main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI RotS discussion- Grand Admiral Rapids edition

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pretender, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I was thinking since, the threads in the Rots forum are so huge, maybe it would be okay if we had our own little thread. Spoiler Warning:

My first question is- what does Padme say to ObiWan right before

Our theatre was so large and talkative I couldn't hear.

Any other thoughts? or Questions to add are welcome.
    It was an awesome movie though. :D

2. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Spoiler Warning:

I thought she said, "Theirs still hope", but I might be mistaken, Their were some rowdy guys in my theater as well. (since EP4 "A new Hope")

Also In EP6 (ROTJ) Luke and Leia talking about thier mother, luke has no memory, Leia says she was beautiful, but sad. But she died giving birth, how would she know?

What happened to the Quigon Jin scenes I've heard about? Did they delete them?

My boy Dooku, :( getting hacked up, :( I knew it was within the first 30 mins but man, that sucks...

3. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I thought they did a great job!

the only things I wish they would have put in was how yoda gets to Dagaboah, and a little more interaction with th wookies.

but when they release it on dvd hopefully there's an extended edtion

4. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Count_Scoobith, LEIA refers to her mother, but for all we know she could be referring to her adopted mother - or someone they told her was her mother.
    We probably will never know this.

5. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I thought that to, I was hoping for another twist or somthing more. ;)

6. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    I've heard the dagobah scene is on the digital version so I wont find that out until I go and see it in Novi here sometime!

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Man, I had the most rockin' time at this movie, and I was just happy that it was actually GOOD. There were tears. And the use of Force powers in lightsaber combat rocked my world. I so thoroughly enjoyed myself, and tomorrow, I'm totally buying the soundtrack.

I saw it at 12:30 AM over here in Cleveland, and it was amazing. 40 members of the Jedi Knights of Cleveland (according to the Plain Dealer), tons of costumes. Awesome xbox duel game set up in the lobby, people laughed at me as I went head to head with a computer science pal. I was getting really into it.

I also got to be part of the "honour guard" for the wookiee call competition at the 12:01 showing. I was actually there to be the trivia person, but the audience wanted wookiees. Oh well. Half the fun of this showing was volunteering in costume, and the theatre was awesome and reserved seats for all the volunteers in the best part of the theatre.

I'm still geeking out about this, though I should really be packing. Or finishing my assignment stuffage. Or something. End of the school year sucks in its business.

8. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    It was a great movie, and I know I would have liked to see more wookies and Dooku but I think it ran smoother this way. Yoda on Dagobah also would be nice but the plot was smooth this way and at over 2 hours it didn't feel bloated with this cut.

Padme saying "there's still hope" would make sense.

When Luke asks Leia "what do you remember about your mother" and then says "your real mother" I always felt she was somehow using the Force to see her, like in a vision or a special early memory that the Force can be used to see. Cause first she tells him about her adoptive mother, and thats when Luke says "your real mother" I have to bust out my DVDs to get the lines.

Maybe Padme is able to come back as a Force ghost when Leia is little or in her dreams. You would think Lucasfilm would have some sort of explination for us fans, thats a big continuity thing.

9. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    padme - "there is still good in him"

10. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    ok cool that makes since .... :)

11. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    My only real complaint is not about the movie, the theater we were in at studio 28, the sound really, really sucked! I really think my stereo at home is ten times better. Now granted it wasn't the THX theater, but it sounded like old stereo sound instead of surround sound.

Hopefully when I see it again saturday it will be better.

12. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Celebration's sound rocked!!!! :p

13. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I've heard the dagobah scene is on the digital version so I wont find that out until I go and see it in Novi here sometime!

Nope, it's not in the digital version. The best we can hope for is the DVD. I also hope they add in some of the planning for the rebel alliance that was cut out. :)

I always assumed Leia was talking about Mrs. Organa. She was Leia's real mother, not her birth mother, but the one who raised her. When Alderaan is destroyed Leia grievs for her planet and her father, but her mother is never mentioned. I've always thought that she must have died at some point. Anyway, I don't think Padme made any ghostly appearances, she wasn't strong in the force.

14. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    I'm sure the scences shot will be on the DVD, they were on the other ones. Stuff like Padme's apartment and race scenes aren't important but they were on the DVD.

I was in the THX theatre at Studio 28 and the sound was great but at times the crowd was still louder. :p I don't think I've been in the non-THX theatres in a long time so I can't comment, I live in Holland so I ususally go into one of are theartres or Cinemark.

I kind of like the idea of Leia being able to use the Force and see images of their real mother like memories. Luke is tied into their father but Leia should have some Force abilities being Anakin's daughter. She hadn't trained to use them, but she should still have some.

15. Obiwancloneme

Obiwancloneme Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Wow that movie rocked, i almost cried :*(
    THE YOUNGLINS!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

the only gripe i have is ...
    Padma could have played the "getting choked" part a little better, had to have been the worst acting in the whole film.Yet she did 200% better in this film then the first two.

And leia must be refering to her adopted mother in rotj.

16. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Sorry Chancellor I told you the wrong thing about the Dagobah scene; I thought I read it somewhere on the internet before the movie came out. Oh well, I have been known to be wrong from time to time. Hopefully it will be on the DVD when it comes out.

17. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I LOVE THAT MOVIE. Although the part where Anakin burns is pretty nasty. I didn't care to see it the second time around.

When Anakin killed the Younglings, if I had been there he would be dead. Point blank. :)

I thought it was kind of strange how Anakin's eyes kept changing from blue to yellow to blue again.

There were several times when I thought characters such as Yoda and Mace Windu could've used their abilities more efficiently. Several times I had to laugh and say if the guy had just kicked his opponent it would have been a shorter movie. :p

18. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Yeah, Force abilities seem to come and go through out the series. The emperor just gets thrown over a balcany and dies in RotJ. Couldn't just pick him self up or hover :p

I was a little puzzeled by the changing eye color, must have something to do with how consumed he is by the dark side. I doubt its an error, Lucas could easily digitally alter eye colr if it was an error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.