main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Bravo, wasn't sure if I was doing okay or not...

Great posts everyone, keep it up :)

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    *Comes in and casts Resurrect on the thread*

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry I haven't post my solo... every time I go to finish it something else interrupts me... if I go to work I might be able to get it done tomorrow... but if I stay home ill I will be doing a lot of sleeping.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Next time I post for the DD, I will move us forward so players can stand down from alert status.

I want to get in a Sard post for Bardan first.

*Looks closer* CPL, is your avatar basically someone's ar*e? Butt of course.

5. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That's the fine posterior of Mirax Terrik-Horn :)

Its an XWing thing;)

Even if you move us I might still post about Mac using the Force to guide an escape pod in.

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    So is mine, and I have Kyp Durron's. There's a thing going on with backsides at the moment ;)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice idea, Falcon, getting pilots to switch sides.

There are quite a few avatars on the boards that I have no idea what they are supposed to be.

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Sith :)

You avacator is Susan from Monsters vs Aliens right?

Some avacators I have no clue what they are.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

The plan is to get everyone back together. I would really, really, really, really, really, really like to see Jusik back with the main group either aboard the DD or the SOJ in the Northern Stretch. Sith, if you could make that happen quickly, that would be awesome.

Once everyone is back together, the Northern Stretch storyline will round-out the last of the Kingdom of Jod storyline for the game, save the final mission. Which, with the Northern Stretch mission completed, we'll head directly into the final mission.

So, the DD would hook up with the SOJ and any other "allies" and begin the final assault on the Imperial operation known as Operation Zero. This would, then, conclude the game and take us into a 1-2 week cool down period before starting the second game.

At the end of the game, after the credits roll, all epilogues should be posted (I need to get mine finished with CPL ASAP...I've been slacking because of college...no excuse).

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    nice post Bravo. very intense =D=

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Falcon. :)

I liked your switching of the sides for the starfighter pilots. Very thoughtful.

Oh and yes, Mitth's family mission as well. Once the family mission and the Northern Stretch missions are completed, then we'll move forward onto the final mission.

Sith, any chance of getting Jusik's character to the outskirts of Kingdom of Jod space?

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thank you :) I was hoping that was okay :)

before I write up my post, the time they're launching the escape pods is the time the fighters are coming back on board?

Just want to make sure I'm getting this right

13. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Correct. :)

14. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    To those Math-genius's out there, I have a question. Going over this math when sick is not clicking in my mind. So, anyone up for a little math? I've been trying for over 30 minutes now.

Taking over 150,000 light years away (Companion Cresh) from the Star Wars Galaxy, using the following resources and assuming much of the route is unmapped except for probots, how long would it take from Coruscant (Core Worlds) to reach Companion Cresh?

FYI, this is for my post I am doing right now with the Queen.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Great post, Bravo.

Not going to be much, if any, time for the DD to "gather allies" on that schedule. You will probably have to put in some work in as Palso.

I can try to get Bardan finished with his Imperial job in one, maybe two posts, but getting Taab to go somewhere might be up to Bardan himself, as Taab was naturally interested in getting his boy with the Mercs.

Can KOJ space be reached by regular hyperspace?

Re. the question above, a light year is a measure of distance, not time, so not suitable for your question. Also, it depends where Cresh is in relation to the SW galaxy.

For example, my memory of the end of The Empire Strikes Back, when Lando and Chewie take the Falcon from the Medical Frigate, they dive down onto the SW galaxy from somewhere above it; they have not had to come down level with the galaxy's "edge", and entered it there to travel inwards from Wild Space Corewards.

Hold on. If a Class 1.0 hyperdrive can do 11,415 light years in an hour, then dividing your 150,000 light years by 11,415 on my PC's calculator, means you can do 150,000 light years in 13.14 hours. Personally, that seems a bit quick to me, but mathematically, there you go.

What ship is making this jump, since the hyperdrive rating matters.

And don't forget about http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperspace_disturbance_beyond_the_edge_of_the_galaxy]this[/url].

16. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012

Yes, yes, that too! :oops:Memory was slipping. I hate being sick. Sorry Sith! [face_blush]

Not directly, no, But, I have a solution to that. In order for spacers to have "stumbled" across the Kingdom of Jod and start the legends, I will post a worm hole having access to it. I will get it posted ASAP.

Class One hyperdrive for a ImpStar.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Taab can simply think he will find the Mercs out in that area and get swept up in the KoJ wormhole. From what I hear, the KoJ likes to hire mercenaries too it all works out. ;)

Haven't been around the past couple of days but I am working off of the last tag Sith gave me. I should have a post for Atin and Taab by the weekend.

[​IMG]

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry, DRL has been a bit hectic lately. Will get a post up in the next couple of days. ;)

Also, just for reference, it was noted that unless you had a clear map from the galaxy to the Rishi Maze (Companion Aleph) It would take a month or more time to make the trip due to the multitude of short hyperspace hops traverse a small star system and hop to the next one, basically line of sight hyperspace guesses. Whereas if you knew the route and had a clean way it probably would be shorter like Sith said. But the thing is you don't know if there is a rogue asteroid or other anomily like Han Solo said that could kill the ship and crew from a more careless hyperspace jump.

JediFalcon likes this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Well said Mitthy and Sith. And I completely agree.

Would be nice if Taab found his way to the SOJ so he and Fress can talk ;) It would be an interesting conversation indeed

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    One research route. If an ImpStar is making this trip, I assume that it is Imperials doing the travelling?

With their vast resources, do they know anyone from the Companion Cresh galaxy? Because one of my first thoughts, was, if it was a Merc trip, to go back to the craft of our short-stay Wolatarian caterpillar character, and check its navicomp, since I thought the species came from Cresh, however the available CS on our Wiki does not support that, although he is from outside the SW galaxy.

Then, just now, I looked in on the Nagai, but they are from Companion Besh! *sigh* Sometimes you just can't catch a break.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If I remember correctly the Atlas states that at this time in the Galactic history, and possibly even in the time of the Legacy era, no expeditions were made to Cresh or the more distant Companion galaxies as they are viewed from spectropies and the sent probes to be largely carbon based. Thus of little mineral value and not believed worth the trip by the miner's guilds and others. Also not viewed worth the time due to the fact that there are still vast swaths of unexplored or routed sections and even a half of the galaxy with much better mineral and monetary prospects with uncharted species. Also listed as the reason that Besh contacted the Primary and not the other way around when it came to at least civilization to civilization contacts.

22. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    Hey all. I'm just letting you all know that Bravo has been sick the last few days and will get posts up as soon as he can.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all. Alive. Been very ill since Monday. Not "100%" yet, but better enough to post. Been sleeping much of the week after work, since I don't have sick time yet at work.

Getting posts up as quickly as I can. :)

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    a lot of that going around, I was busy all week wiping everything down in the area I work in because my co-worker had the flu last week and it's a cold this week.

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I was down with it earlier this week