main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference RPG Introduction Service v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    DarkLordoftheFins proudly presents . . .

From the GM of The Cold Embrace and Silent Cities . . .

[i]A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~[/i]
    [hr]

The Change brought many riddles and unanswered questions. And many quests for truth were doomed to fail and sometimes even futile. For lies covered what humanity had never been meant to know. And a skillful tapestry of lies it was indeed.

But it wasn´t as if no humans had known the answers. Some actually did. They just weren´t able to tell them, anymore . . .

[hr]

[hl=darkred][color=brown][b]Heartland[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]

[i]What will you do? Turn fire into water? Make oceans of wine? This is not happening![/i]

It was New Years Day. 2012. But for the young man it was more like a new world was born. He had remained silent for hours, trying to understand the profound meaning of what he had witnessed. When he did finally speak it was a recognition of his intellectual defeat.

"I have no idea what to say." The young man said and then had to laugh. "But you know what I think anyway, do you?" He added.

The other man stayed silent. There was a smile around his lips. Hinted. Lurking to break forth. And a small gesture of his hand made the young man look away from the pale, hairless face of his host and to the candle burning next to him. Burning . . . well . . . it was not exactly burning anymore.

[image=http://fantasyartdesign.com/free-wallpapers/imgs/new/23-flame-fantasy01.jpg]

[hr]

[i]The answers are coming from the past . . . [/i]

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    [image=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8383/titleki.jpg]

[b][u]Preview 3 (of 3): The Teaser[/b][/u]

[hr]

[blockquote]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSB1HT0ezE]Coming Soon[/link]

[/blockquote]

[hr]

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    [image=http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/jedisully/Cuphoist.jpg]

Do You Want To Win The Galactic Cup of Limmie?

That?s right, the most coveted trophy in the galaxy is up for grabs in a new, fast-paced sports-based RPG Elite League Limmie. Players will get to manage the roster of one of the eight top Limmie sports teams in the galaxy as they chase the holy grail of Star Wars sports, roleplaying as one of many people connected to their franchise. Potential roles include team owner, general manager, head coach, player, and many more!

Don?t know anything about Limmie? No problem! The rules are simple and don?t matter a whole lot anyways. The GM is at your disposal to help you get your bearings too. ;)

Don?t know what team you want? We?ve got plenty you can pick from if you don?t want to make your own.

Don?t know if you?ve got time for another RPG? The first season only lasts five weeks and players are free to transition in and out between seasons.

Elite League Limmie is a fun, casual RPG for anyone who wants to wed a love of sports to their love of Star Wars. So what are you waiting for? Immortality awaits, etched into the side of the Galactic Cup of Limmie. Somebody?s going to win it. Will it be you?

4. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    War is a drug.

It hits you with a wave of adrenaline, which invigorates and stimulates every one of your senses.

A mixture of fear and excitement sweeps over you.

Then, comes the fall.

Pain, confusion and doubt all wrack your body like a seizure.

You have to get out; you have to get away.

But, even after you leave the war, the war doesn?t leave you.

You?ll be back. And, next time, you won?t get so lucky.

Coming this summer:

The Frontline Diaries

5. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Sobek.svg/500px-Sobek.svg.png]

[b][u]Preview 4 (of 3): ???[/b][/u]

[hr]

[blockquote]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Where lies the deceit, if the deceiver does not realise his own deception?

I will be in touch.

P.S. When in doubt, clap your hands.
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]

[hr]

6. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Boy, thread, am I glad to see you.

I'm a player looking for a game.

Specifically, I'd like to play my character Sterling Makedan.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/PlaidButterfly/sterling.jpg]
    In summary, he's a young Jedi-wannabe who was only found after thoroughly shortening his life with deathsticks in an effort to stave off his Force-related nightmares. He's had minimal training from a grey jedi master, and has dedicated his life to doing 'as much good in as little time' as he can, specifically working against drug cartels of the universe. Although he has a lot of natural talent, he is exceedingly untrained, and is prone to screwing things up ((e.g., he is NOT an excuse to powergame! I am a cruel creator and take delight in his FUBAR-ing everything)).
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/PlaidButterfly/sterlingsabers.jpg]
    He does have two lightsabers that he did not build from scratch, but instead replaced the crystals with those he had medidated over. As such the two are imprinted with images, mostly to keep himself calm in battle (green = plant life imagery = defensive; blue = water imagery = offensive). He is very much in love with the natural world even after growing up a 'city kid'. His lightsaber style is very disorganized and akin to street fighting (e.g., karate:capoeira::usual lightsaber styles:Sterling's personal style) and he basically has practice only against training droids, and he will be sorely outmatched in most any battle against a real opponent.

I am extremely flexible when it comes to time period. Basically, if there's something of a Jedi Order to be had, he'll be there (whether that's significantly ABY or before the movies start, whatever is fine). He usually hails from Coruscant but Taris, etc., basically any city world will do.

I'd like to play him as he stands, though I realize that on paper he may sound overpowered - this is because I've roleplayed all that out over several years and when you take that time, it's not so overpowered anymore. But I can play him from basically any point - street urchin and drug addict, on up - including a variant where he gets absorbed into the Jedi Order, but as an Agricorps member or, well, basically a janitor instead of a potential padawan simply because the Jedi would like to keep tabs on him.

I'll be happy to answer questions about him, provide roleplaying samples, etc (though I have posted fanfiction if you want to see what my writing's like). Thanks :)

Edit:
    I should mention that while I'd like to play Sterling, I have some other characters bouncing around. I'd love to play an older, redeemed Asajj Ventress in the classic trilogy setting, for example (much as she appears in the fanfic I just wrote, "Deceit").

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Hey Harpalyce, great to see some enthusiasm to get in a few games from a new face such as yourself!

We use the RPG Introduction Service as a means to introduce games to a wider audience; think of it as a bulletin board filled with ads for games. I'm certain you would be able to find many games here on the Role Playing Forums that would be to your liking. All you have to do is look around! :)

8. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Most of the games I've seen are pretty thoroughly entrenched, hence why I posted here - the first page does have the second purpose as "New players who are having trouble finding the type of game they would like to play", and since my character's very specific, I thought I'd post here. :) But if my post is out of place, just let me know! I will happily delete or edit it out.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    No problem at all - just a heads-up that it mostly gets used for advertising games. The second purpose is sort of an open secret, it would seem. :p

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    The forest was dense.

He waited.

He wasn?t walking now.

Flying.

Because he was a cloud.

The plane was coming.

They were coming.

And he would get off the island.

Finally.

He was. . .

The Man In Black.

[image=http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/9752/smoke5qf.jpg]

~Lost Sequel: Flight 6000 Down~

Coming in the Fall

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Stoney End Park, Hana City, Chandrila

The streets around Stoney End were silent. Banners wafted silently in the gentle wind. This was only a temporary condition. In just a few days' time, they would be packed by beings from across the universe who all wanted to see one thing:

The Galactic Cup of Limmie.

Yes, Stoney End Park was hosting the Galactic Cup Final again. It has been called a "cathedral devoted to the sport of Limmie" and the title is apt. The oldest and smallest stadium in the Elite League, trotting out onto that field was always something special. This time, for two teams, it wouldn't get any bigger.

The Kashyyyk Rangers were trying to win their second Galactic Cup in three years, a feat last completed by the very Chandrila Patriots who called Stoney End home. For a team who had only played three years in the Elite League, the very thought pushed limits of believability, but it was true.

On the other side were the Coruscant Senators, one of the galaxy's oldest teams. The Senators had experienced a season of rebirth in which they had forced the entire galaxy to respect them again. Now they were looking to enter the annals of Limmie history with a record-tying seventh Galactic Cup victory.

And yet, even as the two Galactic Cup Finalists pensively prepared for their final meeting of the year, dozens of other teams anxiously looked forward to this time next year because maybe--just maybe--it would be their turn...

Elite League Limmie 263 Season: We'll Meet Again
    Season starts July 21, 2010
    Schedule released July 18
    Applications now being accepted

12. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Thirty minutes before liftoff. . .

The Boeing 747 awaited the pilot on the runway. Pilot Jin Wong Mae was preoccupied though. As she walked into the empty supply room, depositing the empty, plastic coffee cup into the small garbage can, someone closed the door behind her. The noise frightened her, and she wheeled around, the cup bumping the side of the can and rolling off. A man stood there, with long, curly brown hair and a chubby figure. Too chubby for regulation standards, that Jin knew. She noticed his clothing was dark, with green patches of leaves and twigs. Smiling at her as if he was embarrassed for being caught, he fiddled from foot to foot. Jin stared at him for a couple of seconds before she decided to speak.

?Ms. Mae, what a pleasure it is to. . .um. . .meet you,? the chubby fellow stuttered some, his face blushing darker. What frightened Jin the most was that he knew her name.

?How do you. . .?

?Know you name? It?s complicated.?
    the chubby man smirked, staring at her fully now.

?You know, I can wait,? Jin replied cockily.

?I know that you are going to be flying a plane today. Big day for you. So I recommend going on to the plane. And. . .call your mother.?

?Why-?

?Just call your mother.? the chubby man then looked to spill the fallen coffee cup was making on the floor, and Jin followed his gaze. She bent down to pick the cup up, then turned back to face the man. He was gone, the door still shut. Jin glanced from side to side warily, then walked from the room, her hands shaking. Sighing she walked from the room, then remembered what the man had said about her mother. Sighing she opened her cell phone from her pocket, dialing a number. Putting the phone to the side of her face, she heard the jingle, then someone on the other end of the line picking up.

?Hello mom. . .?

Game begins in two weeks. . .

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Now Playing . . .

Music has always been a part of the human experience. It has followed technological innovations and other changes in the ever-shifting world economy, and continues to be an integral part of life. Although music used to be just for entertainment, the dawn of big business ended the simple musicians lifestyle, and caused the great chase for contracts to begin among potential stars in the music industry.

Now, it's your turn to join the fight for recording rights. What kind of music do you prefer? What will get you to the top? It won't be easy, just as AC/DC once sang about. It's a Long Way to the Top, they mused, and you'll definitely have to work for every record sold, every Rock made in performance. Sometimes you will succeed, other times will see you in utter poverty as you chase your dreams of music stardom. Can you handle the pressure?

Music Hero: The Music Industry RPG

The Industry is watching . . .

14. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Nights Under Gus Talon!

NuGs is the life. Whether you are a criminal or CorSec officer, you're going to have problems and you're going to have opposition. It is also a noir story, full with mystery and the embrace of an Underworld long forgotten by Star Wars. NuGs is a RP where your character deals with their life and the lives around them that they affect.

Currently Seeking:
    -Criminals of all kinds.

-b

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    [image=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8383/titleki.jpg]

Here.

16. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    [image=http://www.romanguide.com/images/ancient-rome.jpg]

"The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall."
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"The Divine Right of Kings"

A new idea in strategic gaming, coming to the NSWRPF by month's end.

-I_H

17. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    [image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/037/9/4/The_Illusive_man_by_Miles_Prowlis.jpg]

Humanity has always been the underdog of the galactic community. Never respected. Never appreciated. But feared. Always feared. They refuse to see us as anything but a threat to what they call stability.

We mean to change that.

Despite brief fame for our efforts in the defense of the Citadel and beyond, we?re still seen with the same tired old apprehension.

I would have them know we are different considering what lays on the horizon, and all we are willing to do to stop it.

Mass Effect: To Kill a Matriarch

Soon.

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Glory hurts

[image=http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/jedisully/tackle.jpg]

In the Elite League, nothing comes easy. To hold the bolo-ball in your hands is to invite pain. It is only through being hit again and again and again that one can win the greatest trophy in the galaxy: the Galactic Cup of Limmie.

Already teams have begun to marshall and prepare for the 264 season. From the Deep Core to the fringes of the Outer Rim, owners, general managers, coaches, players, and fans have begun their preparations. Some are based in well developed systems, some in superstition, and all are designed to help their team hoist the Galactic Cup.

Old stalwarts will return, but new faces will also emerge to prove their mettle. Will your team be one of them?

264 season starts October 10
    Schedule released October 6

New Players now being accepted!

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They return, the shadowless ones.
    While they quest for the Twilight Dragon...
    Rumble, says the Hearth,
    And the Lord of the Dark,
    has raised finally his army.
    The Master of Light beckons.
    At the base of the Wave do they meet
    Against the abominable Wave,
    together they fight.
    Dac's lake boils.
    Ossus' great tree doth fall.
    The Force - now all to droplets turned
    in the temple of Coruscant.
    Return to nothing,
    this world of shadowless ones.
    Never to return, the shadowed one,
    Who quests for the Twilight Dragon.

Knights of the Last Republic: Twilight of the Gods.

The words head off into space, as they do, and a green and grey planet floats into view, rising from below. As we watch, a small asteroid soars across, a piece of flotsam against a background of stars, falling towards the planet. And then, all of a sudden, the planet vanished in a flash of light, leaving nothing. No, not nothing ? a small light becomes evident, flying away from the planet towards the asteroid. It comes into view, a Tydirium-class shuttle craft, ancient beyond ancient in this time period, and in a flash, it passes the asteroid, sending it spinning away, the camera pans to follow the shuttle ? and it vanishes into hyperspace.

20. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: THE PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

It promised him ultimate power in exchange for one death?the death of the Force!

A vacant throne, a fragile union, and all those broken ties and promises: but the tide of death is coming.

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/pashatemur/RPG%20Icons/GAWTease.jpg]

Sate Pestage stared at his upturned hand, examining his fingernails for a moment and then nearly imperceptibly, he lifted his gaze just above them to stare pointedly at the Togruta before speaking to Vader, "If I didn't truly recognize madness, I'd say you are insane, Your Imperial Majesty, but you're something far worse!"

Anakin sighed inwardly against the necessity of Pestage. He watched the Grand Vizier intently as the man glided with all the grace of a sweet spoken 'snake'. "Oh, and what would that be?"

The Vizier smiled slowly and then grimaced at the thought of indulging the Emperor?s fantasy. "You are an idealist! The most dangerous kind of fool there is...and you'll get us all KILLED..."

GAW continues amid political intrigue and the machinations of the endangered Council of Moffs. Lord Vader is now Emperor and he will need to marshal the forces of the Galaxy against that danger.

GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: THE PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

Coming soon?

Art direction and photo manipulation by Corellian_Outrider
    GM GAW IV pashatemur

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)

STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game) is recruiting for new and returning players!!!!! :D Intervention will be expanding as a game very soon and will be opening up more player slots! If you are interested in joining Intervention, please send a PM to Bravo with a character sheet meeting the character sheet requirements found on the intro post of the game thread. To help you navigate through Intervention, please click on the below links:

STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

[Library Thread] STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game) *

* Current Roster will be expanded with 4 to 8 additional player (starfighter) slots; number of additional open slots dependent on player recruitment numbers

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Do You Like Getting Your Name Etched Into Shiny Stuff?

What a ridiculous question, of course you do! Your opportunity to have just that happen is quickly approaching. The next season of Elite League Limmie is beginning soon and with it comes your opportunity to win the Galactic Cup of Limmie.

That sounds cool?but does it require a lot of work? I mean, I?ve got things to do.

Of course, we all do. The game is designed to be pretty casual in nature. One post each week gives your team a boost in terms of potential score. That?s it! You can post more if you want, but that?s just for your own enjoyment. Posting less is fine too! Your team won?t be as competitive in a week where you don?t post because they haven?t ?prepared? as much, but so-called ?unprepared? teams beat the prepared ones all the time. ;)

I don?t know what Limmie is, so how can I possibly play?

Actually, nobody knows what Limmie is like. We have overarching rules, but for a lot of players that?s not so important. Your character is simply somehow connected to a team in some fashion. That could be an owner, general manager, head coach, assistant coach, player, broadcaster, even a fan! There are actually really interesting opportunities for a character who is a hot dog vendor if you happened to think about it. If you can justify how your player would be connected to a team, you?re good!

But don?t I have to make a team?

If that?s stopping you, don?t let it. As your trusty GM, there are plenty of resources I can offer you to help you make a team.

So, if you have even the slightest interest in joining Elite League Limmie for the upcoming season, PM me today!

23. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    A few years back, there was a simple game that barely reached 600 posts. Due to it's popularity, a sequel was created. And from there, it was catapulted into an entire series, winning RPF Awards and garnering a lot of interest.

That series was known as "Star Wars...007 Style".

Now, after 6 years, 5 games, a guest GM, and a brief hiatus... the 007 Style series is back.

New heroes. New villains. New story arcs. Series creator Dubya_Scott has returned with an ALL NEW game in the series.

On January 1st...

MI5 will return.

24. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Xan Edit: No discussion in this thread please - trailers and game recommendation requests only. If you have a question about a specific trailer please contact the poster directly.

25. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    The Colonists had been looking for a better life . . . an honest job . . . a better future for them and their children. They had longed for peace and prosperity. And all of that, they seemed to have found on the rich mining colony Ashen. An outstanding example of harmony among species through cooperation and a common goal. The future was theirs . . .

?This is mining colony Ashen, is anybody out there? I repeat is *** bod *** out there? We need immediate assistance. We are under attack by an unkno *** force. Please. Most of us are dead. Those who li** won´t hold out *** long. Please respond if you hear this. We are *** It *** see *** it ***Oh my *** we * * * induced * * * can´t *********** God help *** all. I cannot ****?

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/277/1/8/Industrial_colony_by_konthark.jpg]

[hr]

[image=http://gfx.gexe.pl/news/masseffect/20090709020900.jpg]

[b][hl=black][color=silver]Ashen[/color][/hl][/b]

[i]coming soon . . . [/i]