main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Man, I'm lovin' this. :D Hanging out with the Gorlech Crew, SMASHING IMPERIALS! My life's complete!W00t!! :p [face_peace]

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Grey is right, some beautiful, beautiful writings going on. Helljumper, fantastic stuff. The technical details, backtracing onto the Star Destroyer, audio and video feed, the hassling and grudging pride of your opposite number.

And back to Grey, leading the way in showing that we can post an ending with ancillary Imperial characters without killing them off, or necessarily incorporating them into the further storyline. If Bulma survives Gorlech's assault, she can explore a future in the private sector. :)

3. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Thank you kindly. :)

~bows~

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I should be able to post by this weekend. :) If not, you all know the routine with greyjedi125, Mitth_Fisto, and Sith-I-5. ;) By the way, Sith-I-5 is going to pick up a post for Darth Vader. So just FYI. :)

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Alright guys I've thinking lately and Iwas wondering if some of you would review by PM Gotica's story I have posted it will help me with writing the ending. thanks.[face_peace]

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Just saw a trailer for the television series, Teen Wolf, where one, presumably pre-existing werewolf youth, says to the protagonist, "You have a gift that most people would kill for."

Really? Was there a poll?

Must have gone to the same people who decided most Londoners were behind the 2012 Olympics, cos literally, no-one asked us beforehand.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    L_A, if you want me to, I will help you. :)

I should be able to get some replies in tonight (Sunday night at the latest). DREAMSTAR, if you need a quicker reply, greyjedi125 has my permission to answer the tag for me involving the Gorlech.

So, L_A's question has reminded me to bring this up. TOWARDS THE END OF THE GAME (and I will let everyone know when we get close to that), I will need everyone, in relation with the three questions I had you answer for me over PM, write up a epilogue post for your character(s). This post will be the last post of the game for everyone's characters and I will give everyone plenty of notice so they can have it ready. The epilogue posts serves as your own personal and creative bridge for your character's story from this game over to the second game. I don't expect anyone to have this post ready now, since it would be impossible to have it ready without knowing the ending of this game first. ;)

Just a few months heads-up for you creative story tellers out there. ;)

Oh, and, ah, some things may be be, ah, well, you see, happening.

Suddenly. [face_skull] :p

By the way, has anyone heard from Earwen_Lightrider, JediFalcon, or Whitelight? :confused: I'm still waiting on replies to tags from them for the Rebel cruiser group and I can't move on until they respond. :( Worse case, I can put on my GM Hat and move the Rebel cruiser group along faster and to where I need them to be, but I really wanted to flush out the internal drama aboard the Rebel cruiser more... :_|

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Game Master OOG: I will be able to get to replies this weekend. I will attempt to start on them Saturday and finish Sunday. Brain dead at the moment. I had to send a PM out to our staff tonight to get everyone ready for some coming changes to the game's storyline to get us ready to end this game and start the next game.

Speaking of "staff"; when I use the word "staff," I'm referring to Intervention's leadership, which is of the following:

Game Master; Bravo
    Co-Game Master; greyjedi125
    Assistant Game Master; Mitth_Fisto
    Raconteur/Support Staff; Sith-I-5

I will start using the term "staff" with more frequency in terms of the game's leadership and only use their specific titles listed above when a particular situation has to be addressed by a certain member of the leadership team.

God Bless,

Jason

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I vanished into the puff of smoke called learning a new instrument (I now have a violin and, after 5 days, can almost play my first Star Wars song), frantically trying to get two costumes complete before an early August con (despite my sewing machine having issues), and waiting for my niece to arrive. I am happy to say that I am now an Aunt! My adorable niece was born last night at a healthy 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long. :) But enough of my excuses - just poke me or bop me over the head if I vanish - I'm in multi-project mode and tend to be a bit scatter brained. 8-}

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Red Queen: Congratulations Earwen on becoming an Aunt. A violin does not sound like it lends itself to Star Wars' songs.

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulations, Earwen!! You'll be a great Aunt, I'm sure of it. ( Aunty is a Jedi! :D ). Hehehe.

Which Star Wars piece are you learning, btw?

[face_peace]

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Thank you!

And the violin definitely lends itself to several Star Wars songs. For your listening pleasure several Star Wars songs played on violin and the Cantina song again. [None of the linked youtube videos are me. You don't want to subject your ears willing to my playing yet.]

EDIT:

One of my niece's first books is a Star Wars book :). She has a very geeky Aunt and Uncle - but she'll know who to go to if she wants help on Halloween costumes. :)

As for the first piece I'm learning - it is "Augie's Great Municipal Band", because it can be played entirely on the two strings I have learned so far. I've got the notes down. Now I'm just working on the timing.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    L_A, I'll get to your PM you sent me ASAP. :)

I'll be able to get a post up for Darth Vader Sunday night.

Violin? Nice Nat! And an Aunt, too? Explains why you've been so busy.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    So, It seems to me *cough* that Ingrid is also in Med-Bay aboard the Johnny Boy *cough, cough* ( Insert Bravo/ (grey) EDIT) :p

Master_Ponta, that was an amazing read. I felt like I was right there in that field, with the sun and the breeze. Awesome detail and realism.
    And despite Ingrid's 'condition' I have no doubt that the medical staff is doing everything in its power to revive her. ( Feav being a few beds away, even! )

Now I'm scared! Can we keep this up? Its so good! LOL!! ( you bet we can!! ) [face_peace]

*basks happily and crashes to sleep w a smile. I-)

15. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    Thank you Grey [face_blush]

Something tells me she'll pull through ;), after all, the Johnny Boy would have to face Garth if she didn't and well, I won't do that to you, LOL.

And Earwen, congrats on both becoming an Aunt and learning to play the violin! Babies are wonderful, and I love playing instruments.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all. I'll be able to post tomorrow. I got busy on a project today and it is taking longer then expected (the drill battery died and I'm having to recharge it and go back to the project here soon). The good news is I'll be able to post tomorrow morning with much more time then I had set aside tonight. So tomorrow may be a little...dangerous with posting. :D

Happy 4th of July weekend! [face_flag]

God Bless,

Jason

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks Bravo! and Happy Fourth to all. :)

Having some RL issues, but should be posting in the next few days. Hang in there folks!

Benedictus! ;)

grey [face_peace]

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, it?s all go here, on the W front ? weddings, wilderness training, widdle babies! And I was watching dour British comedian, Jack Dee (here talking about our Special Air Service), stating that wiolins, sorry, violins, had been registered with Amnesty International as an instrument of torture! :p.

So, like some of you, I have been acknowledging gaps in my knowledge, and instead of overlooking them, deciding, right then, I would find out what the heck they meant.

Last week, it was ?tranche?; I had heard it in relation to the Greek financial crisis, and seen it about the place in relation to my job, and investments. Turns out, the word is based on the French word for ?slice?.
    So if you are paying your credit card debt back in monthly instalments, each of those payments is a tranche of the whole debt.

Yesterday, I did it again. I thought, frag it, I?m going to find out what this Iron Chef is all about....we-ell, that?s three minutes of my life that I ain't getting back...

So, Rocketjock community members, what was the last thing you learned?

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey all! Hope those of you in the USA had a good 4th celebration, and those out had a nice day just the same.

Well I should have a post up sometime today, but I also wanted to give everyone a heads-up of something I just learned the other day. My Mom's surgery has been bumped up, so I will be leaving this coming Sunday and might not be back until Saturday depending on how everything goes for her. My Char's I'll let Bravo and Grey divy up between them and Sith, and I hope I do not find myself dead when I return :p

20. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    Whoa, who knew a little house required so much cleaning? LOL, so that's where I've been most of the day... sorry Bravo, I intend to post for Ingrid and maybe Garth tonight.

21. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    I have a post mostly finished, and hope to have it up by tomorrow night. Sorry for the slow response time folks. These summer months make work rather crazy. Between people, programs, rescues, fires, and training, I'm having a hard time keeping up.

22. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Im here...when it rains it pour..that pouring hasn't stopped yet.
    .don't know if I posted any of this on my phone at work. Ways first had some more kidney stones that lend to them thinking I had a tumor in a gland up in my brain had a neither it came back okay then my grandma died..then came my mom having surgery also with time off had to cut out stuff like mobiol net a work also getting slam at work w more tracks under I be posting when I get home I do my read here at work..
    at work..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Earawn on being an Auntie!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS!!!!!"

23. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    So I was on facebook (my husband refers to it as "the dreaded book of faces", and it's true I can be quite addicted sometimes), and a friend's post got me thinking of Hobbits and the Shire and all those fantastical lovely adventures that we love so much. Who is excited for the release of the Hobbit movie in 2012? :)

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Thanks Whitelight! I hope that things settle down for you.

I am very much looking forward to the Hobbit!

I woke up to super exciting news in my inbox this morning. I am a finalist in the SpoCon - League of Extraordinary Writers 2011 Writing Contest. I submitted a Flash Fiction (less than 1500 words) piece that I ended up writing the day it was due (because all the other pieces I started ended up too long). So I have been in a happy dance mood all day. I won't find out until mid-August who won. The awards are: First Place - Full editing services for the submission and the The Prolific Pen Award, given in recognition of the many words an author writes while in search of the perfect one.
    Second Place - An autographed novel from Guest of Honor, author Patricia Briggs.

Perks of being a finalist include: one-on-one session with a published author to discuss my work, special ribbon on my con name badge - giving me high visibility to the other authors, and getting to attend the Authors' Reception at the convention. Just the finalist perks have me giddy.

Oh - two of my students have decided I'm a robot or an alien or an alien robot [add evil to my title if I'm assigning math problems at the time].

Also, congrats on getting married, RainKing. *raises water glass in toast* Here's to many happily married years! *clinks glass*

25. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    I don't blame you, I'd be totally giddy myself... that's awesome :eek:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :D