main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Welcome To The New Board!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Bacabachaui, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, this past year and a half has been a busy one in the Star Wars card gaming world. The Star Wars card gaming community has evolved and changed in many ways. To meet these changes Red84 and myself have felt that it was time to have separate boards in the JC forums for the Decipher and WotC games.

More than just a brand identity, the games are very different in scope and nature, and in many ways have separate fan bases. It just seemed logical as time passed that each game should have it's own forum where players of the games can more easily discuss things such as strategy, game mechanics, deck ideas, expansion sets, and more, specific to their game. Those that play and enjoy both games can of course continue to post in each board.

So we are pleased to announce the creation of this new discussion board for the Star Wars Trading Card game produced by Wizards of the Coast. Feel free to start posting and recreating threads over here that were previously on the other board.

Welcome all!

Bacabachaui

2. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Yay! first post of new board (you don't count Baca.) This suprised me when I saw that things had changed. But it is more than likely for the best.

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I suppose I'm second then?

:D

4. katha

katha Jedi Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    hehe this spliting thing seems to be a trend in the boards that I frequent... is it me? ;)

5. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I think it has more to do with -_-_-_-_-_- because we're unsure how to pronounce that and we just go nuts. :D

6. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    it isn't a real perons, -_-_-_- is a computer viris that lives at the JC.

7. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    huh, i go away for a few hours and this happens!! aaaah!!

So are we gunna set up the Jedi Guardians thread yet, or continue with the BOY one?

8. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    We should set up a new one.

9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Good luck on this board split?

10. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Its good so far.

11. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Now everyone needs to go recruit 5 people each. :D

12. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    recruit 5 people?? great, but i wanna know, why were we booted from the board to this one, why didnt we boot them to a new forum?

13. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, that board has been around for years for the CCG until we invaded it in January 2002. Plus we weren't booted. Don't you think it's nice to have our own place to talk?

14. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    yea i suppose but its kinda empty, how many people here post often?

15. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    About 8-12 regulars and I have been seeing some new names pop up. I think there have been a lot of lurkers. Maybe the new forum will make peope more comfortable?

Personally, even though the environment in the CCG forum was much better than about a year ago, I still always felt like we were invading it. The last 6 months or so we were all doing well, but I think more will start participating with our own board.

16. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Heh I didn't even know there was a game board...I've been sticking to just fan force boards. I've played a bit of Young Jedi wanted to get into Jedi Knights but didn't have many people interested in doing that one but then I got into the TCG and I really like it. It is a bit different than deciphers games.

17. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    yea is a bit easier then deciphers games, opinion when deciding wether its better or worse.

And i hope the lurkers come out to post, i need more opinions!!!

18. Ketricel

Ketricel Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    well i have now officialy invaded the new TFN boards. i was never really a fan of the old setup cause 1/2 the posts were CCG related and I didnt really care. But now that the TCG has its own site expect me to become a regular.

19. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    That's why we did it :)

I hope many more of you will start posting here.

20. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Does that mean i can post more??

21. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    >yea is a bit easier then deciphers games,
    >opinion when deciding wether its better or worse.

I think that this game starts out really easy but as we gt more expansions I think it might turn as complicated as the SW CCG. But I started on this one at the beginning so it won't be nearly as intimidating as the game progrosses and I welcome all the new rules :) .

22. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    yea i was from the beginning too, i tried to pick up deciphers game halfway through but i didnt play with some of the more complicated cards, like objectives or epic events, it was a classic though.

23. JustSaber

JustSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Hi guys (and girls :))! Pretty cool that as soon as I start playing this game, TF.N starts a seperate forum for it. Now all my questions can be answered by ppl more knowledgable than my self!!! Btw, if I start playing in a DCI tourney, will they help me learn some of rules that I don't understand at the moment? Another words, can I start playing now, or should I wait until I completely comprehend the rules? I don't want to be banned from the tournaments. Thanks!

24. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Most tournament settings they are very friendly and will help you with rules clarifications. In my case, the Tournament Director does not even really know all the rulings and often asks other players or has to check the website, so no one will ban you for not knowing something.

25. JustSaber

JustSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.