main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Collectibles / Figures : Store Reports

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by civicsi99, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Well, I made a HUGE SW collecting run today........mostly strike outs, but I did take note of everything that might interest you guys. Also noted the stores that have NOTHING NEW to save you guys the trip. Here goes :

Walmarts:

Brier Creek - Titanium Series 5 pack (Anakin Starfighter, Obi Wan's Starfighter, SILVER AT-RT, Droid Tri-Fighter, and Republic Gunship) for $19.99 (I think, can't remember the price exactly, but there are several THERE IN STOCK)

Durham(New Hope Commons) : Several Barris Offee 12" and Darth Sidious 12"

Glenwood : NOTHING NEW

Wake Forest : NOTHING NEW

Target : Capital Blvd - NOTHING NEW

KB Toys (Cary) : 12" Chewbacca x 1(VOTC Style), Grabbed 1 #55 Obi Wan (1 left on the pegs)

Toys R Us's :

(Cary) : 12" Stormtrooper x 1 (VOTC Style) and several Lukes

(Raleigh Crabtree) : 1 x VOTC Yoda, 1 x VOTC Luke (damaged bubble)

KMart (Western Blvd.) : #13 Dooku x 1 (I know some people are trying to find this figure, but the card was kinda bent up, but if you are an opener, then GO FOR IT)

Kohl's (Brier Creek) : LOTS of #6 Clone Troopers (White).....for you army builders out there

And thats about it......I snagged a single #55 Obi Wan for all my efforts today......but maybe it will save you guys the trip and gas of hunting down at the stores listed. KEEP THE HUNT ALIVE!

2. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up!

3. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Wow, very thorough! Thanks much for this. I'm still checking the Glenwood Wal-Mart daily, but no new stuff has been shelved yet...

4. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Could somebody let me know if they find any of the new Unleashed figures? Every place I go all they have are the Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Grievous ones. I think the new ones are out already but I can't find any.....

5. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    The best place for the new Unleashed is Target. All the Targets in the area are getting them in sporadically and they are flying off the shelves. The most desirable out of the three are Darth Vader and Palpatine vs. Yoda. Fortunately, I was able to pick up all three Unleashed at Super Target-Apex (I got very lucky), but the packaging was messed up on all three.

Traces of the new Unleashed that I have seen in the area seem to be messed up. Last night, the Target-Garner had only one of the new Unleashed, Asajj Ventress, and the package was pretty bent up. Also, Entertainment Earth has them for sell and they always guarantee mint, but they are even stating that there new Unleashed are C-8 (Non-mint). It seems that something happen during shipping from overseas. And, Wal-Mart should be getting them in shortly, and hopefully there new Unleashed are in better shape.

Good Luck to those who find them in mint condition!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

6. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    By amazement, KB Toys actually had something new in stock before anybody else has. The second wave of M&M's Mpire figures! They are priced at $8.99, which is pretty high priced (Wal-Mart's price: $6.88). But if you want them now, then head over to Cary Town Mall! They are not in the Star Wars section, but in the Transformers section which is right beside the SW section.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

7. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I was able to pick-up the new Titanium Series Wave 3 at two of the Super Walmarts in the Triangle. The Super Walmarts were Brier Creek & Knightdale. I did not see anything new at Clayton & Wake Forest Rd. This was a few days ago, so they might be coming soon to the regular Walmarts (we will have to see). The Titanium Waves usually have 4 in a set, but this Wave has 5! I was able to get 4 out of 5 die-cast vehicles (The Naboo Fighter is the one I need!).

I did get word today that the Walmart-Cary has new SW items in the storage area. But since they are remodeling there Toy section, there will be a delay on getting the new stuff out.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

8. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I went scouting yesterday to see what was out in the Triangle. I was not able to go to that many stores, but here's the report:

Target-Triangle Town Center: nothing new (but they did have traces of the new Unleashed, though - Asajj Ventress figure)

Walmart-Wake Forest: nothing new

Target-Wake Forest: nothing new, but did have 3 AT-TE Gunner MOMC

Super Walmart-Wake Forest Rd.: nothing new

I hope this helps!

For collector's who are looking for the new Unleashed, my advice is to keep your eyes on Target, Super Target, and TRU. I got a call this morning from a friend who told me that he saw all three Unleashed at Target-Garner last Friday, but when I call this morning they were sold out (except for Asajj Ventress). It looks like many Targets in the area got this Unleahed wave over the weekend.

Target is a hit or miss store for Unleashed. The best thing to do is to ask an assocaite when do they get trucks in and when the product stocked on the floor. Many Targets in the area get trucks 2-3 times a week, but they do not know what is on the trucks. And usually the products get stocked on the store either that night or the next morning.

Now for TRU, there has been a report that the new Unleashed have been found in Danville, VA. TRU is been somewhat relaxed about getting in new SW items, so I would use them as a last resort. TRU's in our area get trucks in once a week, and it is always on a Thursday. Products from those trucks usually get stocked throughout the weekend (Fri.-Sun.). So keep this in mind, the best time to scout a TRU is the weekend, not during the week.

Is far as Walmart, they have really been competeing with Target over new SW items. But it has seemed that one usually gets a certain SW product in before the other, and then the other store follows (i.e. Darth Vader 500: Walmart 1st, Evolutions: Walmart 1st, Build Your Own Lighsaber: Target 1st, Unleashed: Target 1st). I have seen this many times since I have been collecting. Since Walmart is going to be late in the game for the new Unleashed, you have a better chance of getting your them then (there still will be a high demand for them, but the demand is not as high as they first hit the Target).

Patience is key in finding the new Unleashed, but knowing the product flow of the stores in the Triangle is very helpful!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

9. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    If anyone is interested, tonight I saw #49 Baraca (4-5 in stock) and #50 Anakin (2 in stock) at TRU-Cary. Both are in the SW section behind the Video Game section. Look at the top right section of basic figures to find them.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

10. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Im so frustrated with reading all the reports over at RS about guys finding the new wave, including the clone repaints in ABUNDANCE!! Ive only heard of these at the Cary WM when Bodo reported it. I just dont understand why Raleigh is getting bypassed with this wave?? I mean guys in Jersey and down to Florida are seeing them, so its NOT a West coast thing. WHERE ARE THE NEW FIGURES?!?!?!?!?!

11. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Did some major scouting today and here is the super detailed list :

Walmarts :

New Hope Church Rd. -
    > Anakin Evo set w/ scar x several

Garner - NOTHING NEW

Cary -
    > Anakin Evo set w/ scar x just a few

Brier Creek -
    > Anakin Evo set w/ scar x 5
    > Titanium 5 pack x several

Targets :

Wake Forest -
    > Clone 3 pack (RED) x 1
    > 500th Vader x 6

TTC -
    ><UNLEASHED><
    > Yoda vs. Emperor x 1
    > Asajj Ventress x 2
    > Darth Vader x 1 (I hid Darth behind the Build Your Own Lightsaber Kits, all the way back [face_dancing])

North Hills -
    > 500th Vader x several
    > Jedi vs. Sith x several

Capital Blvd -
    > 500th Vader x several

Raleigh Grande -
    > Deluxe Vader on Table x 1
    > 500th Vader x 1

Brier Creek -
    > Jedi vs. Sith x 1
    > Anakin Evo set w/ scar x 1
    >Deluxe Vader on Table x 1

Toys R Us :

Crabtree -
    > Clone Trooper Blaster Rifle x several
    > 500th Vader x 3

And there you have it......I finally picked up the new Unleashed today, figured why not since they are hard to find. Hopefully one of you snags that Vader I hid :D. Keep the hunt alive!

12. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Civicsi99:

Thanks for that report! I got the Darth Vader Unleashed you reported on!

To those looking for the new Unleashed, I have some good news! Today I scouted a little around the Triangle (though I saw nothing new), I did check out Walmart's SKU page for setting up the shelves for all the new SW items. The SKU page stated that they plan to have several rows just for SW Unleashed! So if you missed them at Target, then start watching Walmart in the next few weeks!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

13. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

If you are going SW hunting Sunday morning for new SW stuff, then I would head over to a Walmart. I went scouting on Saturday evening around the Walmarts in my area looking for the Titanium Series (unsuccessfully), and luckily I was at the right place at the right time! I picked up the "Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper" Evolutions pack at Walmart-Cary and Anakin #28 w/Sith eyes at Walmart-Fuquay!

The products I picked up were case fresh! Both Walmarts were stocking a lot of new stuff, which will be available Sunday morning! This will be the products in the morning!

Walmart-Cary:
    Evolutions - Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper x 1
    Evolutions - Sith Lords x 2
    Two boxes of Wave 6 Rev. 3 basic figs (No clone variants or #56 inside)

Walmart-Fuquay:
    Four boxes of older Wave basic figs. with Anakin variant (1 per box)
    Anakin #28 variant x2

I did pick up an extra Anakin #28 variant for trading purposes! Does anyone have a black clone pilot or a #56 fig to trade? If so, email me!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

14. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Did anyone find anything this weekend?

I finally found a black clone pilot! Keep your eyes peeled on your local Walmart!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

15. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    are you sure they put out new figures at the cary wm? i went by there at about 5pm today (sunday) and all i saw were 2 sith evo sets......no new figures though, just the same old neimos, bails, and palps.???? what gives??? did someone snatch up Two boxes of Wave 6 Rev. 3 basic figs (No clone variants or #56 inside) ????

16. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I went by Walmart-Cary Sunday morning to talk with my contact who works there and it looked like the overnight stockers did not put out the figs. Sometimes that happens! One of the two boxes was torn all to pieces and the figs inside were pretty bent. These two boxes should hit the shelves sometime this week, since there is room on the floor for them.

17. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    sorry forgot to mention i saw 1 blue obi wan starfighter at cary TRU yesterday (sunday). thats about it, another DRY weekend(except for bodo, he has ALL the luck [face_mischief]).

18. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    HOORAYYYYY!!! finally found the black clone pilot at walmart on 64 tonight! also found a sith eyes anakin, i wasnt going to get this one but the completist in me prevailed:rolleyes:. also i found a #23 RED guard....i have never seen this figure anywhere in the area, only blue guards. heres what they had left on the pegs :
    #51 x 2
    #52 x 2
    #53 x 2
    #49 x 1 (bent card)
    #11 x 1
    #38 x 1
    #44 x 1

hey bodo, i have a #56 to trade if you still have a white face at-rt driver....

19. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I never did get the white faced at-rt driver. Where did you find #56 at?

20. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    my girlfriend picked it up for me at a KB in columbia SC where she currently lives.......dang, i need a white face at-rt driver. did your contact ever say when/if they are putting that box out at the cary WM?

21. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I am not sure when they will put those boxes out. When I was there, I had an Walmart associate to open one of the boxes and I did look at the AT-RT driver. It was the regular tan/brown painted face. The white faced AT-RT driver figure is going to be like the Up. Soldier with the unpaint symbol on the hand - very difficult to find. Errors are harder to find than intentional production change (i.e. Anakin w/ Dooku lightsaber). Good luck with your hunt!

22. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Y'know, there's a toy show coming to the State Fairgrounds on September 10th. Perhaps someone will have them there?

23. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    went by the cary WM today and grabbed a lone white face at-rt driver, so he's scratched off my list finally =) i went out of town to wilmington today and i found a few mustafar sentries i picked up if anybody needs them. PM if ya do.

PS i found an old count dooku unleashed around town today, PM for the location.

24. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I made a mistake about the AT-RT driver variant. The white faced AT-RT is NOT the variant! The variant is the white face paint over AT-RT driver! Check out the link below (sorry for the mistake).

http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0554atrtdriver.asp

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

25. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    if anyone sees a jedi temple assault at kmart, can they please stash it and let me know where? thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.