main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Reading - York Group(s)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    In order to keep the enthusiasm and participation of the members of this group and ease the burden of traveling, the Reading-York FF Group will return to its former status of being two separate groups.

This will go into affect immediately as our RSA is currently creating a new Reading Board & York Board.

This will allow members to remain local and travel less to monthly meetings, in the long run creating stronger groups individually, instead of members not being able to travel and make meetings, resulting in a weaker group combined.

This by no means was an easy decision, however due to the overwhelming requests, we as Leaders look to go beyond our own preferences to better serve our members.

Please take the time to PM either:

Myself (JediSoccerDad) if you choose to remain in the Reading FF Group

Or

Dave (Rebel_Spook) if you choose to remain in the York FF Group

This way we each have a count and will be able to go forward with a May Meeting.

On a personal note, I want to wish Dave & all members that remain in the York Group the best of luck!

2. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Are the current threads and posts going to migrate to a new board or are we starting fresh with a new group board for each? I assume the Reading group is still planning for the May 12th Meeting as well? We appreciate your efforts in all this Rob.

-x

3. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    It will be a fresh board. So we will be reposting most of these Topics on it. Hopefully, this will be done today sometime.

Yes, the Reading Group will be going forward with its Meeting on the 12th.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I know there's a mod feature that you can move threads to other boards. I don't want to step on the RSA's toes here, since this is their territory, but that seems like the best option unless you would rather start fresh.

Rob, I also expressed my feelings regarding this to you over PM. Although I don't entirely agree with it, I wish both groups the best of luck. :)

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Something about starting off fresh & on a 'new foot' appeals to me [face_thinking] , especially since the Boards will be specific to the indiidual Groups.

As for the decision, I'm not going to belabor the issues, but rather look toward the future & hopeful success of both the Reading, FF Group & the York, FF Group! :cool:

6. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I know it couldn't have been an easy call but I agree it's probably for the best. We are just too geographically spread out. There is really nothing to stop anyone from participating with both groups I think/hope. In any case, a fresh start is usually good.

-x

7. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I guess I have to be nice.
    Yes, good luck York group, hope everything works out well. Sorry we had to part company like this it was such a shame blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

8. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Do you smell that? It's sarcasm.

9. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Bad Stacy.

:::smacks him with rolled up newspaper:::

Bad Stacy.

-x

10. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Smacked? smacked ? Why the whole thing reeks of censorship, why the very thought of being smacked for my opinion, or was it fact? I can never remember. I mean if I said it, isn't it pretty much fact? I'm so confused. It must have been all that driving in the wrong direction. I promised myself I wouldn't get worked up. Be still my heart. I also saw that spring practice has started for college football, well all I can say is Go Navy, beat Army.
    I feel much better now. Ahhh subtlety is such a lost art.

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Now children, be nice.. [face_shame_on_you]

I'd like this split to be as amicable as possible.

12. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I know this Child was behaving, I don't wish any ill on the york GROUP. I think that since this is a hobby it should be fun, let's keep it that way. None of us need to get bent out of shape, unless you are a contortionist or other circus freak. I do look forward to moving... ummm... forward, and stuff. We all have different personalities, which is usually a good thing for a group, but sometimes it doesn't work out. What's best for the greater number is what's important here. As Spock would say (just before he dies) The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the one. And I am gonna shut up before I say anything less than positive.

:::Smacks Stacy with rolled up newspaper again for good measure(and it's fun):::

-x

13. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I don't wish ill will, but I'm not really the politically correct type.

14. Patches37

Patches37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2007
    being politically correct is for school girls and facists!

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    You're right!!!!!! I look horrible in a skirt.

16. Patches37

Patches37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2007
    ...and that only raises more questions...

17. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Yes, but none that I feel comfortable answering. Perhaps if I put on show tunes I'd feel better.

18. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Your wife would laugh at you...

MORE

-x

19. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Laugh? No, MY WIFE would find the video recorder............lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.