main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R'bolt's AOTC Preview Cards

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Restrainingbolt, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Sorry... can't help but post these. Need input on game text etc. I did put together a new Episode II icon, as well as an expansion Icon (Clonetrooper). These cards are a ton of fun to make. They're not definitive versions and I'd be more than willing to make changes to them as the AOTC expansion develops.

I also appear to have found the "perfect" font to use for the text. I'm pretty sure Decipher used the exact same font. It's Helvetia Extra Compressed, Helvetia Condensed Bold and Helvetia Condensed Medium. E_Greyshadow, I tried your fonts but they wouldn't work on my Mac.

Hope you all enjoy the images. My son hasn't arrived as yet, ...but he's got a great Zam, Jango and a special "surprise" accessory card planned. Hopefully he'll get those done this evening and we'll be able to get them posted as well.

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum4.html

Enjoy!

Restrainingbolt

Please keep these in one thread, Bolt :) --Red 84

2. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I should think that Amidala should have politics, being a senator and all.

EDITED FOR SPELLING

3. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm sure you're right. I've never been a big fan of the politics mechanic, but hey, that's me. ;) Please offer suggested (specific) game text changes.

Restrainingbolt

4. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Just some random thoughts on game text....
    FWIW....

Yoda, Jedi Master:
    {same lore and stats}
    Deploys only to Coruscant or to any site or vehicle where 3 Clonetroopers are present. When armed with a lightsaber, defense value +3 and adds 2 to each duel or lightsaber combat destiny draw. May not carry any weapon that is not a lightsaber. Immune to attrition.

Padme Amidala, Former Queen:
    {No Senator. This is Padme in hiding, using the picture you have.}
    Anakin deploys for free to same site. Twice per game, may deploy Anakin or (I) Obi-Wan here from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. Immune to Sniper and attrition < 5 when present with Anakin or Obi-Wan.

Padme Amidala, Naboo Senator
    {This one has the lore you wrote, but a different picture.}
    Destiny 2
    Power 3 Ability 4 Politics 4
    Deploy 4 Forfeit 6
    Agendas: order, peace. If you just moved Amidala to Galactic Senate from a Docking Bay, retrieve 1 Force. While at Galacitc Senate, immune to attrition, adds one battle destiny there and Sanity and Compassion may not flip. Politics=0 when present with Palpatine, Emperor, Sidious or Nute.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    RB- could you e-mail me those mac fonts? I believe I only have the standard Helvetica font.

Also, make sure to post links to those (and fiture dream cards) in the expansion project thread, that way everything to be refrenced is in the same thread.

6. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Great suggestions for pic and text changes. Also 2ndQuest... I'll need your e-mail address in order to send you the fonts. I don't have the ability (don't know how perhaps) to post them on my site. Just getting used to using it. I will reference this thread in the original thread later this evening as well.

Zam, Jango and that special accessory card should be up on the site later this evening. I do think you guys are going to like em!

Restrainingbolt

7. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Jango Fett with Dual Blasters (a la 2ndQuest), Zam Wessel and Zam's Macrobinoculars are UP!

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum4.html

Restrainingbolt

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    my e-mail is quest32681@aol.com

9. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Will do Red84! :) Sorry.

Restrainingbolt

10. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    New Padme Naberrie, Senator posted along with, "The Parties Over," Mace Windu! ;) Thanks for the game text on the revised Padme, Artie-Deco. I''ve got a Mace with lightsaber ready to go but would appreciate input on card text.

Restrainingbolt

11. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    About Zam's ability to 'morph' into opponant's character, which is pretty useful, it isn't really possible.

In Gamer 10, it says that Clawdites can change into a species type, but cannot change into specific persons. So, if you want to take this into account, a more plausible ability would be to "'morph' into an opponent's non-unique, non-droid character" So Zam would be able to 'morph' into an Ortolian, but couldn't 'morph' into Max Rebo.

12. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Great suggestion... I'll relay that information to my son. He's a darkside person and those are his images_cards. Thing is we won't be back at the office until Tuesday, so we probably won't be able to make any chances until then. :) My high resolution files are on my workstation at work. Might get tempted to go in on a holiday weekend, however! It's hard to write game text without background information. At least Decipher designers were privey to that information.

Working together we can make cards that at least make sense from an accuracy point of view. Now, balancing the expansion with repect to light and darkside from a play testing point of view, is entirely another matter all together.

Restrainingbolt

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, what's stopping us from comming up with Light/Dark side non-unique 'Clawdite' cards, as well as a Light Side unique Clawdite character?

14. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    MD...if you'd like to work up game text on these, that'd be great. Question is where do you find the pics. If you know where there are any let me know. I don't believe there were any of that species in the movie other than Zam.

Restrainingbolt

PS: Red 84, any chance you can move the posts in the locked thread, "AOTC CCG Preview Card #1 (Ben Kenobi_Jedi Knight)," to the beginning of the posts in this thread?

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, Clawdites can morph into specific people..in the Zam Wesell graphic novel she turns herself into the Dug that had "middle-man"ed a deal with Jango in the Jango Fett graphic novel, whose employer they were trying to locate.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Oooh! Canon discrepency!!!

Which is more canon, Star Wars Gamer magazine or Dark Horse Comics? Great question! Uh, Bib, could you help us out?

Also, about Clawdite pictures.... Decipher did some really neat things when it came to new characters. For the non-unique clawdites, we could take a shot of Zam when her skin went pack to normal and morph it with a picture of some other person. For the LS unique Clawdite, all you need it a character, like a Rodian, and in the lore, say that this Clawdite's species of choice is Rodians. (in Gamer, it said that Zam's species of choice was Human Female)

17. Sithlord119

Sithlord119 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    I will post this here I guess I looked at your cards and here are my thoughts.

Yoda may move elsewhere can be removed
    may deploy only to corusant or same site as 2 clone troopers. Cannot be targeted by force lightning.

Obi-Wan power +1 at same site as a Bounty Hunter (+2 if Zam or Jango).

Mace lore need jedi Council member
    Deploy +2 to any site other than Jedi Council Chamber or Geonosis Arena.

Senator Padme remove the politics = 0 when with Emperor or Palpatine (he is suposed to be helping her) leave the thing with nute (nice touch)

Padme Naberrie Fromer Queen. Too redundant same as episode 1 Padme to an extent. I think you should change it to something like (II) Anakin deploys -2 at same site. While present with Anakin or Obi-Wan may not be targeted by weapons, Immune to attrition <3 (<5 at same site as Anakin or Obi-Wan).
    second version is not very good compared to the first version.

Jango With Dual Blasters
    Lore I'm just a simple Man trying to make his way in the universe
    Too weak make him power 5 or 6. Otherwise he is nicley balanced.

Zam hmmm where to start SHE IS BANE MALAR with armor
    we never seen her change into anything except her true form so I would stay away from the whole changling thing. Increase power to 3 ability fine as is Armor I would reduce to 3 her suit does not look like it povides much protection.

Zam's Macrobinoculars Fine the way they are.

I am sorry if any comments seem harsh but I have spent alot of time on my cards and trying to come up with original game texts and wording cards exactly I have come to expect alot from myself and well some times I expect things from others. I will ask in this thread as well does anyone know a good place for Aotc pics I am running low for my next expasnion.

18. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I've posted my LOTR's_Star Wars templates for those who might be interested in having fun with them. I will be posting the lightside Fellowship template during the week. I don't have that file on my drive at home so it's going to have to wait.

E_Greyshadow, I've given you credit on the site for the Minion card design. If there's a problem in my posting it, please let me know and I'll take them down.

R'Bolt

19. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Site updated again this morning with a darkside vehicle template, and a slew of additional in process card images. I still need to image process the images ...their saturation, tonal quality etc can be improved.

My son is asking for technical help with the names of Fetts Blaster, for example manufacturer Blastech E11 blaster rifle. Does anyone know if they've come out with an essential guide that includes Episode 2?

R'Bolt

20. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    On Senator Padme's "Politics=0" text...

I thought Palpatine would make Padme's politics=0 because he always seems to manipulate her to his own ends. And from a gameplay perspective, this keeps Padme and Palpatine from taking complete control of the Senate together.

Emperor would make her politics=0 because I'm assuming Senator and Emperor are the same person. :) Besides, he's the Emperor! You know, the one who "swept away" the "last remnants of the Old Republic"? :)

On the Former Queen...

Yeah, it's similar to Padme Naberrie, but your suggestion preventing her from being targeted is similar to Theed Palace Queen, y'know. ;)

I made them similar on purpose, though. Tatooine Padme pulls (I) Obi-Wan, this Padme pulls (II) Anakin. (By the way, I should have written "Twice per game, may deploy Anakin or (II) Obi-Wan".) And I thought immunity to Sniper was a nice touch.

And don't worry, I don't take any comments personally. Feedback is always welcome! :)

21. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    do you really think that ob1 and mace are more powerfull then yoda??? Also why did you name ob1 ben???

Make new podracer cards please (you do see a race on the screen in the bar). I know this one doesn't fit into AOTC but can you make a young anakin?

22. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Are your cards in a print size so you can print them and put into sleeves?

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    they will be, and sone of the ones you'll find in these threads already are

24. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    RestrainingBolt, they do indeed have an Episode II Visual Dictionary:

Visual Dictionary

I have yet to buy it, due to $$$ problems (Too many figures purchased lately), but I have flipped through it at Barnes & Noble, and it has a section on Jango and his armor/weapons. It should have the information you seek.

25. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Iwjev, some of the later pics I've posted are in print size, Mace, Anakin, Palpatine. I will convert most of the earlier ones to that size in the not to distant future. All new pics I post will be in the correct size for outputting. Let me know if they output correctly. If not I can try and adjust them.

With respect to a young anakin... perhaps. There's a lot to make for E2 and they're going to get priority. Podracers should be easy to do. You might want to try downloading some of the templates from my site and give it a shot yourself! :) Getting pics for E1 material should be pretty easy.

Jirin_Raman, thanks for the info on the book. I think we'll pick it up. Going to need background information.

My son is about ready to post a Lord Tyranus card. Hopefully he'll have it up later tonight. Let us know what you think.

Restrainingbolt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.