main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question: Who were you must happy to meet?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by 00Kevin_Ohhss, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00Kevin_Ohhss

00Kevin_Ohhss Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    Who were you most happy to meet at celebration II?

I only went Friday so I didn't see all the people I wanted to.

for actors I was happy to see Billy Dee.

As for non-Actors I'ld say Ian Mccaig, Creator of Darth Maul (He did the famous picture of Darth Maul with the Neck Brace with spikes.
    I was fortunate enough to learn of a small class he was teaching in there and was able to meet him and learn about creating creatures. He taught us to take origonal designs and pictures of inspirations, objects and people and go MUSH! and create a cool creature!
    Later he said that the reason the origonal Darth Maul had the odd neck brace was because he had to wear a nack brace when designing him and decided to give him a neck brace too!

Sorry If I talked to long. Back to the topic:

I was so stunned by all the cool star wars items that I walked right past Dave Dorman's Booth and didn't see him! DOH!

so who did you see?

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Aurra Sing , i got my figure sighn and a pic with her.she is sooooooooooooooooo hooooooooottttt! im in love.

3. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Aaron Allston! The panel discussions with all the Del Rey writers were great, and meeting them all (Bob Salvatore, James Lucero and Troy Denning) was a thrill for a EU junkie like myself.

Oh, and seeing Artoo!

4. Samurai-Yoda

Samurai-Yoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, I saw Rick, I shook Nick Gillards' hand, I saw Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels payed me an early visit in the line, I saw John Knoll, Carrie Fisher, I got an autograph by Billy Dee, I saw Warwick a good bit, Prowse, Mayhew, Bonnie Piesse, Luminara's actress (dont remember the name...Mary something I believe), all the Rebel/Imperial Admirals and pilots...and a partridge in a pear tree.

But I guess the best part was shaking Billy Dee's hand...and Nick Gillard was awesome, he was nice.We said two things:

Me: "Keep up the good work."

Nick (smile): "Don't you worry about that."

:)

5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I met Daniel Logan at a local restaurant...he was sooo polite, actually a bit shy.
  6. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Ben Burtt. He was gracious enough to answer questions without the need for $15, or for first-come, first-serve tickets to some ballroom. And he seemed genuinely shocked when I said meeting him was the best part of the convention. Isn't that sweet? :)

7. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Amy Allen, aka Aayla Secura. I've been looking forward to meeting her for a few months and I did and she's really nice. Thanks Amy!

8. Master-of-the-Force

Master-of-the-Force Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I got Temeura Morrison's (Jango Fett) autograph on my Sat. pass (pic. of Jango Fett) at the Einstein's Bagels next to the convention center on Sat. morning. He was very nice and down-to-earth. After I recognized him, he got mobbed by other fans and he quickly took off after that!

That was my highlight for sure!

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I got Rick McCallum's autograph after he came out of the bathroom Friday, that was cool. I only had to stand in line for Carrie Fisher's autograph for two hours, also cool, even though she didn't even look at me. The person I had the most fun talking with was William Hootkins, he was a blast.

10. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I saw the line to get Carrie's autograph was 8 hours long, so I decided to skip that, but while waiting in line for the concert tickets, Carrie Fisher was led right by me. I yelled out "Carrie!" and she turned, looked at me and waved hello back. I guess that was more than some of the people who waited in line for her autograph got.

Friday night I went to the Hyatt after the convention for the 501st/fan force party, where I got to mingle with the likes of Peter Mayhew, and the guys who played Lobot and Admiral Motti ("Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways lord Vader"). It was just cool to hang out and listen to them talk over a few (understatement) beers.

Billy Dee Williams put on a great question answer segment, and they got to reunite him with Lobot (first time since ESB was filmed apparently).

The Rick McCallum Spectacular was pretty cool, and I got to see Ben Burt and John Knoll.

The other cool thing was getting to meet so many like-minded fans.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Silmarillion, Bobafemme, MysterySith, Hamma, & Rox were the people I was happiest to meet. I met a lot of other fantastic people I know from these boards and others as well.

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I had a big "~Sithman~" sign on my backpack but no one recognized me! :(

13. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, Ben was the highlight of the weekend. I wanted (and I wasn't alone on this one. ;)) to ask him a few questions, but I chickened out!! [face_plain]

14. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Michael Sheard aka Admiral Ozzel. (kekek~)

I went up to get his sutogrpah and he was one of the funniest people ever~!!

And GH aka Biggs D. :)

15. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    I was waiting in line for the Concert saturday night and RA Salvatore walked by. I ran up and asked nice and politely for his autograph, but the only thing i had on hand was my Celebration II program. He just lauged it off and said it wasn't the strangest thing he'd autographed by far. His message was "Dear Josh- I'm sorry about Chewie" [Signed]. That made my day. Then, I was in the THX demonstration and I was practically the very last person who was let in. There was a knock on the door, it opened, and they started to say 'buzz off, we're full' when someone recognized him. "Hey warick, over here!" Lo and behold, Warick Davis sat RIGHT BEHIND ME during the demonstration. He autographed my program too, with a nice 'May the Force be with you- Warwick Davis, Celebration II"
    Aaron Alston, in a less candid moment after I waited in line a few minutes, autographed the same paper, and a copy of Rebel dream, with the words "Dear Myn- Yub yub Major!" and signed. I had to tell him to write that, but still, it was great.
    My favorite part of the trip was the four authors interview in the Naboo room, Friday and Saturday. It was a riot, those are the funniest four people I've ever had the privelege to hear speaking.

PS- I shook Jeremy Bullochs hand as I was waiting in line for the Hayden Christianson, and got a picture. Anthony Daniels allowed me to ask R2D2 a question, so he was less than a foot away from me. I didn't get a picture though. Overall, a very sucessful trip.

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I saw Sithman on a backpack, but I was waiting in a line, and I didn't dare leave.

Some of the actors were cool, but other seemed annoyed that they were there.

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    My favorite people to meet were the FF ones. (Thank you Incom) :) I had a great time with Hootkins (Porkins) during the afternoon autograph sessions, chasing down Daniel Logan because he didnt' show me his badge, and riding in the elevator with Jeremy Bulloch this morning. The best, was trying to meet WhoJedi who did so much work, at the very last night in the VIP lounge only to turn around and seeing Plo Koon getting it on with someone I vaugely know.

18. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    CARRIE FISHER TALKED TO LADYSTAR AND MYSELF!!!!! We were in absolute hysterics when we got in to see her Saturday morning and she saw my Leia costume and Ladystar's Padme Battle costume and asked if we've seen a movie called Star Wars, and said I looked a little like one of the characters, but with blonde hair. We both could hardly talk, I was shaking and tearing up. I barely was able to spell my name when I asked her if she would make it out to me. That was worth being in line outside at 6 am and waiting a total of 5 hours just to see her! The greatest moment of the whole Celebration!

19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    meeting other jcer's like bobafemme, sebulba x, rox, hama, jediwarrior, bria, nabooty call, doright, jedijeff, etc..... was one of the coolest things about the trip.
    oh, and silmarillion is hot! [face_love]

20. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Ditto to what he just said! Especially the last part (drats - he got to say that first [face_devil] )

21. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    At the FanForce party I got to sit with Peter Mayhew for a few minutes and brought he and his wife some cookies. That was my favorite till the final day. The show ended at 4pm so a friend and I grabbed a bit of dinner before heading to our hotels. On the way there we passed Anthony Daniels walking to his own hotel. He was gracious enough to allow several of us to take pictures with him. I opted to hold his garment bag (with the golden jacket) in exchange for a handshake. Quite a good, and unexpected, finale.

22. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    MIRAX H - I remember meeting you!! I was one of the guys who stood in line with you and Ladystar that second day to get Carrie Fisher's autograph (The on who made up the nameags). I must say that your costumes all three days were great, especially the Lady Maul one that you wore in the costume contest. VERY creative! (P.S. - Thanks so much or holding my place in line whle I went to the store.)

Sabacc - The same thing happened to me! I was going to get something to eat on Sunday and I saw Mr. Daniels walking with his bags. After I freaked out, I went up to him and told him thank you for the amazing job that he did this weekend. Then I got a quick picture with him, after which I started jumping around like a little kid. Easily one of the highlights of the whole weekend.

John

23. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Aside from meeting Anthony Daniels on Sunday, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting fellow fans. It was great to just be able to go up to a complete stranger and start a conversation because we all had the same love of the Star Wars movies. I'm glad that I was able to meet so many of the people who post here on TheForce.Net's forums. (I was easily able to spot the ones who were wearing the nametags that I had made up.)

In particular, I'm glad that I met Darth Glymmer. She was a great girl who was a lot of fun to hang out with in the short time that I was able to.(and very beautiful too)

John

24. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Hi, everybody! What an incredible weekend!

I was sooooo delighted to meet Carrie Fisher! She was very cool. She said I had a nice haircut. :) She was a pleasure to talk to.

I honestly was thrilled all weekend meeting all of you! Meeting people fron everywhere was one of the best things in Denver, and here too. I had so much fun meeting people on this forum, people I recognized from Denver and other fans I'd never met. I was sad to leave, and want to hang out with you all again!!! :D

25. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Mr Skinnee, I definitely remember you and I had so much fun in line with all of you for Carrie! I have to find my cd so I can check it out! And I have to agree with some of you, meeting other members of the forum and other fans and sharing these experiences with them is what makes this worthwhile. What fun would it be if there was no one to talk to about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.