main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Rebel Costuming Group Meeting: 9/15

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by PunkJr, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    The Seattle Rebel costuming group, Alpha Base, will have it's 3rd meeting at 6pm on Sunday, September 15.

Location is Starbucks in Capital Hill, 1600 E. Olive Way. It is a large store with room enough to pull some tables together. It also has it's own parking lot, though carpooling would still be a good thing.

Agenda items?? Share here what you want to talk about or bring ideas with you to the meeting....
    Continued from last month: Domain Name,
    Events (Walk for Hope, hospital visit, SSWS halloween party)

DIRECTIONS:

from the North: Take your best route to I-5 southbound
    Merge onto I-5 (South)
    At I-5 Exit 166, turn off onto Ramp
    Continue (South) on Stewart St
    Turn LEFT (East) onto (E) Denny Way
    Bear LEFT (North) onto E Olive Way
    Arrive Starbucks Capitol Hill [1600 E Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98102]

From the South: Take your best route to I-5 northbound
    Merge onto I-5 (North)
    At I-5 Exit 166, turn off onto Ramp
    Bear RIGHT (East) onto (E) Olive Way
    Arrive Starbucks Capitol Hill [1600 E Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98102]

If you want an actual map, email Jedi Kai at jedikai -at- attbi -dot- com Yahoogroups didn't allow the attachment as the document was too large.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll post this on the main FanForce page for you.

3. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Thank you thank you!

4. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Ah, PunkJr beat me to it. Thanks for copying the post here. I just remembered and came here prepared to paste it into a new message.

Thanks also to MaraJade for announcing us on the Force.net!

5. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    Here's the agenda as of Friday night:

Domain Name: Kr0nk had suggested we can purchase our www.alphabase

Patches

Activities/Events:
    October 6, Walk for Hope, Marymoor Park, Redmond.

SSWS Halloween party (possible update)

Orycon table: Portland, Nov 22-24

Other Business

Next Meeting:

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I've posted a reminder about the meeting on the main page of FanForce, and also on the main page for the Pacific Region.

7. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    Here's the minutes of the meeting:

Domain Name: Kr0nk had suggested we can purchase our www.alphabase.??? One of the domain names still available is the .org At one point he?d found a place that would only charge $5 per month but others could be as high as $15. If it?s $5/mo, there was consensus for members to chip in and pay for a year. However, if it?s more, we may have to look at some fundraising. We agreed to discuss and brainstorm fundraising ideas on the message board.

Patches: Corran has found a place that will do 3 inch diameter patches for $1.19 per patch, with a minimum order of 100. Kr0nk has the high resolution version of the Alpha Base graphic. JediKai will coordinate with Corran to place the order.

Activities/Events:
    October 6, Walk for Hope, Marymoor Park, Redmond. Mirax indicated that we will need to register as a group of at least 10. That means all the entry forms and minimum suggested donation of $25 must be to her by September 25. She has forms. Check should be made out to City of Hope. We will gather at 9am to walk the 5k, in costume, as a group.

SSWS Halloween party: nothing new to report

Orycon table: Portland, Nov 22-24: There might be 8 or so AlphaBase members planning to attend Orycon. It was agreed that JediKai would send in the registration form for the (free) table. Another message thread will be started on the board to discuss arrangements such as staffing the table, room sharing at the Con hotel, etc. JediKai will transport display items and coordinate the table.

Other Business
    Rebel Legion: Kr0nk read a reply to his initial email from one of the Rebel Legion officers. Discussion followed.

Next Meeting: There will be a brief meeting at the November birthday party to finalize plans for Orycon. There will not be an October meeting as we have 2 events next month.

Parking at Starbucks was very crowded. We decided we would give South Center Mall Food court a try for a business meeting at an as yet to be determined date. This would need to start a little earlier, at 5:30pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.