main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Roll call

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    sorry about that looks like it was auto locked...I'll get i fixedt

2. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    I am new, yet old at the same time. :) I joined back around ALphaCon, and I think about the same time as Gandalf. Which reminds me...

I'm going to give you a swift kick in the rear Gandalf, ;) you did not tell me about the KC Area FanForce.

I am currently going to William Jewell College, and will be working at Uno Chicago Grill in Liberty.

3. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I'm going to give you a swift kick in the rear Gandalf, you did not tell me about the KC Area FanForce.

You've been here *2* years longer than me... I guess I should assume you're smart enough to look for this place, but I guess we all know what happens when you assume. :p

Besides, doesn't look like it's all that active around here anyway... *hint, hint people*

4. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    hey, I'm here

5. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    hey, I'm here
    I'm beating your posts-per-day ratio for the last few days...

6. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    I don't have anything to say, that's all. lol

7. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Well, we're an exciting lot... Fandom has always seemed kind of subdued in KC (not just for SW, but other stuff too). I wonder why that is? Less geek juice in the water? Hell, DES MOINES has a more active FF than this place... I'm from Iowa, and I am qualified to say "That's Sad"...

Seriously, nobody is excited about standing in line for RotS? Nobody else is going to C3 from around here? Nobody's planning some big costume party or movie showing??? *sigh*

8. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    yeah, we suck, what can I say? lol

I mean, personally, I just have...other stuff to do? I don't know. I'm too busy with homework and college/scholarship applications and stuff to spend a lot of time thinking about things like Star Wars.

I am excited, though, because I get out of school on May 17 (because seniors get out early), so I can see ROTS on opening day earlier than 3:30 or whatever time I caught AOTC. lol

eh, I don't know if this post made all that much sense. oh well.

peace out

9. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    a rival is in progress....

be patient young padawans

10. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    ^ ^ ^
    That's cryptic... o_O

And cloned, no offense intended... I drop of the face of the Internet every once in a while, so I understand. Just trying to shake the tree a bit, as it were.

11. KC-Jedi

KC-Jedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 18, 2005
    Whats' up?

Man we need to get this thing going. Where does everybody plan on seeing ROTS at for the midnight show? I think it would be fun to go as a group.

12. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    ^ ^ ^
    I plan on going at the Barry Woods 24 (as I know I've posted somewhere before on these boards)... no need to break my tradition. I'll probably be leading a group of several non-posters, and probably a couple from here (JediJohnSeever and GsWookie; though I don't want to speak for you)... I know it's up in the Great White North, but I think there's a fun time to be had by all, and I bet it's slightly less crazy than anything in JoCo (or even eastern JaCo).

13. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    (JediJohnSeever and GsWookie; though I don't want to speak for you)

I'll be standing in line after I get off work at 5pm and I've requested 3 hrs off of work the next day so I can recuperate. The last time I went to a midnight showing, I went to work at 8am and was just nodding off all day. They call me "sparky" at work now because of that, so I'm not taking any chances. lol

14. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    hey, nothing wrong with the north. I've said this before, too, but I'll probably just catch it at Liberty, if for no other reason than I'm 17 (alas, it comes out a week before my birthday) and can't legally drive at 2:30 in the morning--this way I'm close to home.

oh, and no offense taken...I was just...well I don't remember what I wrote. but it's all good. haha

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    KC-Jedi posted on 2/17/05 1:17pm
    Where does everybody plan on seeing ROTS at for the midnight show?
    [hr][/blockquote]

I plan to be at the AMC 24 on Barry as well. I live right around there and it's where I usually go to see movies. It's probably past any curfew as far as drving goes, so I'm... probably going to have to get a ride from my parents.

Maybe someone at work will want to go with me...

16. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    As I've said before I plan on going to the AMC 30 or the new Pallazio.

It would be great if we could all see it together but we are all just so spread out I don't think that's going to happen right now. But maybe leading up to the event our numbers might increase and we could have "satelite" representation at various theatres in the area.

I have already reaquested off for both days. That way I can see the midnight showing and I can hed back to the theatre when I wake up the next day and then probably see it again on friday, and maybe saturday, and... ;)

17. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Cloned... that Liberty theatre is SO lame (I used to live in Liberty)... Do they even have a midnight showing?

Anakin Solo is only 17 too...

Personally, this city is too spread out, but there's no reason we can't boil it down to 3 'official' locations for us all... North, JaCo, and JoCo... (and maybe a meeting before hand to coordinate something to get us on the news at all three places...) ;)

18. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    they had a midnight showing of AOTC. yeah, it's lame, but it's close...lol. and cheaper than AMC.

maybe you guys can convince me to head out to Barry Woods...but idk if my parents would go for that.

19. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    They have a Star Wars Trilogy arcade game. ;)

20. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Lets see: Reasons to go to Barry Woods:

- *We'll* be there...
    - The afore mentioned arcade game (though last time they weren't letting us in to play it, just to spend money at the snack bar or use the restroom, and that was only during the weee hours of the line, when there was only 10 or less of us).
    - The staff was SUPER nice to us early birds.
    - We had 2 news vans there... and I was on TV getting schooled by a chick with a lightsaber.
    - While waiting in line some nice friendly games of Star Wars trivial pursuit broke out.
    - I'm thinking of keeping a cooler with me this time... probably stash some stuff in there that one shouldn't drink on a public street.
    - The theatres are HUGE with staduim seating, so your neck wont hurt.
    - The piped-in movie tunes, which will have some new and exciting artist seared into your brain by the end of the night (How else can you explain the reason I know like Vanessa Carlton).
    I'm sure there are others... but this is it for now...

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    That is my favorite movie theater for most of those reasons. I saw TPM & AotC there, might as well complete the saga at the same place.

It has a nice space theme to it, too. :D :p

22. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    J-A-S... about what time did you line up for AotC? I was 5th in line, and got to know quite a few people... You'd have been pretty young then though so I would think I'd remember you... but you never know...

23. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    I didn't get to go to the midnight showing of AotC. I didn't get to go until a few days after it opened actually, because my dad had to work. This will (hopfully0 be my first midnight show.

24. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    I'll be going to Barry Road AMC for the midnight showing.

And I remmeber that saber fighter Gandalf. You are a little weak on the defensive.

Oh, to view pictures that I took from ATOC, goto http://johnseever.freeservers.com/ and click on pictures and then the link at the bottom.

And I currently live in Liberty, since I attend William Jewell, and work at Uno Chicago Grill as a server.

25. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Yay, someone else who's in the food business! I'm a host at the Jazz across from the Barry Road AMC. ;) :p

Those pictures look like a ton of fun. I can't wait. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.