main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PoTC PDQ ROCKS!!!! Masquerade Win!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, we did it. Kai, Master K, with the rest of an awsome crew.. (and also much thanks to Siri's AWSOME Makeup Job for turning a Jedi Master into a Pirate Captain =D= ) took BEST PRESENTATION at Comic Con 2006 for their performance of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (The ENTIRE film) in 2 min 37 sec!

We had awsome actors who portrayed Barbossa, Liz, Will, Norrington, the ENTIRE British Navy, and our two wonderful pirates (one being Kai!). Capt Jack had his work cut out for him to keep up with that group!! [face_praying] :D Not to mention our prop mommy and our great big Calico Jack Flag which we all, in turn, hid behind, ran around, and used as our backdrop.

Hopefully, a video link will be posted soon. And Siri will get pics up in the morning (ok, we're just exhausted right now!)

For those of you that were "in the know" Thanks for the behind-the-scenes support, shoulders (both physical and virtual) and just plain being there to listen to us (some of us more than others :D), rant over costume issues, worry about performances, laugh our bloody hineys off over things, and just know that if you couldn't make it in person, we know that you were there in spirit!!!!

More reports to follow (and pics) of Comic Con (a number of SCFF was duely represented this time!!! [face_dancing] ) But for now... I'm gonna go get some sleep!!

Master K
    (Currently undercover as CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow!) [face_peace]

2. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want to see lots and lots of PICS!!!!!!!!

Shan

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    PICTURES!

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Victory!

Congrats!

And most of all you survived the heat, it was record breaking up here, or in the words of Shamus O'Malley when during a seance he answered the question from beyond the grave, "Shamus, how is it on the other side", he replied...

"TOooooooooo HOOoooooooot!"

Was Phoenix summer hot, the pavement was still glowing at night.

Not Mustafar hot, that was Livermore, poor Kai gets that honor. "Do you like your Jedi crispy or extra crispy?"

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    YAYYYY!!!
    *hugs for Kim, Kai, and Josie*
    I was so glad I got to see you perform (even if it was on a big screen on the other side of the convention) and that I got to give you real hugs afterwards. YAYY again!

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I heard part of the 580 was melting up there and the was road buckling. :eek: I used to work in Livermore, and live in Tracy, so I'm quite familiar with that stretch of road.

7. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Livermore hit 115 on the day we were roasting in our armor at the 501st photoshoot at 111 degrees and high humidity in San Diego. I felt better knowing I wasn't a wimp! I kept thinking it was in the high 80s and I just wasn't dealing with the mugginess. No. It was 111 AND muggy. ARGH!

Congrats to Cap'n Jack and to Siri for all the makeup work!

Anyway...cross-post:

Ok, here is a link to all the pictures I took at Comic-Con. Photos are divided into four galleries - pirates, 501st, Rebel Legion, and then random odds and ends. I've only annotated a few of them so far, but at least they're available to anyone who wants to right-click and save. They are FULL SIZE, so if you want a high resolution pic, just click on it until you get the large size and save away!

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/gallery/0002wa09

Also...PDQ Pirates! We're on YouTube!

- Kai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE0R2iFc4vg&search=comic-con

8. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just nicked the link to a much better version that our Norrington sent...

http://bucklandblues.com/Videos/ed_pirates_small.wmv

Still on a high from this.

:D

9. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Capt'n Jack!

That video is absolutely hilarious!!!!! I wish I could have been there to see it!!!

Shan

10. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Cool photos! Hey MK et al, How about con recap? Here's mine:

Very hot outside (didn't start that way but built up over weekend), TOO CROWDED inside (2nd year of over 100,000 people when the fire marshal rates the entire complex's legal capacity at 85,000...sigh...)

Food find: Surprisingly tasty concessionaire pear-gorgonzola salads available on the mezzanine...who knew?

Swag report:
    Sith Apprentice Anakin, hat and a $50 (!!!) gift card from Sideshow!
    Mirror Trek figures including Marlena Moreau (signed-Barbara Luna still looks great!)
    About 20 silver/bronze age books I've been looking for
    Art and drawing reference books, of course
    A touch of hentai to spice things up...

Kinda light this year, but with it getting harder to move around with the crowds, didn't feel like chasing down everything. Anyway, that's what eBay's for...

The Parrot
    Caryn B.

11. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    All to cries of "HARRR!" LOL!

12. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh, crud. I totally forgot about my Sideshow card, and now I can't find it! PTH!!!!!!!

- Kai, bummed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.