main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post Christmas Party Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Valerie, Clayton, Corey, and I would all like to thank everyone for coming all the way out to Claremore last night. We had a wonderful time visiting with everyone.

I had a blast playing Trivial Pursuit, despite facing the superior intellects of Billy and Kenzi. I humbly bow to your greater wisdom!

Thanks also for bringing out so many wonderful dishes and helping out as much as you did.

Last but certainly not least, as the person who cooked up the idea for this shindig, I would like to thank my lovely wife Valerie for working so hard to get everything ready. The party may have been my idea, but I couldn't have done it without Valerie's hard work.

2. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Amanda and I would like to thank both you and Valerie for opening your lovely home to everyone. We had a great time and I must say that I really enjoyed watching "Suburban Commando" at work today!

As for trivial pursuit, I only have these few words to offer:
    • Piett(sp?)
    • Emanuel Lewis
    • Anthony Daniels
    • James Earl Jones
    • Admiral Ackbar

And Kenzi and Billy are the Ultimate Star Wars Trivial Pursuit Players...but we must not forget Roger and his run for that title. I bow to you three.

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    bah obviously I had to leave before the good part hehe...

However we must not forget..Dance Party Aragorn.

Ahhh and has the lucky reciepient watched Hurcules in New York yet? Much like Suburban Commando a truly stellar peice of cinematic history hehehe.....or not....

Last but certainly not least,thanks to the Brown's for opening thier home

4. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Jake, thank you and Valerie for opening your home up to all of us. Billy and I had a wonderful time.

Ohh and Piett, like Emmanuel Lewis is half the size of normal Imperial Admirals. ;)

Ed, has Aragorn stopped doing the Macarena yet????

5. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Amanda and I had a great time .... Thanks for having us ... Robby still got up early this morning though :(

and

ummmmmmmmmm -- krispy treats :)
    Shelbi, tell your Mom I said Thank You !

rs

6. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you so much for letting all us all come and hang out at your home! I had a lot of fun talking to all the girls! Lots of good food too and deserts! Thank you so much Jake and Valerie!

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Jake, thanks very very much for offering up your home for us to destroy. The food was awesome and dirty santa was a blast. But let's not forget to thank Gary and Bree for providing our entertainment during trivia, lol. Oh, and Billy, is/are your leg(s) okay?

8. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    so Shelbi have you been to Toys'r'us today?

9. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Yes, Shelbi, my legs are fine. Didn't even know you were kicking me till I sat down. :D

I also had a lot of fun. My favorite part was Pac-Man Vs.

10. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Yes, I have been to Toys r us, and my mommy bought me the remaining Han and Yoda unleashed. And a few days ago I talked her into buying the last Anakin Jedi Starfighter from Target. So I am now in debt for the next 5 weeks.

11. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Shelbi when did you go? We went at 6:00PM and they had another Boba Fett, Yoda and Han out.

Yeah Billy I think I am gonna have to pick that one up before Saturday. What a blast and much more difficult since the Ghosts can think.

12. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Actually Dance Party Aragorn prefers the Hokey Pokey :) gives him something to do with his articulated toes.

13. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ooooooo....

Good to know Ed.

14. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    We went to both Toys'r'uses, and found the Han and Yoda at the one on 21st. I would say it was around 6:15-6:30ish. They also had some of the new action figures, like the Obi-Wan at the bar, Padme in her Tatooine outfit, and stuff like that. Kenzi, I might have to run out to that Walmart, I only need a few more to complete my Clone Wars action figure collection :).

15. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    You should if you get the chance. I mean they also had the Ralph Mcquarrie concept Stormtrooper as well there.

16. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Just thought I would post this.... :D

Happy Birthday Admiral Piett
    Sun, Dec 07, 03 11:58:16 PM EST

TFN wishes Kenneth Colley a Happy 66th Birthday. Kenneth played Admiral Piett in 'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi'.

17. breeland

breeland Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] !!!!! Anthony Daniels!!!!! Ha Ha!!!! R2D2!!!! That's a good one!!!

18. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    LOL!!

Heath I almost posted about Piett's birthday. :D

19. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I was meaning to ask who made the Bread bowl dip. It was very good, could you post what goes in it.

20. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Sorry its taken me so long to post on this thread still under the weather by a good deal. I just want to thank Jake and his lovely wife Valarie for letting us invade their home. I would like to thank ALL the cooks who brought some of the best food and desserts I have in a long time. Last but not least Shelbie and her family that let me hitch a ride to the party. I had a great time can wait to do it again.

21. Mrs_General_FEL

Mrs_General_FEL Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2003
    The bread bowl dip has...are you ready???
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup mayo
    1 jar chipped beef or jar of dried beef
    1 bunch of fresh dill chopped fine
    chill covered for an hour

Jakes brother and father love it. It was a recipe that his sister-in-law came across

22. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    thanks, after posting my question I figured Jake would chime in on how to make the bread bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.