main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Ryno, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    For those who have been nagging meto do so, I have a cell phone now. You know who you are. =P

For the time being I'll only have a phone card so I won't be able to get any calls. We shall see in the future though =)

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
  3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    OMG it's about time you slacker! hehehe :p

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Yeah for cell phones!!! Where would we be without them somethimes. I can't complain I have had the same cell phone for the last 3 and a 1/2 years.

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Now I won't be alone going into C3 an hour early
    Yeah, cuz no one else is in the fan club ;) It will probably be the longest line you've ever stood in.
    Ever.
    LOL

6. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
  7. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Most you probably know but here's a reminder. Thursday between 8-9pm on fox (during the O.C.)the new Revenge of the Sith trailer will be airing. They showed a preview of it and it looks crazy fresh. It'll then probably be on Hyperspace to watch so if you miss it on fox, you can catch it there.

8. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Crazy fresh?

9. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Isn't that what the kids are saying now a days? Perhaps "far out" would be better. Keen? Out of sight?

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Fo shizzle my Wookizzle!

11. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I just saw the trailer. I have goose bumps, i can't sit still. I was yelling the whole time, and i was only one in the house! I have no doubt whats so ever that this movie is going to rock my face off!

12. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    That was a great trailer, I can't wait for the 19th of May.

13. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    What Jeff said...times infinity. I wish I was the only one home when I saw it, ROFL.
    Truly one of the defining moments in my life as a SW fan.

14. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I agree, if there was nobody in my house, I also would have gone nuts yelling and what not, that movie looks sooo good. :)

15. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I have a bit of a random story. I am currently teaching special ed in a resource classroom in Attleboro and yesterday, most of the kids were absent. Because of that, the group was really small. One of the kids that was there tends to be really shy and because of the smaller group he was on edge. I was trying to just make him feel more comfortable so he would open up a little bit when one of the boys makes a comment about Star Wars. The shy boy and him start talking about Chewbacca (Jeff would have loved it!) and I commented that I loved Star Wars, too. So for a few minutes, we had a discussion about our favorite Star Wars characters and even my cooperating teacher came in and was talking about it with us. Most importantly, my shy boy was opening up and really talking to me. Of course, we had to go back to doing work.

Later that day, I had to go into his classroom to help with the math lesson. The kids were making math gameboards and they could use any theme they wanted. This boy was really struggling because he can't really write small enough to write on the gameboard so the teacher asked if I would write down his ideas for him. Turns out he's also really into mythology, which I love, so we were doing a mythology themed board when he just couldn't resist throwing Chewbacca and Darth Vader in there! It was so great, I felt like I really made a connection to this kid and that it helped him open up and get some work done for me.

And that's my little Star Wars story! :)

16. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    That is a really great story!!
    It is really great when you can help someone especially get a child to open up and feel better and part of things.

17. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    That is a cute story! :)

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Ep3 Trailer (l33t subtitles)
    caution: 1 F-bomb is dropped in the subtitles
    If you don't play online games, you may miss most of the jokes.

19. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Haha good stuff. Thanks for the linxorz!

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Happy Easter !!!!

May your basket be full of SW Easter Eggs w/ stickers

And the new SW Pez too!!

21. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Happy Easter!! :)

22. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Did we ever decide if we wanted to have a meet other then C3 during April? It would be April 10th if we did want one. Any suggestions? Let me know.

23. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    While we are all in the thinking mood, see what you think about this.

I was thinking of starting a thread. The purpose of this thread would be to tell a fictional story. Some of you are probably familiar with such a thing. Where people take turns writing a part of the story. A few sentences then the next person goes type of thing.

It would need a bit of dedication if we wanted it to go somewhere. So if enough people are intersted we can iron out the details.

24. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh, Jeff. It's like those "pass-the-stick" POVs they used to do on the Cantina board. I don't know if I'd participate, but I'd be an interested reader. :D

25. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Yes hehe. It would obviously be the setting of star wars. everything else would be dependant on the writers.

Also, I'm throwing out the idea of having a get together meet at my house for April's meet. Same deal as usually. Order food, bring snacks, have fun type of thing. Sunday 10th would be the date. Let me know if anyone would be interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.