main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Report on Lady Washington Trip

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    In a word...incredible. This last Saturday, 8 of us managed to get over to the coast and go aboard the Lady Washington (Aka Interceptor, from Pirates of the Caribbean). She is an absolutely beautiful "little
    ship" She is still painted the colors from the film (the British Royal Navy).

Lots of pics were taken and we spent about two hours on her, roaming around, talking to the crew, being overwhelmed by the vast amount of lines in the rigging. They still had part of the Interceptor's nameplate (the ship is "blown up" in the film" and it is downbelow with the signatures of all the crew written on it. A couple of us are seriously considering signing on as volunteer crew members this coming summer.

The day went on with us doing our usual chowing down at one of the local resturants. Master Ash and myself had to head back early, while the rest of the gang went over to another part of the beach to do some lightsaber practice on the sands. (Well, PART of the group..our two Sith Reps got separated from the rest and never met up with them)..But all are safely back home and ready for our next FF adventure.

Until Then

Clear Skies and MTFBWY

Master -K-

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey Kenobi! Get your nose out of your school books are post some pictures. ;)

I saw the Lady Washington in San Diego in January. Also, the ship used in "Master and Commander" was also docked and open for touring. Very cool. Lots of costumes and props from the movie. The very informative lady answering questions said my oldest son (age 9) was about the age of the powder monkeys of the time.

(My apologies to the other members of this club for barging in, I'm just happy to find another way to pester, annoy, and harass Kenobi and Ash-Ton. :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.