main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problems with mods.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by lightknight, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    The Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates who are only looking out for themselves and their home systems. There is no interest in the common good...no civility, only politics...

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    You say you want a forum where people can talk about the problems we have here. Then you say if we have a problem with mods or admins to keep it private and PM or email the mods.

My view on that is that this forum is first and foremost for dealing with problems that happne with the boards. Technical questions, "How do I do this?" questions. Those types of issues. Problems between users, whether mod or not, should, initially, be private. Just because that's the way you would do things in real life. If someone does something to you, do you go out and tell everyone else, or do you deal privatly and directly with that specific person first? If that doesn't work, then you take it to the next level.

We say we don't understand why you make some of your decisions and there is no uniformity to those decision. You say you don't have to tell us and we shouldn't question.

As far as uniformity goes, we try and do the best we can, but everyone looks at things differently. I may read a post and not see anything wrong with it, but another person may look and see something offensive. An example. We recently had a discussion about a member's signature int he Mod Squad. There were a number of mods who looked at it and saw nothing at all wrong with it. There were some that looked at it and saw a very offensive statement. There's no guide book to what is offensive and what is acceptable to everyone. Total uniformity isn't something that can be acheived in an environment such as this.

People tell you what the problems are and you mock them or just dismiss them. Then you say no one tells you what the problems of the board are.

In this thread, unless I missed it, I don't think I've seen any mods mock someone's problem. Maybe some other users have, but no mods. There may have been some statements regarding your "Mod Issue" but that's it, and totally seperate.

And that's what I'm going to end this post with. This so called "Problem" you've had with a current mod. You've brought this up a number of times, and have never revealed excatly what the hell happened, who did it, and what went on. It obviously hasn't worked to deal with it privately and now, to hell with it, I'm asking to make it public, or at least PM me, and I will bring it up to the rest of the mods if you don't want it out in the open here. And I give my word that I will keep you informed as to what is discussed about it in the mod squad and what action is taken.

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Yes, if it doesn't get resolved privatly, bring it public. In fact, if it's me anyone has a problem with, bring it out publically first, I don't care.

4. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Just_a_Slacker,come on!
    I'm seriously NOT mocking at you,as well as most people here is not trying to do that, but to help!
    As it has been suggested, SAY NAMES,LAY YOUR CARDS ON THE TABLE, IF IT IS NED...

Oh,please, don't think we are trying to offend you, and, if there's something that bothers you, just do not pay attention...!

Look at all this bounch of people who's trying to help you out!

5. John of the collective

John of the collective Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 1998
    Things were so much better when there wasn't even a Communications forum, and everyone cared about Star Wars.

PB, that was the most Intelligent thing I've seen said in Communications, possibly the Entire JC in YEARS!!

Oh and Bismarck, BACK IN YOUR CAGE! Your SC NEWBIE HAZING isn't finished yet! :)

6. BISMARCK

BISMARCK Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2001
    ??? John, do I know you?

Who are you at the SC?

[face_shocked] ???

7. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    Sorry, but I've been busy with real life. Damn real life.

It wasn't what was said in that threat that was the problem (I said that the Somailis that dragged dead American soldiers through the streets were less than human in Mogadishu, and not because of their skin color either but because of their actions) but it was the way the mod in question dealt with me later. When I was complaining about the ban, Kessel Runner said I was flaming him via PM and never would tell me where I flamed him and after I kept pressing it (I don't like to be accussed and then just accept it) he would blow me off or make some point to the thread and finally just flat out threatened to ban me for trolling if I kept asking him about it. At that point I just went to Nathan and let him handle it. He said he would speak to KR and that I might have been a bit rude at one point. (I said something like "try actually reading what I wrote next time" or something to that effect). To this day I haven't found out or what became of it.

It's in the PMs and and any mod or admin that wants to look at them are more than welcome to, you have my permission. Just make sure you look at them in the order they were sent/received and not the two I sent that were read and never answered.

8. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I'm taking the JAS/Kessel Runner thing to email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.