main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Regal Cinema showing of ESB May 21st

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ChewieTitan, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Thanks for reposting, ChewieTitan.

Zepherous: This sounds great. Please post a time (or rough time estimate) for when on Friday. I would definitely like to see it, but I would be coming from work in Brentwood/Nashville. Not sure how long it takes to get there. If Regal decides to do this, please post the address of the theater as well for MapQuest/GPS/GoogleMaps usage. Again, this is a good way to celebrate Episode V. I might have a few friends that may want to see it as well. MTFBWU

3. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    It will take about 90 minutes for you to get there. Give or take 15 minutes. It is not very far away, but when you hit Manchester, you have to get off the highway and it is about 15 minutes off I-24.

I am going to PM the others the link to this thread so they know what is going on. And I am also going to let them know about the meeting. :)

4. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I am working with the manager over at the Regal right now. I have talked to the National Film Institute, and we have to have a license to show it. I have not received word from him today, so it looks like we may know something next week. Its still early yet, but I think if we get enough people together, we could get it going. I am also having trouble getting it on May 21st, due to it being Shrek 4's premiere date. Although, the manager has already said he would do it, as long as he can get it worked out. I am sure to hear something by Monday.

5. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Oh, and I was thinking around 7:30 PM.

6. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    For me, that is perfect because Dan gets off of work in La Vergne at 5 PM. Enough time for him to be back home by then. But I am talking to Tristan about picking him up in Jackson. So if that happens, I could meet Dan in La Vergne with Tristan and get there on time. [face_thinking]

Still need to talk to Dan about that. I live in Beechgrove, about 30 minutes from Tullahoma. About 30 minutes from any civilization, actually. LOL!

I have sent PMs out. If you all know anyone who would be interested in this, let them know, get a commitment from them that they can go. Seriously. We know what night it will be. We need to be able to say that we can get about 30 people to go.

I will check out the costuming groups (401st and Rebel Legion) to see if they have a reasonable amount of people here. I am a part of the Rebel Legion discussion group, not a real member yet. I have not been there in a long time. I know we are the Corellian Region. It is good to see if there is interest there too. Can you imagine stormtroopers at this? LOL! =D=

7. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    The NFI says just to screen the Episode it will cost 2600$. I am trying to get the theater to front the cost. We shall see.

8. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Lucasfilm has been screening it this year for a lot of different charity purposes....like St. Jude's Hospital in Memphis, and others. Not sure how that can help but we are pretty close to Memphis.

This is one of the screenings, but it talks about the charity stuff.
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Harrison_Ford_QA_And_Empire_Screening_130691.asp

I know Harrison Ford is not coming to ours, but still...I don't know. If they can get a copy if the theater can donate part of the proceeds to St. Judes. Maybe Lucasfilm will be generous. I am throwing ideas out now. Because that is a lot of money and unless they plan on selling a lot of popcorn, the ticket price will be a LOT. Unless they show it over the weekend and not just for one showing. And make an event out of it.

Like I said, throwing out ideas. Lucas is not really that hard to work with, right. LOL!

9. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Yea, I've mentioned maybe 20$ per ticket. That would more than exceed the cost of showing it. I am waiting to hear back from him. He's seems cool, so I wouldn't write it off yet. If they advertise it, they can sell it out, no doubt. It's up to the manager now.

10. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    According to my friend that used to work for the Regal theaters, the theater has no control over the right to show the movie at all. Lucas is the only one that can grant that right. Also, which version are you trying to get? Digital copies can be sent and received faster than the original reels.

Movie theaters don't make anything really on the tickets. Their money comes from concession purchases, which explains the charge for popcorn... Lucas can tell the theaters not to allow use of Regal coupons, so the best the management can do is accept the dates if they get to show it at all. Not sure how much they plan to make with it, but the charity link would be a great idea, to boost numbers and help the charity...and maybe make Mr. Lucas give a break. However, if management is happy they will likely make an effort if they can fill the seats and sell some treats. :)

11. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    You are exactly right. It's a special showing, only for a private audience. However, I know the manager personally, and trying to get it done as a favor. He actually would make ALL the money from the tickets, as he only has to pay the 2600$ for the film. I could do it personally, and then charge whatever I want for the tickets. He, as the manager there, would have a greater chance of getting the license to show it. It usually isn't the theater's responsibility; but this is a special instance. I've been all around with it, and this is the best option. I am getting the 1997 Special Edition. It is still in the works, don't loose faith yet. There is still the option of paying the 2600$ and getting the film for everyone.

12. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Oh, I think it is a great idea, and the 1997 version is a good one. The friend that worked for Regal might even come see it with me, and maybe his wife as well and a few others. Perhaps the theater he worked at was paying a lot more to show it since it is a large theater. Seems like a good idea anyway, especially on the exact 30th Anniversary. I'll keep my fingers crossed and do my Jedi meditations to see the movie in our future. MTFBWY!!! :) As soon as we know a date and time for the showing, I'll post it for my Facebook friends to see it. Might have five for you...9 if all the wives want to come to.

13. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    We're in the final stages now. What's our headcount?

14. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    A friend at work said he would take his son and maybe 3 younger kids, so 2 for sure maybe 6 if all kids and his wife goes.

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    If there are 7:30 or later showings, I can make it.

16. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Honestly, we don't have enough people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.