main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Regional Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for their help! It was great to meet everyone! I look forward to seeing and or working with all of you again in the future.

2. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I agree with what Curt said. This event was well organized and everyone was so helpful. I sure had a great time meeting everyone and so did my daughter. I was in my Boushh costume and she was a Jedi Padawan. My daughter also loved the craft events there and showed me all of her magnets that she had made. :)

3. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks Curt and DarthBarbiedoll!

Saying that, I would like to include a special thank you to the 501st Missouri - Kansas 70th Explorers Garrison. You guys just jumped right in and let us put you wherever you were needed and did it with such enthusiasm. I can't speak for the group, but I would love to work with you all again.

Also, if any one hasn't yet, go out and get Betrayal! Mr. Allston was absolutely wonderful to work with. The talk on Fri. night went great and Sat. at Borders was just as great! He is such a wonderful, down to earth guy and so nice. So, not only is Betrayal one of the best reads IMHO, the writer is a great guy!

I would also like to thank my fellow planners, Christina, Dajuan and Mike. We did it guys!! Woooo Hoooo!! Time for sleep. LOL! :p

please excuse any typos and any cross posting as I am going on very little sleep

4. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Frank it was great to meet you. Leash and Christina, DaJuan, Brandon Marcus, and all the rest!
    I kept telling DH, "I finally get to meet them!"

IT was so well worth the wait. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. starjedi9045

starjedi9045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    I already meet Dajuan last Celebration III and we have been little friends for a year I guess. And I guess you have a lot of fun with those guys!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    We had a great time too! Thanks for teaming up with us on the event, it was incredible :D I too would love to team up with you guys and gals again.

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Working with Curt and his group of 501st was an great exprience for me. You guys were the topping on the cake and very helpful. Anytime you want us, let us know!

Thanks everyone!!

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    It was really fun being with you guys again, pulling off an event like this. This is what the FF is about. Aaron Allston is such a great guy, I learned lots of stuff from him. I agree with Leash, Betrayal is one of the best SW reads out there, so GO PICK IT UP. That's an order from your Commander. lol. It was cool meeting people from Iowa, KC, and MN (aka Nyree... ;) ). All in all, I had a great time. Thanks to all. :)

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    FYI, I created some sub-folders in the Photobucket account to keep it organized nicer. If you don't know where your photo will fit just put it in the main folder and it can be moved. If you don't know how to upload to photobucket, let runya or I know and we can either talk you through it or you can send them directly to one of us (email or snail mail). Please label/rename your pics giving either names or discriptions :)

10. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks for Having us. It was fun. I'm about to Crash for the night.

11. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    It was fun Gotta go to work now so I will post much more later!!!

12. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Hey all I just wanted to say thank you for the great time and to my fellow planning committee Leash, and Cristina whom without Dajuan and I could never have pulled this off... and that includes my proposal!!!

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    ahhh! [:D] Your welcome Mike and thank you! And congrats yet again! You two are the cutest couple and have many, many, many happy years ahead of you.

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I wanted to take a minute and thank my partners in crime...Dajuan, Mike and especially Leash, whom I can honestly say made our lives easier. Without Leash making calls, rounding up prizes and keeping me sane, I would have been (more of) a basket case. Thanks guys, for everything.

And thanks again to everyone who came and played with us this weekend. Hopefully we will do this again...in 10 years :p!

15. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Here is a link to the 70th Explorers Aaron Allston event pictures so far. I will be adding two more sets of pictures when I receive them:

Aaron Allston pics

16. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Gang great pictures!
    Uh...... I just wish someone could have gotten a few when I was smiling aside from the goofy ones. LOL. My Mom will be whining "See you did not smile...........Except in the group photo"
    LOL

17. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I made it home safe and sound. Thanks Christina, Leash, Dajuan and Mike for such a great weekend!!! Well done! =D=

18. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Those are some great pics! Still loving the Leia Boushh costume and the Jawas. You looked awesome! All you all were so nice. I am sorry I didn't get to meet all of you and officially introduce myself, but hope to soon in the future! You guys ROCK!!!

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    QFT. Leash did so much for this. With out her no prizes, no hospital, no welcome bags. She was always there, ready to do whatever needed to be done. [:D]

20. QueenPadme22

QueenPadme22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Awesome pics. I really like them all.

21. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Christina and Dajuan, [:D]
    Thank you! It means alot to me! I am so happy to have great friends like you!!!!!

22. starjedi9045

starjedi9045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    dang! I wish i will be there. and this place looks like the exactly as my Barbles and Nobles Book and Sellers in Cape Girardeau. Hmm

23. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Thanks to St. Louis and the people there for being such welcoming hosts. Hope we can return the favor on the other side of the state sometime!

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    These are wonderful pictures! I especially liked this one. And I absolutely love your Boushh costume!

25. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005

You are quite welcome!
    Just make sure to get the day off of work on Monday. I could sleep for days I am both physically and mentally drained. LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.