main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RE-CAST! Star Wars: Episode I

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sengoku, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sengoku

Sengoku Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2012
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….

STAR WARS has been re-cast! Stripped from their own timelines and thrust into the roles of iconic characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, Padme Amidala and more, characters from various sources of fiction are now central to the storyline of one of the greatest Sci-Fi epics of our time! Imagine a world where anything is possible and even the slightest differences could mean changing an entire species central to the history of STAR WARS!

Players are encouraged to be creative with their choices but must also remember that while there are major and minor characters absolutely no one’s character will be forgotten in the least! If you feel that you are being left out, please jump in somewhere! As long as it doesn’t interfere too much with other characters (I.E. battles, epic monologues, things of that nature) then I see no problem why your character couldn’t be off with another group somewhere. Just remember that if you are on Naboo at the time and everything is happening on Tatooine, you can’t mystically appear there beside the others. If you take a ship to get there however, that is perfectly alright.

Certain aspects of the universe will also affect characters. When the group first meets Anakin Skywalker, he is but a boy at the time. Therefore, any character that ends up taking the place of young Anakin would be at that age. An example of this would be using Kakashi Hatake (Naruto). Young Kakashi would now be nine years old in the first game, aging as the games progress.

Other aspects that change would be names. Characters wouldn’t be called by their scripted names in Star Wars, instead being referred to as their true names. Using the same previous example, Obi-Wan would train young Kakashi to become a Jedi Knight. Kakashi would become Darth Vader. Kakashi would be the father of Luke and Leia (or whomever their counterparts are!)

Finally, species would greatly be affected. There are many alien races in Star Wars and we see them frequently with humans as the minority. This is fine! If Jar Jar Binks is replaced by the Hulk, then the entirety of the Gungan race would be Hulk-like aliens. If Chewbacca were to be replaced by Darkwing Duck, then consider the Wookiee race to be duck-like from then on!

RULES
    1) When choosing your character, Make sure to list their name as they appear in their original show/comic/etc first with the character that they will be replacing in the story in parentheses. Example: Vegeta (Emperor Palpatine)
    2) Keep things simple yet fun. While it is great to imagine Superman in the role of Han Solo, we can’t have him vaporizing Darth Vader with his heat vision in Cloud City or busting free of his carbonite prison before Leia has a chance to rescue him.

3) If you are unfamiliar with the storyline of Star Wars (which happens believe it or not!) don’t worry! Your fellow players will help guide you and I as your Game Master will do the same! Just feel free to ask Out Of Character in the thread or elsewhere so we can get you back on track.

4) Don’t steal the spotlight! This kind of ties into #2, but keep this in mind: yes you are the Hulk. Yes, Hulk can smash. Hulk cannot smash everything without getting into trouble. If the other players are at a story-centric part of the game (Yoda training Luke on Dagobah) then Hulk had better not smash Luke’s X-wing… bad Hulk.

5) Have fun!That is what this game is for, so please have lots of it and spread it around! I would love to see a variety of characters from other movies/books/cartoons/etc taking the roles of these characters! So what are you waiting for?! Get those characters in!

Random Comments likes this.
  2. Sengoku

Sengoku Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2012
    What some (or most) of you may have been waiting for: the character sheet!

Name: (What is their name?)
    Taking the place of: (Who are they taking the place of in Star Wars?)
    Franchise: (Anime? Television? Literature?)
    Image or description: (Have an image to post of them or the most accurate representation)
    Age: (In relation to the character they are replacing. Some characters may be older or younger depending)
    Bio: (Their history before their assumed assimilation into the Star Wars Universe)

And for those of you who may need an example:
    Name: Rick Grimes​
    Taking the place of: Qui-Gon Jinn​
    Franchise: The Walking Dead​
    Image or description:
    [​IMG]
    Age: Roughly in his sixties (in comparison to Rick's mid-thirties)​
    Bio: Rick worked as a King County Sheriff's Department deputy in King County, Georgia, along with his partner and long-time best friend, Shane Walsh. Wounded in the line of duty, he was in a coma when the apocalypse occurred. When he awoke alone, he set off in search of his wife Lori and young son Carl, and along the way discovered what happened to the world.​

Rick is an every-man—smart, calm, just, a good friend and father—but will often stubbornly cling to his personal strong moral code, which has numerous times resulted in bad calls and stress within the group. In contrast to Shane, he is also a natural leader—a fact that caused frequent tension between the two.​

The following is a list of available characters to be cast for this game, and hopefully if interest remains the characters can continue over into the subsequent games! Please note that not all of these character positions need to be filled in order to start.

QUI-GON JINN :: RICK GRIMES (Sengoku)
    OBI-WAN KENOBI :: (open)
    PADME AMIDALA :: (open)
    ANAKIN SKYWALKER :: (open)
    PALPATINE :: (open)
    JAR JAR BINKS :: (open)
    SHMI SKYWALKER :: (open)
    DARTH MAUL :: (open)
    C-3PO :: (open)
    R2-D2 :: (open)
    NUTE GUNRAY :: (open)
    CAPTAIN PANAKA :: (open)
    WATTO :: (open)
    SEBULBA :: (open)
    YODA :: (open)
    MACE WINDU :: (open)
    FINIS VALORUM :: (open)
    BOSS NASS :: (open)

Random Comments likes this.
  3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    What about characters that did not appear but would appear in later movie Episodes, such as Count Dooku? He would be a Jedi Master in Ep1, hanging around the Temple and being a moonsize headache for the Council and Senate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sengoku

Sengoku Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2012
    I would say that characters that appear in later Episodes (AotC, RotS, etc) would be cast when that particular game gets underway. I could cast them now, but that would depend on exactly how long Episode 1 would take to play through and if those characters were possibly going to be around later. If you want to play Dooku and have no problem with him fitting into Episode 1, I don't see a problem with it.

5. SatoKasra52

SatoKasra52 Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2010
    GM APPROVED

Name: Urdnot Wrex
    Taking the place of: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Franchise: Mass Effect
    Image or description: [​IMG] (Might have to open the image in a new tab if it doesn't show)
    Bio: "Born into Clan Urdnot, Wrex quickly gained fame for his prowess in battle. He became a leader of one of the smaller Urdnot tribes while still a youth – the youngest Krogan to be granted the honor in a thousand years. After the Krogan Rebellions ended, most remaining krogan tribes wanted to continue fighting despite the genophage and its devastating effect on their ability to reproduce. The most influential voice calling for a return to arms was one of the few warlords to survive the war, Wrex's father Jarrod.
    Wrex had different ideas. He believed that the krogan didn't have the numbers to go to war, and even if they did, the genophage ensured they couldn't replenish their numbers quickly enough. Instead of battle, he led his tribe to focus on breeding, for at least one generation, and called for other tribes to follow. Gradually other krogan tribes began to come around to Wrex's ideas. This angered the Warlord Jarrod, who decided to arrange a Crush (a meeting on neutral ground) with all of the tribes. Wrex, sensing it was a trap, reluctantly agreed. He explains this to Shepard by saying "when your father invites you to a Crush, well, there are some laws even we hold sacred."
    Wrex and his best warriors met with Jarrod's group in the krogan ancestral burial grounds called the Hollows, a holy place among the krogan where violence is forbidden. When it became clear to Jarrod that Wrex wouldn't agree with him, he signaled his men. They leapt from their hiding places and ambushed Wrex's warriors, cutting them down. Wrex managed to escape the ambush, but not before sinking his knife deep into Jarrod's chest. With his father's betrayal Wrex's eyes were opened to the truth about the krogan: most would rather die in battle than try to rebuild their society. Realizing the proud warrior culture that once valued courage, strength, and honor – values embodied by the Krogan Monument – had now been reduced to glorifying pointless violence, Wrex turned his back on the rest of the krogan and left.
    Over the past three centuries, he has served no master but himself; working as a bodyguard, mercenary, soldier of fortune, and bounty hunter. Wrex has had some interesting adventures — including an encounter with a fellow merc named Aleena – and he was even hired briefly by Saren Arterius to raid a volus cargo ship, though Wrex didn't realise who the turian was until he met Shepard. Tales of his exploits have even made it as far as the quarian Flotilla. Even after many travels, there is little in the galaxy that can still surprise him. Despite his brutish appearance, Wrex rarely loses his temper. The mere threat of his anger is usually enough to get what he wants. When his fury is unleashed, however, it is a truly terrifying sight. He doesn't speak often, but when he does his words are direct and often shockingly blunt — that tends to get people to listen." - Mass Effect Wiki

6. FionnaTehHeroine

FionnaTehHeroine Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2012
    GM APPROVED
    Name: Jareth the Goblin King
    Taking the place of: Palpatine
    Franchise: Jim Henson’s Labyrinth
    Image or description: [​IMG]
    “Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one. Your eyes can be so cruel, just as I can be so cruel. Padme, go back to Naboo. Play with your politics and costumes. Forget about Anakin. I have turned the galaxy upside down and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations. Isn't that generous? How you turn my world, you precious thing. “
    Age: Unknown, looks to be in his late 30s. Though his position as Goblin King ceases his ability to age.
    Bio: Jareth is the Goblin King of The Labyrinth, a vast kingdom within another realm. Though the monarch of the goblins, Jareth actually is not a goblin himself, and he appears human, and quite handsome by most human standards, though he could also be a fey. His powers include the ability to form crystal orbs in his hands, which can create illusions of all types or to view things from a distance. Jareth is also a master of disguise; he can transform into a barn owl. Jareth resents his position as Goblin King and yearns for a different life.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  7. Sengoku

Sengoku Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2012
    GM ANNOUNCEMENT TO PLAYERS AND POTENTIAL PLAYERS:
    Don't take this as a sign that it is too late to sign up, but SatoKasra52 and myself have decided to just get a starter post up so others can get an idea of how this game will play out. We've taken the opening scene for Episode 1 and added a few things here and there, not completely omitting the role of NUTE GUNRAY or anyone of the sort, so he is still available for play!
    And without further ado... AN OPENING POST!

Rick Grimes, Urdnot Wrex

Naboo Orbit, Trade Federation Battleship, Conference Room

I hope you most honoured sirs will be most comfortable here. My master will be with you shortly.”

The droid bowed before the two Jedi, Rick giving a slight sigh as the doors closed behind it. He made his way to the open viewport, gazing down at the lush green planet of Naboo below. He wondered if perhaps the Trade Federation could be reasoned with and without unnecessary bloodshed on either side. Rick was a man of peace, but could be swiftly drawn to action should the need arise. Despite it all, the prevailing sense of unease flitted through the air like a wounded mynock as he turned to his padawan Urdnot Wrex, who seemed to be slightly more tense than one would expect from a Jedi.

"I don't like this." Wrex said suddenly.

Rick blinked. "What?"

"I just have a bad feeling about this. I can feel it in my quad."

"Focus, Wrex. Just concentrate on what we're doing now." Rick tried to reassure his friend, offering a pat on the shoulder and a smile.

"It is just, nevermind, negotiations always end bad. At least, when I am involved they do." Wrex turned to look out at the emptiness of space anticipating the inevitable.

Rick tried not to grimace. "You're referring to that one time? With those Twi'lek slavers? There was no reasoning with them, you should have been able to sense that."

"The only reasoning I had to do was with my gun. Besides, they seemed as if they would hold up their deal for the most part. Then again, you can't trust slavers, especially ones with tentacles comin' out of their heads." Wrex turned to look at his Master. "Besides, the Trade Federation seems a little off. I can just feel it."

"They're all cowards, especially the Viceroy." Rick said with a resolute nod. "Though honestly, I think the slavers treated us better." Grimes pointed to the vents as a thick green smoke began to billow out, ominously proving that Wrex's suspicions were right to begin with.

"I want to say I told you so but I won't be able to enjoy it with your weak immune system ruining the moment." Wrex looked straight at the door and ignited his lightsaber. Quickly moving toward the door Wrex started to cut a ring out of it. Then, once the ring was made, backed up and charged shoulder first into the center of it, knocking it to the ground revealing a squad of surprised Battle Droids.

Rick covered his mouth with his sleeve and followed his padawan's lead, igniting his emerald green saber and following the smoky trail of his Krogan companion. The Jedi Master cleaved through a pair of droids, quickly deflecting the blaster bolts that were headed to the hump of the large alien. "You're too big of a target, Wrex. What would you do if you didn't have me watching your back?" Rick smirked as he stood back to back with the Krogan, returning some blasterfire to the last few remaining droids to cause them to fall to the ground in metallic heaps.

"I would turn around!" Wrex yelled as he cleaved a Battle Droid in half and blasted a droid with his shotgun in his off-hand. "Bound to be more of these metal targets somewhere." Wrex said as two Droidekas appeared, unfolding and raising their shields. "Run!" Wrex yelled to his Master as he charged down the hallway with his Master following closely behind.

Rick deflected a blaster shot into a nearby terminal, quickening his pace with use of the Force. He moved slightly faster than his heavy companion, turning down a hallway that lead towards the bridge. The heavy doors were closed tight, leaving Rick no other option. The Jedi thrust his glowing blade into the door, trying to emulate what his padawan had done during their predicament in the conference room.

"How do you think the negotiations are going so far, Wrex?" Rick asked, the bit of sarcasm lacing his words as he continued to grind his saber through the door. The heavier blast doors closed on his saber as well as the Droidekas from earlier had caught up to them.

"I told you so!" Wrex said with a laugh, clearly enjoying the fighting. He charged towards one Droideka, shouldered it and slammed it right into the floor, exploding its pieces across the hall. The other Droideka raised its shield generator, opening fire on the Krogan. Rick swore under his breath and used the Force to push Wrex to the ground before the blasterfire could cause too much damage. Some likely made contact with the Krogan's thick skin, but even Wrex knew that blasterfire hurt no matter how thick your skin was.

"We have to go! NOW!" The Jedi Master went to the Krogan's side, helping him up as the Droideka fired around them.

"Got it!" He replied, following his Master down one of the Hallways into what appeared to be a Hangar Bay. Pulling his Master behind some crates, Wrex said in a gruff whisper, "I don't think we were going to be on the winning side of that negotiation there, Master. They seem to have been preparing to win it from the moment we docked."

Rick took a look around the hangar, thanking the Force that his padawan was quite perceptive when it came to matters of deception and war. "I agree. It's an unusual move for the Trade Federation. In any case, we have to warn the Naboo and contact the Chancellor." Rick had to take a few moments to devise a plan, before giving Wrex a pat on his hump.

"They'll find us if we stick together. Probably best if we split up." Rick eyed the dropships that were bound for the planet’s surface, rubbing the scruff on his chin thoughtfully. "Separate ships?"

"You had me at hijacking." Wrex grinned as he moved to one of the droid transports and stowed away inside one of the tanks, huddling up in a corner of the interior of it waiting to strike planetside.

Rick shook his head and took a final look around the hangar at the droid invasion force before he selected one of the droid carriers as his mode of transportation. He bid the force to be with his padawan and himself as he stowed away inside the massive troop carrier. Thankfully enough, the droids were in a mode of inactivity which played in Rick's favor.

In moments, the Jedi were on their way to Naboo in a most unconventional manner...

TAG: Anyone on Naboo, possibly a Gungan or some droids?

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Is this still happening? The Game Masters haven't been on....

9. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I was wondering the same thing. I like the concept, but don't want to submit a character if the game's D.O.A.

10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I've already tried to submit a character, but I'm getting no response.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Considering the GM was last seen October 15th, I'll be locking this unless I get a request to the contrary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.