main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, I was wonering if anyone has Galactic Battlegrounds, or Age of Empires? -- I can't remember if I've asked before. But if anyone does have either of them I was thinking maybe we could meet sometime on Gamespy and beat the snot out of each other?

2. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I have Age of Empires, 1,2, and Age of Mythology. Multiplayer does sound good.

3. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I don't have Age of Mythology, but I wish I did! -- So anywho, set up a date and time, and we can meet...

4. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I just read that the original trilogy will be released next September....FINALLY! Im glad it's only ten months now instead of three years. Is anyone going to watch the Clone Wars tonight, Im psyched for it. And JJ needn't worry about spoilers till the last episode. Also, how was Revolutions Sean, without giving the whole film away of course.

5. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I loved it, It was a very well thought out and conceived ending by the Wach. Bros. The masses will not like it and I'm sure it will get slammed in the reviews. I think that out of a group of 10 people that I saw it with that I was the only one who loved it. If you like movies that make you use your mind instead of having to have it spoonfed to you like 99% of corporate high budget films that insult and degrade the human intellect then you will love it also. I was thinking of sometime in the near future we could have a meeting where we watch Matrix 1 & 2 and the Animatrix and then go see Matrix 3. It would be a long but very fun day. :)

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I loved it too Sean. I liked how it resolves enough for you without answering everything you hope it will. It lets you use your imagination. I thought it was well thought out and I consider it to be the best film series right behind Star Wars... I mean, I am pretty much an equal fan of both series. But all in all, good stuff. However, I do agree that I think some people will be disappointed because it doesn't spoonfeed them everything. Oh well.

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    *sigh* No cable, no Clone Wars. I WAS going to see the Matrix last night with this group of people - we'd planned a Matrix-athon.. But they cancelled at the last minute. We've been talking about doing a Matrix meeting for some time, why don't we just go ahead and make plans for one? I'd be willing to go through the trilogy + the Animatrix.

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The masses will not like it and I'm sure it will get slammed in the reviews
    "Welcome to my world" - George Lucas ;)

While a good action movie, which does raise some of the classic questions about our existance (as good movies should) while maintaining an entertaining bit of escapism (which it does as well)...I think Matrix Revolutions served the basic purpose: to entertain moviegoers.

9. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I saw the CLone Wars on Fri. night, thought it was very cool but way too short. Don't worry JJ about missing any episodes. I read that they will be released on DVD in the near future.

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    That would be so sweet if they do.. I'd almost definitely buy it. Is anyone recording them in the meantime?

11. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I have been watching them on starwars.com, excellent picture.

12. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Ahaaaa.... I forgot about that.. I've been avoiding StarWars.com because of spoilers...

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Spoilers are Evil!! That's why I copied your sig Junkie ;)

14. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Rock on Anti-Spoilers! ^_^

Spoilers truly are the root of all evil, followed closely by six o'clock in the morning.

15. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Righto, I think a long while ago when this FanForce was first getting going Sean and someone else thought it'd be really cool if we made a website. Well, I volunteered and well.. never did it. <_< But noooow... my online finesse and great intellect of all things web related has reached a level of nirvana!! I've actually figured out those stupid online free hosting sites, and as a result I've decided to embark on making our website. If anyone has content, or graphics, or help they can offer PLEASE tell me. I'll take just about anything to fill the pages.

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    That sounds great! We can discuss all the details at the meeting on Saturday. :)

17. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Pavo, Pollo! Pavo, Pollo! Pavo, Pollo! Hehehehehehehe...

18. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Yep... Well.... *watches tumbleweed tumble by....* Yeah.............. <_<

19. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, I've noticed that there has been some controversy about something or another across the boards, it involves the possibility of TF.N closing the boards? What does everyone know about this whole business?

If this turns out to be more fact than speculation, what will our little group do?

20. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I wasn't gonna say anything to you guys until the meeting because in all honesty it is complete chaos among the powers that be. There are so many different theories and scenarios being discussed right now that I wanted to wait a little while and see what direction it begins to go in after people calm down. Our group will not be broken up though, I promise you that much. I have a alternate plan in place for us if the worst case scenario should happen.

21. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Ah, alright. I've just been seeing stuff about this thing all over the boards, and wondered what it was I missed. o_O Tell us all about it at the meeting then.

22. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    This is the first Ive heard of this, why would they close the boards? Especially with EP3 a little over a year away? My guess is it's got something to do with not making a profit on this, it always seems to boil down to money.

23. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I officially have the wierdest neighbor kids. A few days ago when the snow was melting I saw two of these screaming ritalin test cases that live next door to me spraying a big lump of snow with a bottle of Windex. I tried to figure out how this could remotely be considered fun but couldn't, they just kneeled there taking turns spraying the snow. Maybe they thought they could make snow cones? Also, the people who should be regulars on Cops who live across the street are apparantley making some sort of white trash fortress consisting of garbage. It is now about four feet high and twenty feet long next to the street. Please God, let them be moving far away, please I ask so little of thee!

24. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    LoL!! Oh my god... The Windex thing sounds like something I'd have done when I was little. >_<

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Does the email service at the corporate headquarters of SPAM work? If so, what kind of mail gets sent to annoy them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.