main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Red Tails 2nd Trailer and Poster

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    EXCLUSIVE: 'Red Tails' Trailer And Poster Fly Online
    Posted 4 hrs ago by Josh Wigler in Hot Stuff, News, Posters, Trailers

[image=http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/red_tails_poster-550x813.jpg]

Until the last man, they'll fight ? so say they all in the new trailer for "Red Tails," the World War II aerial combat drama from producer George Lucas.

An earlier "Red Tails" trailer arrived online late last month, and today, we've got an exclusive first look at the movie's latest trailer, as well as a brand new poster for the film. Watch the trailer in the video above, and click past the jump to see the latest poster!

In "Red Tails," moviegoers are offered the chance to look back at an important slice of American history with the moving true story of the Tuskegee Airmen, a collection of segregated black pilots who were given second-rate planes and deadly missions after being shipped out to combat during World War II. But despite their hand-me-down supplies and their dangerous assignments, the Tuskegee men literally and figuratively rose to the occasion time and time again in the blood soaked skies of the second world war.

"Red Tails" boasts an all-star cast with its talented roster including Oscar-nominated actor and former "Iron Man" hero Terrence Howard, "Breaking Bad" badass Bryan Cranston, Oscar winner Cuba Gooding Jr, Method Man, Ne-Yo and Nate Parker. The movie is directed by "Treme's" Anthony Hemingway and godfathered by George Lucas, the "Star Wars" mastermind who has had his vision for "Red Tails" in development for over two decades now. It looks like good things come to those who wait, based on the new trailer and ? as you can see below ? the latest poster for the movie.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    That poster is spectacular. The new trailer is good as well, really plays up the action aspects of the film. I really love seeing the LucasFilm marketing machine generating this kind of buzz.

3. Thegoat

Thegoat Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    Love the poster! =D= Based on the trailer, the movie looks very promising. If nothing else, it will be an incredible spectacle to see on the big screen!

4. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    That's one of the best modern movie posters I have seen in a while.

5. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    The dogfights in this movie are going to be INCREDIBLY GOOD! Think star wars x-wing vs. TIE but on crack! Remember george and ILM have ALWAYS loved dogfights since the 70's. ILM did perl harbor and that was a big deal FX wise at the time.

Its a really good cast too so i think this movie will do very well and get lucas some much overdue praise. Thats what i think.

also: i hope sam l jackson at least has a quick walk on part:p

6. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    [image=http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/RedTails_poster.jpg]

7. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    If that happens, not only won't I see it, I'll report the film to just about every pain in the arse organisation concerned with raising hell over Hollywood studios portraying minorities in a degrading or condescending light, then have a good chuckle while LFL begs the world for forgiveness. Just for kicks.

Samuel L Jackson sucks. Didn't belong in TPM, & with his Hollywood profile, he certainly doesn't belong in this latest effort, unless LFL only wants to make this some sort of condescending, insincere attempt at justifying over a century of racism in cinema with a "Black Top Gun".