main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    You guys are wonderful people and its been an honor to write with you. For those I haven't met yet, I'm sure we'll meet in the near future. Keep up the good work, ladies and gents.

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome to the new players

and like Earwen says, the game isn't so welcoming right now. We're in a tight hot spot excuse the mistrust :p

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you Liam, the feeling is mutual and shared by all. I too look forward to interacting with every single player in the near future, the prospect is very exciting to be honest. It is my hope that we continue to be good company both IC and OOC.

The family that writes together, stays together, eh? (LOL) :-B

*Hands Helljumper some dry clothes [face_whistling]

And to everyone who's new, a warm welcome. Take a seat or a booth ( we have booths, right?), order a drink or snack, commandeer a laptop or computer and let the good times roll! :D

As for me, I'm going for a lil' stroll just to make sure I'm caught up with my reading. ;)

See you all very soon.

grey [face_peace]

4. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Ok guys while wait for sith I like to say i'm having fun reading it is learning experience. I will work up a conversation between my character and his wookie friend aboard ship so everyone sees what cool wookie he is and then finally the final conversations and information my character has that should show why they died.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    *Strides confidently in, puts black laptop on table*

"I heard that, and I have already answered your tag, Lukes."

Right, I am having Kalka'tech install some holoprojectors, then inviting AIs for interview to run Rocketjocks - the Red Queen; that girl CAL from Silence in the Library (Doctor Who); and, if her creator permits, JULIE.

*Sits at table, opens laptop*

Good thinking, Grey'. For some reason, I keep missing the obvious: turn the volume on comlinks down, while the SCREAMS were going on; hand Helljumper some dry clothes, that sort of thing. Those last two Sodalis posts were pretty darn good!

Hello all; great writing going on.

So, Bravo, you know what that gold-lightsabred Dues Ex Machina aboard the Star Galleon tells me?

Ultimately, the Mercs did not fail during this operation. The Creator deemed that they should not succeed.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, last Thursday, I met friends for lunch, and continuing the trend of anything that can go wrong, will go wrong (I had already double-booked it for a long-time colleague's retirement do), we turn up to the mall cafe to find it closed, out of business.

What? You'd been there the week before, when I had reconnoitered(sp?) the place.

So we reconvene to another cafe outside British Home Stores (there is someone around here with 'BHS Care Team' in their sig, and I always wonder if it is the same company - to discuss our lives, and I mention that my phone has died, so I would start looking at Blackberrys and the iPhone, since my beloved Samsung T100 has long since been discontinued, was even before I got my last one.

Forget photos, internet, email, apps; if it looks cool and flips open like a Stsr Trek communicator, that's all I ask...

One of my friends reminds me that I used to talk about getting a wristphone, since they became a reality at the Nakano Olympics in Japan. The officials used them.

But the way technology spreads is not that someone invents it, markets it, then it spreads across the world simultaneously; no, some exceutives look at your country from a continent away, and decides if there is a "market" in your country for the product.

Here's an Intervention clue, Yavscout is supposed to be undercover; still has his SGIS wrist-communicator though! I love the things.

*snaps open laptop, lights flash as the thing wakes up*

So here's the thing, Amazon doesn't have any T100s, but they do have several wrist phones, ranging from £55 to £200.

=P~

One tiny little caveat. The product description says to compare the device against "Amazon picture listing" to see if the local phone networks support the wristphone.

I would, if I knew what you are talking about.

[b]Lukes[/b]', that idea to do conversations between Go'tica and his wookiee mate, and gradually lead up to the final event; it is a good one.

[face_happy]

[b]Bravo[/b], great post with the destruction of the Star Galleon, and Jason Lasso's heroic death was well written, along with what was happening inside the ship as it was attacked.

7. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Bravo that jason lasso is one awesome guy and wow just wow.

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Lukes', brilliant post. Really like it. At first, I thought you were mis-quoting me, but when I realised you were putting what Go'tica was hearing from the Wookiee, I got very impressed, very quickly.

Will try to respond soon.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Gonna be MIA for most of the week. ( work related [face_frustrated] ) May get a break by Friday, fyi. Apologies.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Game Master OOG:

Sith-I-5 is ever watchful and brought up a question regarding my last post. His question and my answer are below. I'm posting this to help avoid violating the god-moding rule.

[i]Also, Sodalis' suit is going to repel an exploding starship?[/i]

Negative. The basis of Sodalis' escape lies in the fact that she should be able to get behind some type of debris in space first. When a ship is under attack, pieces of armor and bulk heads starts falling off before the ship itself explodes. So the basis of escape is based on debris shielding the character. Its a bit far fetched, but realistic if the explosion isn't total (in like the reactor exploding). Assuming the reactor isn't hit and the ship breaks apart instead of explodes, Sodalis' character should have a good chance at surviving. Add in the character's Force ability, and you avoid god-moding. But it is a very thin line to walk I must admit.

I probably should go back and state the fact that the reactor didn't go with the ship to avoid god-moding. That's what I get for posting half asleep late at night. [face_beatup]

[hr]

Any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me. [face_happy]

God Bless,

Jason

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yea Sith, maybe the Creator did have a hand in the mission not succeeding... [face_mischief]

Just as a personal note, Sith-I-5 and Helljumper have both had remarkable posts this week! Just amazing. :cool: Sith, amazing job on the story telling between multiple characters, both IC and NPC. And Helljumper, your last post was speechless. Just amazing!

So speaking of personal adventures like Sith's. I went to the pool with some buddies last Sunday. Okay, now I know I'm in shape, I don't go to the gym four days a week at 5:25am to 6:45am for nothing (one of those days is a afternoon visit to the gym instead and 50 minutes of cardio). But man, let me tell you, I was seeing how out of shape I am when it comes to swimming! 8-} I mean, dude, I was sucking in air like it was going out of style or something! :p

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I will be gone most of the week next week as I need to go help fam with something important, will be back Thursday so I doubt it will mess anything up.

Also as a coGM, very sorry in the long delay Grey and Sith. Kinda got good news on my educational front, as well as the bad news of needing to sort out the finances, classes, and whatnot with an asap attached and most of next week unable to do anything about it so I've been scrambling hard on that this past few days with the update written in my head but no time to type it out and actually stayed up a couple extra hours tonight just typing/editing the post out. Deepest regrets.

Haven't swam in a couple of years now, partly becuase the only free pool I have access to is also bearer of the official title of the "Coldest Pool in Alaska". Talk about polar bearing it! Still it keeps ya moving once in. I miss swimming, maybe when I can go to a warmer pool I'll get to take it back up for fun.

14. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Just to let you guys know I haven't forgotten about you all.

We aren't flooded where I'm at but where it is flooding up north is causing major problems for the trains coming out of North Platte. So that means more work for us drivers taking crews and dropping crews off. As right now after getting off shift I have drive 1400 last three days with one more day left. Please the ones that pray please do so not just for me but also for the ones that are being force from their homes also for the Rail Road as along of stuff gets shift over rails every day. As there is some very dangerous stuff that is cared in those cars, also that is how all the coal gets ships to power plants, also how grain gets to the places. I could go on but I will bore a lot of you. It seem the funny thing is that once I came back to this place it seem that old guy with the horns does all in his power to keep me from hear. I think I really found a place that I can hang with but also share my love of written and STAR WARS and also a great bunch of Christians folks.

Love ya all. [:D]

Suzette

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yay! Whitelight, good to hear from you! [:D]

And wow, we hear ya and will keep you and your fellows in prayer. HE has the whole world in his hands. ( even now) ;)

Light be with you,

[face_peace]

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, Bravo, re. this week's posts.

Best of luck, Whitelight. Keep up the good work; sounds like you are providing a vital service.

So what's Kessel? I noticed that they were sponsoring a MotoGP bike rider who achieved pole position in one of the lower CC classes, this weekend in Catalunya, Spain.
    Does spice mining pay that much?

I don't swim, even though I have a National Sports-level pool near me. I pretty much only swim on holiday. Like judo, it is the only activity known to use all the muscles in the body.

Mitth, nice posts! I read them in the wrong order, so I was thinking, 'you are are going to carry the body past the guards outside? Seriously?' before reading the proceeding post, where you assigned said guards to 'recovery duties'.

Nice job. =D=

Lukes, I will try to get a response up soon.

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    okay sith in mean time things are not looking good for the map team. [face_praying] For everyone that is effected by those floods whitelight.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Grey's post with Sodalis...wow. Simply amazing.

19. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Thanks you all [:D]

So I have posted I don't know if you can us another one of my characters that more of a smuggler/ healer type I can even go young or old with her. As she I have her well developmental either way.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Grey's Sodalis post was indeed a great read. I wasn't able to use the youtube link, but it was still great.

Are you longer-players looking to kill off your characters for a fresh start in the next game, cos some of those posts are starting to look quite terminal.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I still have *cough* plans for Jason Lasso *cough* [face_mischief]

This week has been crazy busy. I'll have replies up hopefully by Friday night or Saturday morning/afternoon at the latest. At least my busy life is allowing everyone else to take a breath and relax a little. :p

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks Bravo, Sith-I-5, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the post, that's the best reward really. I was way tired, but at the same time inspired. Unfortunately the following posts were affected by my fatigue.
    Sorry the link didn't work. :( The mood of the post works best with the music selected for it.

Oh! and Sith:

Shhh! [face_shhh] I haven't decided on that yet. :p

And....EGADS!! its 97 degrees! I'm MELTING!!! :_| ( and that rain wasn't much help!) [face_frustrated]

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, it doea matter. Yav' is a rescuer, and there are...consequences to him going after Sodalis, but there is no point me choreographing a rescue post if you want to kill the character off.

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Sith. You bring to mind an interesting discussion I had with LightSideApprentice many years ago. For the record, I'm just RPing and nothing is set in stone. If I wanted to eliminate a character, you'd see that clearly in the post. But the issue of the discussion was IC knowledge vs OOC knowledge and how posters would be influenced by such. Sometimes OOC knowledge would prompt folks to do things their characters wouldn't necessarily do, and sometimes the OOC knowledge would change ( player changed his/her mind), but then an 'influenced' post would be made which would change the historical direction of the scene. The discussion was very good and quite in depth which reinforced my belief that IC events should be influenced to what is posted IC and characters should respond accordingly. But truth be told, I've learned to be quite versatile situationally speaking ( as much as it is possible within a given scene) and resolved to remain true to 'character'. As an RPer and as a GM ( both online and off for many years), the story and the 'purity' of the events within the story have become extremely important to me.

I enjoy stories and worlds which are true to themselves and contain an obvious harmony to events taking place there-in, so I do my best to honor such stories and their events by remaining true to character. People die during war, but amazing rescues, actions and feats are what create the legendary tales that are later told in mess halls and the like, and those windows of opportunity happen in a heartbeat. No risk, no reward, etc. Above all this, no matter the reasoning or motivation for IC actions or OOC knowledge, the bottom line is to go with the flow, not to fret over unexpected changes ( they happen all the time, egads!) and most of all, have a great time RPing. We have all come together in agreement for the sake of enjoyment, and for me, as a player and a GM, I am happiest when I find that I've successfully entertained a guest player in any game.

So it's not over till the Opera Diva sings her last Aria, and I think I see her coming on stage. Popcorn anyone? ;)

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Honestly, that's crossed my mind as well. And if it involves someones rp character you should not be allowed to kill the rp character unless you have the individual's permission to do so.

The situations you've put our characters in looks like suicides missions. And I'm very uncomfortable with the way the posts have been going.

That's my two cents.