main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    Name: Luther
    SW Related Interest: Toy collecting, games, and prop collecting. Non-SW: Watching movies, school, Lord of hte Rings stuff.
    How did I get into SW: I first saw Empire Strikes Back in 1980, that was my first memory of life(pretty good first memory). I have been a SW freak ever since.

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    HEY!!!!! Welcome aboard newbies!!!!!! Have yu got yur costumes for CIII done yet, hhhhmmmmmmm, yes?!

3. yodaman12002

yodaman12002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2003
    hi newe peoples

4. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    Hey how is every one doing. I'm glad I finally found some people who love SW just as much as I do.

5. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    DL!!!!! Welcome to the Denver version of the, um, yu kno, that...pit......in ROTJ.....FLOL!!!!

6. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Hello Everybody!!!!!!

I have been trying to get my screen name for some time now. The whole email you your password thing wasn't working. I had to contact the administrator, and alot of other stuff. Well anyway I am here now.

My name is Shane.
    I am 23.
    I am into collecting the 3 and 3/4 inch action figures. I started collecting in 1995 and have since then. I always take them out of package, and I collect all of the vehicles and take them out of package. I am missing about 10 or so figures from 1995 and I am a completest. I want to collect the vintage, but want to finish off my new collection first. I have about half of the vinatage collection but I dont display them. I have all of my figures on action figure stands and hang my ships from the ceiling. All in all I probably have around 400 action figures. I would love to get involved in cotumes and prop replicas. I do have a few prop replicas and I did make a Boba Fett costome one time, but it was not perfect.
    The reason that I got into Star Wars, is because I was 15 and I was all into the 70's thing. Star Wars is the thing that really stuck.
    In my spare time, I go to school for my bachelors degree in video game developement. I still have a year and a half left. I do have my associates degree in computer programming, but of cours I have not been able to find a job. I also work at a boring job, for a title company, that pays me not even close to what I need to make. I love to play video games, my favorite game is Final Fantasy 7. I also love to watch the Broncos when it is football season. Oh yea I enjoy company with my wife.
    I look forward to getting to know you all.

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Welcome All!!!!!!!

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Welcome, I bet you will find a nice home here. We have many people that collect action figures, old & new. 12 inch figures, ships, we even have our own custom action figure maker. So I have an action figure of myself :D
    We make costumes & props, go to movies, have BBQ's and all kinds of other stuff.
    Glad you found us, have a good old time :D

9. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Our illustrious boss-woman said a mouthful there, 8Fett! We have some down-right ruthless collectors in our clan, and rest assured, when new releases come out, yu could not ask for a healthier bunch of scroungers to shop with!!!!

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    so...you do 3d modeling & animation by any chance video game guy? *twists mustache*

11. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    No I don't sorry.

Im more into the whole programming thing. I don't do the artsy stuff. I am learning how to make the AI, and physics, stuff like that.

12. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    sounds fun. just don't make to good of an ai. the last thing i need is a comp telling me what do do. unless it looks like cortana, i could live with that.

13. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    hello my fellow Coloradans!
    Name: Amy

SW Related Interests: just the movies, I don't really plan on reading the books

Non-SW Related Interests: playing piano, singing, watching movies, reading, staring at my one good pic of Hayden Christensen (hehe, j/k)

How I Got Started On SW: When my dad took me to see the OT when it was re-released in the theatres a few years back

How I Found This Board: I was looking for a Colorado Fan Force Board. I found one!

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Welcome YIMH!!!!!! Glad to have another female join the group! :D Hope you can find your niche in our group. :)

The next meeting is a week from this Sunday at the Perkins on Colorado & I-25. This is one of the easier kinds of meetings to meet everyone without a lot of pressure :) Hope to see you there. :D

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    YYYYYYOOOOOOOO....da! Good to have yu on board!!!!!

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I big hearty welcome from way down in Ptown!

17. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Name: Her Royal Sleepiness or Jess (after 11am)

SW related interests: *deep breath* T65's, Star Destroyers, games <<3 hours later>> naming my ginger colored cat Chewbacca,
    Sabbacc, toys, books, collecting, 6 degrees of Star Wars (that one drives relatives nuts),
    kick-@$$ heroines, posters, costuming, talking ab't SW, trivia...
    I really need to shut up now [face_blush]

non-SW: X-Men (Cyclops is my favorite :D :D :D ... [face_love] so cute [face_love] ), Spider-man (love the dry wit),
    Legos (just try to pull me away), books, military history, aviation, football (American), basketball, and hockey.

How did I get addic...started on SW? my very first trip to a movie theater was to see ROTJ...
    my mother has regretted that decision ever since [face_mischief]

How did I find this board? I've been lurking around JCF since ab't '98, so I knew it was here
    but I didn't look at it until I moved to the region in '02.
    I lived in LA and we don't have an FF because we have the Lining Up group
    (the people hanging out at the Grauman's (Mann Chinese) in Hollywood)...shutting up now...

>>T65flyer

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    cyclops?!?! cyclops is one of the lamest main x-men character ever! cyclops is a punk! :p ;)

19. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Way to welcome JD :p

She didn't say she thought Cyclops was a cool character, just that the actor was cute :D

If you're at UofW, you should get in touch with JediGirlofCorellia, she goes there too, she hangs around here a lot.

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey t65! Glad to see you finally made it down to the Denver boards!

You'll have to try and make it down for StarFest with JGoC in April :)

And everytime I see you post, I think about how much you and VoidDancer should start a SW Fighter Fan Club... Only guy I know who's voicemail message welcomes you to Incom Aerospace :p [face_laugh]

21. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    I have a class w/ JGoC actually

and for curious puppies :p ...
    Cyclops is my fave because he's a pilot :D (like me) and his dad was a pilot
    AND the actor who plays him is <<blasphemy forthcoming>> Hotter than Hayden *GASP*
    ;) ;) nudge nudge say no more :p

I tend to find that people have something in common with their fave mutant
    (got a friend who's an int'l studies major and his favorite X-Man is Cypher
    - he can speak any language the minute he hears it)

SW fighter fan club, hmmmm?...that's actually a good idea
    *evil brainstorming*
    maaaybeeee I'll start a thread... [face_devil]

22. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    hi newbies

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
  24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    A T65 fan!!!!! SWEET! Welcome aboard!!!!!

25. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Hi, everyone
    Name:Beth
    SW interets: the movies, collecting, I want to try my hand at costuming
    Non SW interests: My dogs, hiking, biking
    Got Started in SW: Age of 16 in 1977
    Found this board: first found out about it from people I met at Celebration II.( I am finally joining in--none of my friends are into Star Wars and I need to find people who are!)