main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Road Trip to Timothy Zahn

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Nave, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok I thought I had posted this but I guess I didn't...

Saturday, February 7th @ 4 PM

Olsson's Books & Records
    2111 Wilson Blvd.
    Arlington, VA 22201
    703-525-4227 4 pm

That's the day Timothy Zahn will be there to sign his next Star Wars book "Survivor's Quest."

Anyone else interested in going?

I'm thinking of maybe going up Friday after work, or early Sat morning (won't have to pay for a room to stay over then).

I was thinking of maybe going up, doing the book signing, then heading over to DC, and maybe stay the night up there and then going around DC Sunday, cause I haven't been up there in a long time (was a kid when I went).

I posted this over in the Holocron Productions Forum and will post it in the Norfolk FF forum too.

If we get a few people maybe we can meet up with the DC Fanforce or something and invade a movie theater

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well from my forum you already know that I might be going. I hope to meet some of you there if I can make it.

3. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Hmmmm... I'd like to go, but don't know if I can or not. :( I'll keep you guys posted though.

4. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok Shona :) I'll keep an eye on this thread for ya :)

5. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah, I'm about to start my second semester and I'm also switching jobs, so my schedule's kind of unstable right now.

6. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Heh I can completly understand :)

The next semester for me starts...oh Monday! lol and then life is hectic as normal.

Norfolk FF will be discussing who's interested this week and DC fanforce is discussing putting together some plans on their board as we speak, so this is still def in the planning stages.

Is your new job going to require you working weekends?

7. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm not sure right now. (See, I used to take Tae Kwon Do and stopped in '98 when I got my black belt. Now, one of my closest friends from there has her own after-school martial arts program for elementary school kids and is looking for some help.) Once I know my set times and days, I'll let you know.

8. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Gotcha

Well good luck with the new job :) And I'll keep an eye on the board :D

Nave

9. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Details are slowly forming on this

http://boards.theforce.net/Washington,_DC/b10114/14487753/p1/

Nave

10. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    So other than Evan, is there anyone else in the Richmond area planning on attending? Do we need to start organizing a car pool?

Please make sure to post your plans here (posting on the DC board in addition if you like) so that others know what is going on :)

11. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    I'll be trolling this thread from time to time just to keep track of how many of you are coming. I look forward to meeting whoever shows up.

12. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    The prospective size of this event in DC is slowly becoming larger (two garrisons of the 501st will have members there).

Shona,
    Any word on your end?

Nave

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    If it has gotten that big, sorry but count me out. I feel that standing in that big of a line for an autograph by an author is tooo much for me.

I hope that everyone from this group that attends has a good time though.

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh, its not about the signing for most of these people. A lot of these guys could care less about standing in line. What we are trying to get everybody together for is just the social event to follow. There will likely be several (myself included) that will come at the end of the signing.

15. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Sorry, Nave, doesn't look like I'll be able to come. :(

However, I agree with amaunet. I mean, if it was like Ewan or Hayden signing autographs, I'd say to hell with work, call in sick, and hightail it up there! ;)

16. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    No prob Shona :)

Though I'm sure if you asked nicely Zahn could sign it as Ewan ;)

Nave

17. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Though I'm sure if you asked nicely Zahn could sign it as Ewan

[face_laugh]

18. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Hmm.. first time to this board and I see others are planning to go. :)

I got the info from another of my SW friends a while back, and since my Dad works up in D.C he is going to drop me off at the bookstore if he has to work and let me hang out there all day. If he doesn't work, then I should be there around 3:30 or 4.

:) I live about halfway between the Richmond and D.C. area's, so I'm not quite sure which group I fit into..

19. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Heh well I live about half way between Norfolk and Richmond so I'm the same :)

Hope to see ya there! :D

20. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome to our little segment of FanForce. Right now we are a tad on the inactive side so if you are looking for instant activity, you will want to check out DC. They seem to be a rather large group (where we are about 5-10 members). We would be more that happy to have you as an addition to our group :)

I hope that you enjoy your trip to the author signing. If you have questions on anything dont hesitate to contact me.

21. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Thanks. I will. :)

I've only been to Richmond twice and D.C. once, so I'll probably just be chatting with you guys online. When I get my license though I can start doing things with y'all. :)

22. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    DC only has about a dozen memebrs but we yap a lot. Also, we are a very social group that likes to get together and hang out frequently. At the moment I am trying to get some sort of confimation on who will be at SkackerCon I so I can reserve us an area in a restaurant across the street. Certainly we hope to see as many people as possible there so so we can meet more poeple. I'm not really in DC myself. I live in Woodbridge, VA and several of us are about an hours drive from DC itself. Come to think of it NO ONE in our group actually lives in DC we are all either VA or MD residents. Anyway, the group could be as small as 10 or as large as about 40 depending on how many actually show up. We hope to see you there. :)

23. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    If you're going you may want to post here

http://boards.theforce.net/Washington,_DC/b10114/14487753/?173

So that they have a good head count :)

Nave

24. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Evan thanks again for dragging a few people up with you. I had a great time and I hope you guys come up this way again soon :)

25. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Ditto guy :) Thanks for putting everything together and what not :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.