main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS/PT Merge - February 6 - ATTN VIP's - No posting in this forum.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RebelScum77, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    [face_peace]

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Who remembers the shock and outrage on here when it was revealed by Darth Friday that Anakin would choke Padme? All those crazy "spousal abuse" comments. Nuts! [face_laugh]

And what about the ranting that went on when it was announced the OS would be setting up this thing called Hyperspace to control and charge for Spoilers? Even I had a bit of a rant about that one. [face_laugh]

Don't all of those controversy's seem kind of silly now? ;)

3. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, Hyperspace seems a bit silly now...

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I guess, but in a way we brought it on ourselves with the spoilers that were leaked for AOTC. Of course, the irony with ROTS is that the script never did leak, until Lucasfilm themselves sold it! So, I guess from that point of view, Hyperspace worked? But it certainly did make life hard for us Moderators.

5. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    Who remembers the shock and outrage on here when it was revealed by Darth Friday that Anakin would choke Padme? All those crazy "spousal abuse" comments. Nuts!

And what about the ranting that went on when it was announced the OS would be setting up this thing called Hyperspace to control and charge for Spoilers? Even I had a bit of a rant about that one.
    /i]

*sighs*

There were some good times...:_|

6. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    bye 3SA,its benn fun.

7. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    :-B Hyperspace was never, never, never, ever about the spoilers. It's behind the scenes content and exclusive material.:-B

Not that it matters anymore.

8. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    now that rots is out, hyperspace isn't worth the money

9. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't have Hyperspace but the Star Wars Live Action TV Series and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to come out in a few years.

10. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I agree with you there.

Although it would be nice to see what one of those webcam movies I saw advertised looks like.

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Woah, I forgot about that. [face_laugh]

12. albertperk

albertperk Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    Welp I'm gonna miss 3SA...there was a lot of awesome insight for Episode III, and I loved talking to peeps in here and everything. Oh yeah, thanks for not slamming me guys haha, I don't have as many posts as most people in here but I just wanted to say thanks. :)

RIP 3SA =D=

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    And the downright righteous outrage over Yoda farting? [face_laugh] That thread stayed at the top for days. Wooooweee, you never seen so many mad folks.

14. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Good lord, who could forget that? I had to leave this place for a couple of months because of that craziness.

15. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I love the Revenge of the Sith board. I've been coming here every day since it was made. Some of my favorite moments include-

-Summer 03: filming began! Man was that exciting. To see this movie that I had been anticipating for so long actually start to materialize: wow. Watching the Hyperspace Webcam for clues and guessing what it was they were doing was great fun. Pablo's set diaries gave us all something to look forward to every night.

-During one of Rick McCallum's Hyperspace chats, I asked him the last question that was answered: Can you tell us just ONE WORD of dialogue from the script? His answer was "How about 3? I don't fear..."
    Those were the first words of dislogue for the Episode III script to be revealed.

-I was the one who made the thread when the title got revealed. That was crazy.

-When the teaser trailer came out in October, it was around noon. I had class at 12:15 I believe, and I was literally standing at my desk with my backpack and coat on, refreshing starwars.com and hoping it would be up before I left. Finally, the site updated with the teaser, and I just dropped my backpack because I wanted to be right here when everyone saw it for the first time. That was so amazing actually SEEING clips from Episode III. Such a good teaser...

-All the Hyperspace updates and spoiler reports along the way, there are way too many to start talking about individually.

-The official trailer! I left the OC on for an hour as I sat on this board, waiting and waiting. Man, that show is bad. Anyway, the trailer blew my mind. I was in stunned silence until the end when I saw Sidious throwing Senate pods at Yoda and I just mumbled "Oh, my, god..."

-Come January 05, I refrained from visiting this board as much as I could. By then, a lot of major plot points were being revealed, and specific scenes were being discussed. I did well at refraining and I missed coming here like crazy, but I knew that in the end it was worth it because the movie would be better for me. And it was.

-Seeing Episode III at midnight was fantastic. I got in line around 6 pm, and within an hour, a friend of mine who works at the movie theater spotted me, and offered to take me into the "Employee Only" advance screening of the movie that was starting in a matter of minutes. I declined because I had been waiting sooo long for this movie, that I couldn't cheat and give in when I had only a matter of hours left. I stayed in that line because I wanted to see Episode III at midnight with my friends, the way that I had been envisioning it.

Overall, I'm just going to miss the excitement. I'll be visiting these boards until Star Wars isn't fun to me anymore, which I don't see ever happening. And I know we've got the TV series in the future, but I'm going to miss the excitement of speculating about a new movie, ya know? The uncertainty, the guessing, the imagining how this could all possibly play out. I'm going to miss that. It just won't be the same anymore because we no longer have a new movie anywhere on the horizon. So it's our job as Star Wars fans to keep Star Wars alive! I know I don't need to say this, because Star Wars fans are the best fans out there, but keep it going.

Goodbye Revenge of the Sith board; you'll be missed. Thanks for the memories.

-ImperialMarchFace

16. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    To the greatest forum that ever walked the galaxy. To the forum that spoiled us all.

Good bye 3SA, you will remain in my heart forever, in my memory and those of the other thousands of members you spoiled, you will live on, spoiling for an enternity.

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Goodbye, 3SA and then RotS. I worked my butt off for you.

18. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Then you must have had an awful lot to begin with. :p

19. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You never could accept you were wrong about Obi-Wan falling on Coruscant, could you?

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    That's more like it. [face_laugh] I want to see some Gunslinger and Teh Yellow love before this place goes. You guys arguing, but not really arguing is hysterical. [face_laugh]

21. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I admit one mistake I made. I thought the troopers in AotC marching up the ramp was on Geonosis and not Coruscant. Other than that, Roland's the one making the mistakes while I get them right.

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    He says you said there were river of molten metal on Mustafar.

That's what he says you said...

23. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    You sound like that scene from Zorro [face_laugh]

24. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I don't just say that. It's true. Sapient has a long history of believing every hokey theory and then staking his reputation on it.

'nuff said. o_O

25. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    [image=http://archive.ghostbusters.net/images/moviepics/gho/4.jpg]
    "Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.