an end to this...now! Finally....I will talk in the first person

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    FINALLY!!!!!! THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!!! TO THE FIRST PERSON!!!! :)

14. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    yeah yeah yeah....I can talk in the first person....whats the big deal? I just like talkin like The Rock. but lets get back on topic....the new name of san francisco fan force! I still like the grey force! and thats the bottom line cause I said so!

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Curious, well anyway, all I gotta really say is that we'll be voting on it live at some point. I hope sooner rather than later because then we can get cracking on the official SF Fan Force website. :)

16. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    I like the SFSW Alliance...
    The United sounds too much like X2...lol...

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I thought Alliance would have too much of a Rebel conotation? That's why I omitted it from the neutral listings of names I thought maybe decent.

18. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    al·li·ance    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (-lns) n.
    a. A close association of nations or other groups, formed to advance common interests or causes.
    b. A formal agreement establishing such an association, especially an international treaty of friendship.
    2. A connection based on kinship, marriage, or common interest; a bond or tie.
    3. Close similarity in nature or type; affinity.
    4. The act of becoming allied or the condition of being allied.

I like the meaning of alliance.
    It will only sound like a rebel term if we put REBEL in front of it. Now I know why 5 groups on the west coast call themselves the "insert city/area" Star Wars Society. Saves a lot of heart ache.

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    thanks for the tutorial Chanel, point taken. I was only thinking that since the Rebellion was known as the Rebel Alliance even the Alliance part would be taken as too "one sided". Considering the words I put on the prototype logo I made, those definitions seem to be invalid for being neutral, for some reason. I still don't get, why?

I think it's time to show the people the prototype logo I worked on and let them decide. Unless there are any objections that are reasons that make a valid argument. Oh, Terrill and I will solve that little issue with the resolution with blowing up the picture or shrinking it. I'll just post it later when I get the chance and once again it's not set in stone, it will be voted upon. Once again registered voters only. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.