main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ROBOTS Release Date: March 11, 2005 - Next Official Meeting?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Wow! We had six people show up for the meetup tonight. It was really awesome to meet everyone. I know I had a great time talkin' lightsabres and star wars over "pub grub". Thanks for a great evening!

So, we sorta' discussed meeting up again to see the next ROTS trailer at the new "Robots" movie. According to the official site, it will be released on March 11th, which is a Friday. Check your calendars, people. It would be great to go see this trailer together!

Once we decide we can all make it, we'll need to decide *WHERE* to see it.

2. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Last nights meeting saw a lot of fun!!!

As for the next meeting, I can probably make it. I will probably bring my oldest son as well. He can't wait to see Robots and anything Star Wars.

Darth Paul

3. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I will have to see if I can make it. I am not sure if I am working that night? Last nights meeting was great! It was really nice to meet everyone and It was really interesting to see all the sabers. They put a lot of work into them.

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Hopefully I can make it. Not sure my work schedule yet. I'll keep you all informed.

Ryan

5. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    The 501'st may be in Calgary for Robots too. We should meet up with them.

6. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry I cannot make it to the Robots movie. As I work on Friday nights. I was not able to change shifts. Enjoy the movie...

7. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    I am not sure that I can make it.

Where and when is everone going, just in case I can make it.

Darth Paul

8. Vicu

Vicu Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    Might I suggest Eau Claire Market cinema?
    It is fairly easy to reach by car or transit, and there are restaraunts in and near the actual cinema.

9. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Question about the trailer. Will it be showing on TV during The O.C.? It is suposed to be on Fox but we just have cable, Global TV show up on channel 22 during the OC.

Darth Paul

10. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I don't know if we will get the trailer. I don't really want to sit through the OC to watch local ads.

11. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    it should be posted on the newsgroups about an hour after airing Paul. I work that night so I'll tape it anyways and scan through the stupid show for it.

12. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    Yeah, I can't bring myself to watch anything on fox besides Arrested Development.

13. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Don't worry about taping it. I will watch it. I love that show. I just wanted to know if I needed to record it. I will anyway.

By the way, there has been quite a few Star Wars references in the O.C.

Darth Paul

14. Vicu

Aug 21, 2004
    Well, it's thursday now. What is happening?

15. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Eau Claire Market sounds good to me. Perfered showtimes anyone? I'm thinking around 8:30 myself.

16. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Sorry, but I am not going to able to make it. I have had car problems this month and money is short. I wish I could see the trailer bigger than life, but, oh well.

I will make it to the monthly meeting though.

Darth Paul

17. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    The movie times for Eau Claire Market are as follows:

3:30 7:20 9:45

(Alternatively, it's showing at Paramount Chinook at:

1:00 3:45 6:30 8:45
    12:30 2:50 5:10 7:30 9:50

... and in IMAX (yes, IMAX!) at:

12:00 2:20 4:40 7:00 9:20)

Is the Eau Claire 9:45 too late for anyone? DrHaggis and I are flexible, and can make it to either the 7:20 show or the later one... it doesn't sound like anyone else is going to be there, though... Ryan? Paul?

If we meet in the lobby of the theatre at 8:30, we could always go for some snacks at a restaurant nearby and catch the late movie.

As for the OC showing, yes, we did get it here, for those of you who missed it. It was JUST after the credits rolled, immediately after I left the room, ranting about the lying liars who said we'd get to see it. [face_laugh]

Luckily DrHaggis was still in the room, and called me in to see the last half of it.

So, how about 8:30, in the lobby, and then we can decide if we want to wait around to see the later show, or carpool to another theatre to see an earlier one, or whatever... Let's make this work, guys.

~ Raelyn

18. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Okay, so, I hope y'all got to check these boards out in time. DrHaggis and I are heading to the theatre now. (It's 7:41pm on Friday.) Hope to see you there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.